These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

So many T2 BPO's for sale..could it be..

Author
Pirate Powers
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-05-28 18:55:21 UTC
could all these T2 BPO's be hitting the market because of the new invention items making T2 BPO's less useful / worthless?

http://neural-boost.com/odyssey

section 5.1

Optimized Occult Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Occult Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Optimized Esoteric Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Esoteric Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Optimized Incognito Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Incognito Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Optimized Cryptic Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Cryptic Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Im not adept in inventing so cant judge the impact of these new decryptors, anyone want to shed some light?
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#2 - 2013-05-28 18:57:57 UTC
It depends how often they drop.

At the moment, it seems the "Optimized" will be fairly low drop rate, which would make them pricey, so it doesnt seem that they would be used all the time for invention
Styth spiting
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-05-28 19:29:52 UTC
Unless some of the decryptors drop down to below 5M isk each they will continue to not be used in non-ship related invention. Anything more then that and they will not be cost effective in non-ship invention meaning any owner of T2 BPO's that are not ships will not notice much if any loss.
Pirate Powers
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-05-28 19:41:28 UTC
i hear you guys,,, but there must be a good reason some of the biggest names and collectors in eve are dropping their T2 BPO's

look at this guy: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=240171&find=unread

172 BPO's, trillions worth in an auction ending 2 days before Odyssey hits, ialso see Grendell and a few others dropping T2 BPO's.

i doubt they would be doing this if there wasn't something big coming

call it a hunch

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#5 - 2013-05-28 19:58:45 UTC
Grendell has been scaling back his eve time, his investments etc,

The guy with the list of BPOs has done that before in the past, with few of them actually getting sold.
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#6 - 2013-05-28 20:46:30 UTC
You should understand a few things, first of all T2 BPO holders know the market intimately, 2nd of all, they know all of the tricks to being a successful trader, when to sell high and when to buy low, when flooding accrues, that's a tip-off.
Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#7 - 2013-05-28 21:00:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Bugsy VanHalen
If a T2 BPO holder is looking to make isk manufacturing off it is not the best way. Collector hang onto them, and occasionally use them. But most T2 BPO's can be sold for far more than several years worth of profit manufacturing from them.

I have seen even the cheapest T2 BPO's sell for several billion isk. If you could sell a T2 BPO for 3 Billion isk, and it would take you 3-4 years manufacturing from it to make that same 3 billion isk profit, why not just sell it and get those 3-4 years worth of profit right now.

Of course there are players that use them, that would rather build the T2 items and be known as the place to go for that item. But nobody keeps them for the profits that can be made from them. As I said before, for most T2 BPO's it would take years for the profits to catch up to what they can be sold for.
Koj 'Jok
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-05-29 03:37:37 UTC
Of course it's not as though the BPO loses it's value after you buy it (although that value can change with game changes). You are making profit off what you buy while holding onto a valuable asset. Manufacture as much as you want then see if you can sell the BPO for a profit.

Seems to me that T2 BPOs have a large inflation factor, since the longer Eve is around the more cash is out there, and the more people are willing to spend to be an owner of such a rare item. Unless of course CCP buffs invention a bunch or messes with them in some other way.
Black Madness
Natural Born Builders
New Eden Gambling Alliance
#9 - 2013-05-29 06:32:27 UTC
In Eve there has always been an elite of players able to:

1. read market movements before than others
2. access important information before than others

Imho.
Samroski
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-05-29 07:28:31 UTC
Invention has been nerfed in odyssey, and thus T2 BPOs have got an indirect buff. The margins will be better when producing off BPOs. Just this perception is likely to increase the demand of T2 BPOs. To note: the value of T2 BPOs is not dependent on the production profits.

The new items mentioned in the OP will not effect T2 BPOs in any way. BPOs for these items will never exist.

Any colour you like.

Transport Sheep
CoonQuest
#11 - 2013-05-29 07:29:55 UTC
Koj 'Jok wrote:
Of course it's not as though the BPO loses it's value after you buy it (although that value can change with game changes). You are making profit off what you buy while holding onto a valuable asset. Manufacture as much as you want then see if you can sell the BPO for a profit.

Seems to me that T2 BPOs have a large inflation factor, since the longer Eve is around the more cash is out there, and the more people are willing to spend to be an owner of such a rare item. Unless of course CCP buffs invention a bunch or messes with them in some other way.

Indeed most of the BPO's do not lose their value.
The question is not the value though its: Could I have used the isk invested in the T2 BPO for more profit than I am getting from the BPO.

