These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Remember Ourzad!

Author
David Devant
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#21 - 2013-05-30 13:53:24 UTC  |  Edited by: David Devant
Frosty-nee wrote:
Major Trant wrote:
Pull up a sandbag my friend and let me tell you the story of Ourzad. A story of arrogance and over confidence. A story of victory and defeat. A story of friendships lost and regained. A story like the Alamo and 'The 300' where the victor was left decimated and the defeated rose from the ashes like the Phoenix.

Also I'd like to point out that this is a total mischaracterization of the situation..

It was a bit like 300, at least the first hour of the film. Lots of fights, high efficiency.

But then for the last bit when Xerxes and his hordes show up for the big show down it's a bit different because that crippled chap says "Sorry, they've f*cked off".

After that Xerxes and his hordes have to walk in circles around a big rock all weekend.

I can't decide whether roflsocks, dcm or templar dane is the crippled chap.

Lots of love

David Devant (esq.)
Almity
In Exile.
#22 - 2013-05-30 13:59:14 UTC
Just a little FYI here.

One. IO was the dominate force in your TZ after inferno. Before that they were scared to engage Zero Heavy. That means they spent about a year being top dog in one TZ while amarr had almost no corps what so ever in that same TZ. Grats on that guys.

Two. Amarr did take Arzad from you before inferno. You took it back in record time but we still took it. Ya know that whole time zone thing can be a *****.

Three. IO and friends pulled some dirty tricks to get where you are and keep Arzad. How about bugging every plex right after DT? It happened for weeks on end before inferno. Let you keep all they systems and start in t3.
Pannax Ni
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-05-30 14:01:52 UTC
David Devant wrote:
It was a bit like 300, at least the first hour of the film. Lots of fights, high efficiency

I think you got Sahtogas confused with Arzad.

FlyingpHotPocket and his brave 300 stood against the Minmatar Farming horde in Sahtogas.

I think someone even made a video.
Frosty-nee
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#24 - 2013-05-30 14:04:15 UTC
The key part of the story in 300 is that they fought even though it was a hopeless fight, which is something that you chose to do the opposite of.

"There will be neither compassion nor mercy; Nor peace, nor solace For those who bear witness to these Signs And still do not believe." - The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 25:10

David Devant
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#25 - 2013-05-30 14:07:14 UTC
Almity wrote:
Just a little FYI here.

One. IO was the dominate force in your TZ after inferno. Before that they were scared to engage Zero Heavy. That means they spent about a year being top dog in one TZ while amarr had almost no corps what so ever in that same TZ. Grats on that guys.

Two. Amarr did take Arzad from you before inferno. You took it back in record time but we still took it. Ya know that whole time zone thing can be a *****.

Three. IO and friends pulled some dirty tricks to get where you are and keep Arzad. How about bugging every plex right after DT? It happened for weeks on end before inferno. Let you keep all they systems and start in t3.

1. We turned the tide on Neph and co long before Inferno, the key to this was breaking his Baddon gangs which we did even before Annah K became the Euro prime time FC. Zero were undoubtedly a worthy (if risk averse) adversary however.

2. This is true. I think it was CTRL-Q that got ousted rather than FeO though. Was a while back and I think CORIM were the major players there.

3. Pure tinfoil.
David Devant
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#26 - 2013-05-30 14:08:43 UTC
Frosty-nee wrote:
The key part of the story in 300 is that they fought even though it was a hopeless fight, which is something that you chose to do the opposite of.

Yes, I sort of think that was the point of my post.
Stalking Mantis
Tr0pa de elite.
Fraternity.
#27 - 2013-05-30 14:27:13 UTC
I approve of the OP Writeup.

To many people including CCP, a few prominent bloggers and many an IWhip pilot think this was a two day affair. It was not.

Again thanks to all involved ESPECIALLY the unseen soldiers that made it happen behind the scenes.

Think of IWhip as the Army, once they roll in with their loud music and heavy machines it is all but over, But other smaller forces always spearhead the assault.

It would be wise for LNA and the Eszur crowd to pay attention here. While there might be a few skirmishes in the week/s leading up to it.....Once IWhip leadership pushes that BIG RED BUTTON you will know the army is on it's way and you should start packing when you hear that rock music blaring out of the Egg undock.

In the meantime dont mind the few covops/recon ships flying around Houla. Dont even pay no mind to the small skirmishes held in Dal and on the kourm gate. Tis just the Amarr derping around and definitely not trying to get a feel for when and how to strike.

/me listens.....

no rock music coming from Egg yet.....so you are safe......for now

Amarr Liason Officer Extraordinare -->Check Out Amarrian Vengeance/Amarr FW History from 2011 to 2014 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=352629&find=unread

Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#28 - 2013-05-30 14:45:34 UTC
space chikun wrote:
Templar Dane wrote:
We weren't sure if fweddit was going to come, so the plan was to keep up the pressure until the batphones went unanswered. We knew if we kept at it, all it would take is one single TZ with no resistance before Arzad would be dangerously close to being captured.

What?

Well, more like "when" fweddit will come.
Almity
In Exile.
#29 - 2013-05-30 15:01:21 UTC
David Devant wrote:
Almity wrote:
Just a little FYI here.

1. We turned the tide on Neph and co long before Inferno, the key to this was breaking his Baddon gangs which we did even before Annah K became the Euro prime time FC. Zero were undoubtedly a worthy (if risk averse) adversary however.

