These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Can i move my Carrier to Highsec (within a Transporter)

First post
Author
Sheryl Alduin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-30 10:53:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Sheryl Alduin
as the title says... can i do this without getting in trouble with CCP?

the rules do not forbid it:

Quote:
1. Capital ships may under no circumstances be used for aggression.

2. If at war, or with war declaration pending, you may not take your capital ship out of station.

3. You may not use your capital ship’s attributes to gain any sort of advantage over other players while in high security space.

4. You may not sell or put your capital up for sale while in high security space.

5. Breach any of the above and receive 2 weeks ban and off to low sec with your capital.

so..
It should be fine if i do not start to make silly things with it?

EDIT:
At the moment there is not much use for a carrier, and i like to have all my stuff at one place -.-
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#2 - 2013-05-30 10:56:49 UTC
What ship are you planning to use to move a carrier with?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#3 - 2013-05-30 10:56:49 UTC
I think the answer will be nope, it won't fall under the grandfather rights that cover highsec caps etc.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Liner Xiandra
Sparks Inc
#4 - 2013-05-30 11:01:35 UTC
Good luck finding a freighter that can hold a packaged carrier
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#5 - 2013-05-30 11:03:32 UTC
Fail.

If you did your research you would have seen that any capital is bigger then the cargohold of a maxed skilled Charon which in itself is the biggest hauler.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Sheryl Alduin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-05-30 11:03:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Sheryl Alduin
Quote:

Freighter... a dismantled Carrier should fit in there.

As is said.. im curious... since the rules have no answer for this question.

I also do not see anything bad with moving a carrier into highsec this way... if it will not be used for agressive things after the transport. (and we already have highsec capitals...)

I think it do not makes any sense to have a carrier in 0.4 if you do not have a use for it at the moment... i like to have my stuff at one place, so i would like to take it to the station where i have my stuff.

EDIT: Am i to stupid to read.... forget it... i must have missread the packed size of carriers... or so... let me check this again -.-
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#7 - 2013-05-30 11:04:47 UTC
Sheryl Alduin wrote:
Quote:

I also do not see anything bad with moving a carrier into highsec this way... if it will not be used for agressive things after the transport. (and we already have highsec capitals...)

I think it do not makes any sense to have a carrier in 0.4 if you do not have a use for it at the moment... i like to have my stuff at one place, so i would like to take it to the station where i have my stuff.

No it doesnt fit...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#8 - 2013-05-30 11:05:56 UTC
Sheryl Alduin wrote:
Quote:

"Should" fit? It doesn't. You think you're the first person to have the idea of putting Capitals in hisec? That nobody before you in the history of Eve would think of it?

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Sheryl Alduin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-05-30 11:06:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Sheryl Alduin
Quote:
No it doesnt fit...

yeah... i see... i forgot some of the 0s within the numbers for the actual needed space... sry -.- *smashes head on table*

Quote:
You think you're the first person to have the idea of putting Capitals in hisec? That nobody before you in the history of Eve would think of it?

no... i just thought it has already be done, but was not sure what ccp said about it...

but.. forget it >.<
Darvaleth Sigma
Imperial Security Hegemony
#10 - 2013-05-30 15:03:54 UTC
Sheryl Alduin wrote:
Quote:
No it doesnt fit...

yeah... i see... i forgot some of the 0s within the numbers for the actual needed space... sry -.- *smashes head on table*

Quote:
You think you're the first person to have the idea of putting Capitals in hisec? That nobody before you in the history of Eve would think of it?

no... i just thought it has already be done, but was not sure what ccp said about it...

but.. forget it >.<

Don't worry about, we all have brainfarts from time to time. Look at Asaki for a prime example!

Give a man a match and you warm him for a day.

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!

Pipernelli Spacemitt
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-05-30 15:05:39 UTC
Darvaleth Sigma wrote:
Don't worry about, we all have brainfarts from time to time. Look at Asaki for a prime example!

You misspelled Andski.
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-05-30 16:30:18 UTC
Only way now to get one in hi sec is if a GM acts upon a petition for glitched ship loss after just waking up and puts it where your character is before making sure your not in hi sec =).

But even then you wont be able to keep it there they will move it to low sec once the mistake is noticed.

You can no longer purchase hi sec capitals that are grandfathered in.. Such a bummer. So your out of luck on all sides. Blink
ian papabear
No Regard.
#13 - 2013-05-30 16:33:14 UTC
no

and they gto rid of all the tricks that allowed you to move your capital to highsec i.e unsubbing 6months clone trick, itereon cargohold expander glitc, etc

its all good, the guys in highsec with their true capitals i.e carriers/dreads are the last of those in highsec

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-05-30 17:01:21 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

OP: Apply ice to burned area.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-05-30 17:03:21 UTC
.........pwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, CCP... let me bring my carrier to Empire... Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#16 - 2013-05-30 17:37:38 UTC
Confirming that OP is the first person to have half baked idea about sneaking a cap into highsec.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?