The answer is almost always Yes!
T2 BPO's are not the best investment. The oppertunity cost of buying a T2 BPO is pretty steep.
To be clear though not everyone wants a T2 BPO to make isk.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-05-29 22:56:59 UTC
... fears the shadow of the dreaded Nerfbat as it darkens the skies....

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Andres Talas
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#13 - 2013-05-30 00:00:08 UTC
Styth spiting wrote:
Unless some of the decryptors drop down to below 5M isk each they will continue to not be used in non-ship related invention. Anything more then that and they will not be cost effective in non-ship invention meaning any owner of T2 BPO's that are not ships will not notice much if any loss.

I suspect we will see a lot of people doing exploring - they'll see the site as they fly around in space and go 'oooh'.

It wouldnt amaze me if the decryptors fell lower than that.
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#14 - 2013-05-30 00:06:22 UTC
T2 BPOs prices have been crazy since forever, so if the changes in profit is the argument the owners should have sold ages ago..

I think most T2 BPOs already had ROI of more than 10 years..

Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#15 - 2013-05-30 03:04:33 UTC
The payback period for most T2 BPOs have reached very high levels.

It would be advantageous to sell T2 BPOs at current prices as the capital gained can be deployed elsewhere for a greater return compared to holding/using them.

The probability that the payback period will continue to increase would be less likely than a mechanic change that will lower profitability of T2 BPOs in the next decade.
Lara Dantreb
Reisende des Schwarzschild Grenze
#16 - 2013-05-30 12:31:13 UTC
Pirate Powers wrote:
i hear you guys,,, but there must be a good reason some of the biggest names and collectors in eve are dropping their T2 BPO's

look at this guy: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=240171&find=unread

172 BPO's, trillions worth in an auction ending 2 days before Odyssey hits, ialso see Grendell and a few others dropping T2 BPO's.

i doubt they would be doing this if there wasn't something big coming

call it a hunch

Well imo, it's just the owner who likes to brag with that kind of stuff... not many are for sale for real, I would not even care about making an offer Blink

---   Buying T2 ship bpos since 2005  ---

0Lona 0ltor
Adeptio Gloriae
#17 - 2013-05-30 12:34:36 UTC
Black Madness wrote:

Imho.

Let me fix this for you...

1. read market movements before than others via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
2. access important information before than others via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
3. Get reinbursements on losses more than others via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
4. Get given preuimn content such as T2BPO's via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
Lara Dantreb
Reisende des Schwarzschild Grenze
#18 - 2013-05-30 12:45:29 UTC
Pirate Powers wrote:
could all these T2 BPO's be hitting the market because of the new invention items making T2 BPO's less useful / worthless?

http://neural-boost.com/odyssey

section 5.1

Optimized Occult Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Occult Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Optimized Esoteric Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Esoteric Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Optimized Incognito Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Incognito Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Optimized Cryptic Attainment (NEW): Probability +90% / Max. Run +2 / ME +1 / PE -1
Optimized Cryptic Augmentation (NEW): Probability -10% / Max. Run +7 / ME +2

Im not adept in inventing so cant judge the impact of these new decryptors, anyone want to shed some light?

Speaking about ship invention (my part), these new decryptors are not so great : Final ME levels are ME-3 (probability 90%) and ME-2 (-10%).

I attained best results (read profit) in ship invention using ME-1 and ME-3 decryptors. (depends on the part of the "expansive components" such as microprocessors and capacitor units).

Maybe the prices of the actual ME-3 decryptors will be hurted by the new decryptors, but T2ship bpos, certainly not. (most of T2 cruiser bpos produce ships for a price cost under 90 Mil atm, most of time around 80 Mil)

---   Buying T2 ship bpos since 2005  ---

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#19 - 2013-05-30 19:36:07 UTC
0Lona 0ltor wrote:
Black Madness wrote:

Imho.

Let me fix this for you...

1. read market movements before than others via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
2. access important information before than others via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
3. Get reinbursements on losses more than others via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's
4. Get given preuimn content such as T2BPO's via unfair connections with CCP Devs & GM's

You must mean the secret dev blog. The secret twitch streams, the closed gatherings, the magic of tweets and general eve-o forums, including the overpowered access to Chribbas exclusive eve-search?

Andres Talas
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#20 - 2013-05-30 21:50:44 UTC
Caleb Ayrania wrote:

You must mean the secret dev blog. The secret twitch streams, the closed gatherings, the magic of tweets and general eve-o forums, including the overpowered access to Chribbas exclusive eve-search?

The Veldspar was a front. It all makes sense now - the veldspar was a front for large scale market manipulation, based on his secret access to *searchable* eve forums.

Incredible.

Is Chribba actually James315 ?
123Next page