2. This is true. I think it was CTRL-Q that got ousted rather than FeO though. Was a while back and I think CORIM were the major players there.

3. Pure tinfoil.

Sadly there is no tinfoil here. We lived in arzad until right before Inferno last year. I.Law flipped it for the hell of it a month or so before Inferno. I think it only took you guys like five hours to flip it back.

After that we were lucky to see one plex size spawn till we moved out.
Pannax Ni
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-05-30 15:03:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Pannax Ni
Never meant to downplay the efforts of other Amarr Militia, we all know you guys fought just as hard (if not more) than the rockstars from Egg. Taking a system and exploding 130 000 slaves on the IHUB may have bloated our egos somewhat Oops

Quote:
Once IWhip leadership pushes that BIG RED BUTTON you will know the army is on it's way and you should start packing when you hear that rock music blaring out of the Egg undock.

BIO quote right there, awesome.
Zen Guerrilla
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#31 - 2013-05-30 15:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Zen Guerrilla
Stalking Mantis wrote:
[...]

Once IWhip leadership pushes that BIG RED BUTTON you will know the army is on it's way and you should start packing when local fills with terrible Kesha song text spam.
Now you're talking. The rest was pretty accurate. Big smile

I'm so glad Fweddit joined the amarr at the same time CCP introduced the feature to block a complete alliance with one simple click. So good.

/edit

And this described the role Fweddit had just perfectly:
David Devant" wrote:
After that Xerxes and his hordes have to walk in circles around a big rock all weekend.

pew pew

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#32 - 2013-05-30 16:32:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Mra Rednu
David Devant wrote:

Neph turned the tide on his own tbh, was the fact he got a case of turning into a woman which didn't go well with his OCD.

Basically he took too long tinkering with Zero's fleet and which was already formed and ready to go but he be going on about falcons and wt logi's etc, that though ready we still took upwards of an hour to undock that when we finally did the targets had gotten bored and left for home, all that hapened after that was a few of the fleet went GCC on Anom his alt and someone else warped to Zero's cloaky scout, after a while of that we gave up joining as was a waste of time and people went off to do their own thing.
Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
#33 - 2013-05-30 17:21:40 UTC
James Repo wrote:
Salicaz wrote:

Calm down and think for a second. Its easier to move assets when you're allowed in the station.

You don't have to move your stuff if you manage to keep the system or earn it back, and you seem pretty confident you'll get it back . Why not just buy a couple cruisers, frigs, and dessies? You managed to slaughter hundreds of Amarr ships with only a handful of ships surely you don't need all your things to get your system back!

You are a tough guy and clearly know what is best for their alliance.
Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
#34 - 2013-05-30 17:23:20 UTC
Stalking Mantis wrote:

To many people including CCP, a few prominent bloggers and many an IWhip pilot think this was a two day affair. It was not.

Again thanks to all involved ESPECIALLY the unseen soldiers that made it happen behind the scenes.

Think of IWhip as the Army, once they roll in with their loud music and heavy machines it is all but over, But other smaller forces always spearhead the assault.

It would be wise for LNA and the Eszur crowd to pay attention here. While there might be a few skirmishes in the week/s leading up to it.....Once IWhip leadership pushes that BIG RED BUTTON you will know the army is on it's way and you should start packing when you hear that rock music blaring out of the Egg undock.

In the meantime dont mind the few covops/recon ships flying around Houla. Dont even pay no mind to the small skirmishes held in Dal and on the kourm gate. Tis just the Amarr derping around and definitely not trying to get a feel for when and how to strike.

/me listens.....

What are we up to now... operation huola 6.0? you guys are adorable.
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#35 - 2013-05-30 20:06:55 UTC
Good writeup. +1 for fighting outnumbered before Fweddit arrived. Reminds me of when QCATS and SOTF fought 2:1 odds against Happy Endings and Templis Dragonaors during the siege against Rakapas.

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Loki Vice
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2013-05-30 21:06:52 UTC
Gritz1 wrote:
Stalking Mantis wrote:

/me listens.....

What are we up to now... operation huola 6.0? you guys are adorable.

look you think you're relevant to the war zone and important, how cute
Furious Purpose
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-05-30 21:16:50 UTC
Slave Blood.
Vordak Kallager
Wilderness
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
#38 - 2013-05-30 22:09:51 UTC
This has all the important elements to truly be a great W&T thread. Also, hi FeO and others. o/

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Chrisbox
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-05-30 23:24:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Chrisbox
The amarr epeen flexers on this thread surely realize they at times outnumbered us 10:1 right? Right??? Shocked Sounds like a real bragging right.

To everyone else, awesome thread/battles.
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#40 - 2013-05-31 02:39:14 UTC
Jidora wrote:
Templar Dane wrote:

We weren't sure if fweddit was going to come

I'm sorry, what?

space chikun wrote:
Templar Dane wrote:
We weren't sure if fweddit was going to come, so the plan was to keep up the pressure until the batphones went unanswered. We knew if we kept at it, all it would take is one single TZ with no resistance before Arzad would be dangerously close to being captured.

What?

yes. fweddit. after getting arzad up to 50% contested 3 seperate times during the siege. and repeated calls for back up, we had no idea when they were coming. IF they where coming

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Previous page123Next page