These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Ice "the Oil of Eve" War Creator

First post First post
Author
T'Laar Bok
#21 - 2013-05-30 11:32:59 UTC
The Dev blogs didn't go into enough details in regards to ice for my liking so I taking the "sit back and wait and see" approach until everything settles down again.

Amphetimines are your friend.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/T'Laar_Bok

John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Holdings
#22 - 2013-05-30 11:43:53 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
John Ratcliffe wrote:
Danni stark wrote:
...or, alternatively what edge are you giving people in player corps to offset the fact that they CAN be war decced?

20% less tax isn't enough?

Try 11%, that's the NPC corp tax rate.

I thought it was 20%, but whatever, the point stands.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Danni stark
#23 - 2013-05-30 12:05:36 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
Danni stark wrote:
...or, alternatively what edge are you giving people in player corps to offset the fact that they CAN be war decced?

20% less tax isn't enough?

sorry, when did mining become taxable?
pussnheels
Viziam
#24 - 2013-05-30 12:08:04 UTC  |  Edited by: pussnheels
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
pussnheels wrote:
i do not think it will be such a chaos
ice still will be available in high sec most smart ice miners will take the trouble to scan out their littlebelts and mine their ice relative safe
while the bots will all be found in the few systems that still have static icebelts will be a heaven for gankers

price might rise for a while but i do not think spectacular

i do look forward to the many whines of ice miners who never read the devblogs

They won't be safe from gankers because the gankers put more effort into their gameplay than the ice miners, they will follow the miners and make them explode, nothing will change in that respect. What may change is that we may end up with groups of ice miners willing to fight for "ownership" of a belt, or at least employ others who are willing to gank rival groups of miners.

It already happens in some small way, for example James and his merry band of suicidal pilots have both financial and material support from some miners and industrialists, they're good for business.

you have a point but i said the smart miners , those who watch what is happening around them and those we take precautions

it is a steep learning curve and some of them never bother to even start the climb , those the ones that will fall victim

i think they call it survival of the fittestst( or smartest one in this case)

edit
and why would they even bother to scan miners out iif there will be dozens of miners doing the afk thing in those few static icebelts
why put in effort while there are plenty of possible ganks next door

2nd edit and lets be honest james and his jolly brigade is more about making lots of funny noises on the forums than actually playing the game

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Danni stark
#25 - 2013-05-30 12:41:00 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Danni stark wrote:

i guess the skiff *might* see some use now, finally.

I doubt it.

erm, it's happening.
Jason Xado
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-05-30 12:47:20 UTC
What is all this talk about static ice belts and needing to "scan down" ice fields. Did I miss something?

As far as I know there are no static ice belts and ice anomalies are auto scanned by the new scanner to 100%.
ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#27 - 2013-05-30 12:59:10 UTC
OP:

Do not create more than one thread on a topic.

Do not cross post to several forums.

This thread is locked, please take your discussion over here.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12