These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Er.....is that it?

First post
Author
Roisin Connor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-30 15:57:03 UTC
Er... is that it?

You (CCP) have tweaked the scanning system and changed the way it works slightly and are selling this as an expansion.

Does anyone else feel the same way as me after each supposed expansion - utterly dejected and depressed with the progress this game is making. When are CCP going to actually move the game on a bit ie open that station cabin door for our avatar.

There was a brilliant post about a prototype exploration game made in Unity engine that CCP had been protyping. You actually got out of your ship and explored the site, other players could come and hunt you. It was FPS love in space. Where is that? We get a few changes to exploration and call it an expansion.

Oh and you add some new system travel animation....

Man this is the only game that is worth playing at the moment but you guys really need to grow a pair and release something more than tweaks.

Please hurry the **** up CCP.
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#2 - 2013-05-30 16:02:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Azorria
The scanner is one of the most visible changes, but by no means the only one - or even close to the largest.

EDIT: Yes, there are a lot of 'tweaks' and little brand new stuff - but there are a lot of 'tweaks'

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Blake Gates Heleneto
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-05-30 16:04:01 UTC
LOL

Tell me again how much you are paying for these expansions...

And have you even read the dev blogs pertaining to Odyssey? Or did you see "exploration" and "scanning" and get stuck on that? FYI, there's a whole lot more to it.

Also, if the only thing you seem to care about is walking around with your avatar instead of flying spaceships (which by the way is what this game is all about), then go play WoW. You can walk around Dumbassland all you want to.

Have a terrible day. *rolls eyes*
Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-05-30 16:05:20 UTC
Got out of your ship? Pray do tell what would ever posses me, a capsuleer, leave my precious pod that allows me full control of my ship. Go outside of the 6 to 20 meters of titanium hull that separates my pod and the hard vacuum, and leave the protection of my Blaster Cannons just so Dust Bunny can come and hunt me down?

Come on, have you not been here for the Jita riots? We do not want Avatar exploration, we dont want to run around on foot hopping nimbly bimbly from platform to platform. What we want is spaceships, that is why we are playing this game and CCP is providing plenty of changes to exiting Battlehships and Skills in order to make access and use of said spaceships different for a while after the release of Odessey. Plus its a free freaking expansion, say thank you to CCP that you dont have to pay 30 bucks to play a race of space pandas.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#5 - 2013-05-30 16:07:08 UTC
Avatar dress-up and emoting fetishist posting detected.

You should try looking here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=240126

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Danni stark
#6 - 2013-05-30 16:08:43 UTC
if you think those minor things you've moaned about are the sum total of all the odyssey changes, then i feel bad for you OP.
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#7 - 2013-05-30 16:08:43 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Avatar dress-up and emoting fetishist posting detected.

You should try looking here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=240126

Alternatively, information about desired content can be found here.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#8 - 2013-05-30 16:09:49 UTC
Go dance in a bar somewhere else.
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#9 - 2013-05-30 16:12:20 UTC
Been playing eve for 2 years, slightly underwhelmed by each expansion. But I come to expect this feeling. So meh.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

CompleteFailure
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-05-30 16:16:30 UTC
F***ING NAVY BATTLECRUISERS.

That is all.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#11 - 2013-05-30 16:18:40 UTC
Like all things, hype leads to disappointment. Maybe I'm weird, but the tweaks are what I look forward to most.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#12 - 2013-05-30 16:20:24 UTC
This expansion seems to be a 'groundwork/polish' expansion. I expect more content from the next winter expansion.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#13 - 2013-05-30 16:21:51 UTC
It is going to be a disappointment, but not because of the lack of Incarna stuff.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Haulie Berry
#14 - 2013-05-30 16:25:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
http://neural-boost.com/odyssey

Yep. That's it. That's all they did.

Roll

Quote:
When are CCP going to actually move the game on a bit ie open that station cabin door for our avatar.

Oh. I see. You're the kind of assclown who isn't going to be happy with anything other than more spacebarbie content.

Now it all makes sense.
RaTTuS
BIG
#15 - 2013-05-30 16:27:54 UTC
to the OP
yes that is it,
contract me all your stuff on the way out

http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png http://i.imgur.com/kYLoKrM.png

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#16 - 2013-05-30 16:28:53 UTC
maybe less frequent but more major expansions would be better, given that they add so much in terms of GUI updates and rebalancing between expansions.

apart from tradition it's really just marketing free game updates which is sort of pointless when you look at it like that.

forums.  serious business.

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#17 - 2013-05-30 16:30:38 UTC
I'm just sad that the hacking game isn't even finished yet. Just bare bones that need another iteration or three. And archaeology doesn't get its own mechanics until some day in the indistinct future.

But we have scatter mechanics. I still can't fathom who thought that would be interesting and fun gameplay.
floating in space
#18 - 2013-05-30 16:36:29 UTC
There's nothing wrong with complaining about an expansion you don't like.

I honestly hope some of you are being paid to defend CCP and aren't just volunteering.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#19 - 2013-05-30 16:39:44 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
I'm just sad that the hacking game isn't even finished yet. Just bare bones that need another iteration or three. And archaeology doesn't get its own mechanics until some day in the indistinct future.

But we have scatter mechanics. I still can't fathom who thought that would be interesting and fun gameplay.

They said at fanfest that it was originally a concept for mining iteration that would require more interactivity and teamwork....

Can't help but think that it would have been better used where it was originally intended. I don't hate where it is now, but it certainly won't be properly appreciated for what it was capable of.

The Drake is a Lie

Malkev
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#20 - 2013-05-30 16:40:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Malkev
floating in space wrote:
I honestly hope some of you are being paid to defend CCP and aren't just volunteering.

I honestly hope that OP isn't as dense as he seems.

Feel free to continue ignoring the entire page of stickies and feedback in Features & Ideas.

Also, ignore this post while you're at it: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=240126&find=unread
123Next pageLast page