These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Carriers: From 20 days to 65 days

Author
Diaphenes
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-05-29 18:48:21 UTC
Right now it will take me 20 days to get in a Thanatos. After Odyssey it will take me 65 days. I'm a wormholer and I don't need to jump anywhere. Great news everyone! We're lowering the required level for ship progression to 3 for the next tier! Oh but here train all these other skills instead that will triple the time it takes! Why was this a good idea? I get that I'll be a better carrier pilot once I get in it, but as a wormholer, Jump drive anything is relatively meaningless.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-05-29 19:00:04 UTC
inject carriers before the patch, then you will be fine.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Diaphenes
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-05-29 19:06:02 UTC
You didn't read the post did you. If I had 20 days then fine, I have less than a week
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-05-29 19:09:08 UTC
Diaphenes wrote:
You didn't read the post did you. If I had 20 days then fine, I have less than a week

Posted: 2013.02.07 13:01
This is when the skill change was announced, that gave you 3 months.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Unkind Omen
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-05-29 19:11:16 UTC
The changes were anounce along ago. You had your time to modify the training queue. Having BS 5 is just as useless in WH as having all this jump skills so baically you were not supposed to lose anything.
Diaphenes
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-05-29 19:15:21 UTC
Unkind Omen wrote:
The changes were anounce along ago. You had your time to modify the training queue. Having BS 5 is just as useless in WH as having all this jump skills so baically you were not supposed to lose anything.

This makes no sense. I didn't lose anything, I just now can't fly a capital for an extra month.
xttz
GSF Logistics and Posting Reserves
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-05-29 19:49:32 UTC
Diaphenes wrote:
Unkind Omen wrote:

This makes no sense. I didn't lose anything, I just now can't fly a capital for an extra month.

Which part makes no sense? The part where you got 3 month warning, or the part where you whine about it with a week to go?
xttz
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2013-05-29 19:50:02 UTC
xttz wrote:
Diaphenes wrote:
Unkind Omen wrote:

Which part makes no sense? The part where you got 3 month warning, or the part where you whine about it with a week to go?

Hey did you notice that he's whining about it in the wrong forum?
xttz
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2013-05-29 19:50:21 UTC
xttz wrote:
xttz wrote:
Diaphenes wrote:
Unkind Omen wrote:

Hey did you notice that he's whining about it in the wrong forum?

Well spotted! Thanks, me!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-05-29 20:31:44 UTC
Just because you're using the ship differently from how it's intended doesn't mean you're entitled to a waiver of its skill requirements.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#11 - 2013-05-29 22:03:02 UTC
I will not be using a titan for.. well.. anything except maybe warping around from planet to planet.

I insist on waiving all skills required to doing anything other than that.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#12 - 2013-05-29 22:17:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Roime
OP I was in the same boat as you, BS V and no need for the jump skills, but really man the only sensible thing to do was to inject the skills before the patch.

culo duro
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-05-30 07:02:35 UTC
This is just hilarious...

The chance that you're going to use the jump skills over having BS 5 is so much more likely...
Also you're only looking at it one way.
"Oh i'll need 65 days to train to a carrier" yeah however it'll take you next to no time if you want to cross train...

Stop bitching about it lol

I've starting blogging http://www.epvpc.blogspot.com 

Drachiel
Mercury LLC
#14 - 2013-05-30 09:46:45 UTC
Unkind Omen wrote:

BS 5 is useless in wormholes?

Vindicators and Bhaalgorns want a word with you, out back and preferably with your belt loosened.
Robert Harrison
Ronin Interstellar Industries
Weapons Of Mass Production.
#15 - 2013-05-30 11:29:42 UTC
Wormholer checking in... right now I'm 36 days from flying my archon... after the patch I'll be 1 hour. Months to plan ahead make a difference.

The jump skills are only useless if your building a thanny in a c4 or smaller and don't plan to have to ever have to move it around k-space. In which case you may as well sd it.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#16 - 2013-05-30 11:58:46 UTC
Is it really a surprise? Having the only real means of movement actually be a requirement to use said ship?

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

iskflakes
#17 - 2013-05-30 12:51:31 UTC
I have the same problem with one of my titan holders. It won't be able to inject the titan book before the patch, and the new titan requirements include JDO V/astro V which adds 40 days.

However, I'm not going to complain about it. There was _plenty_ of time to prepare for this, months/years at least. I've got 6 characters skilled up for the destroyer/BC changes, the titan holder only missed the deadline because it was bought too recently.

The jump skills are a de facto requirement for carriers anyway, so now they've replaced battleship V the overall training time to become a useful carrier pilot is reduced.

Stop complaining, you have only yourself to blame.

-

Durzel
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#18 - 2013-05-30 14:29:51 UTC
Diaphenes wrote:
Unkind Omen wrote:

And you probably shouldn't for some time after that. Being able to sit in a capital =/= being able to fly it effectively.
Nikki Vix
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#19 - 2013-05-30 18:29:44 UTC
Diaphenes wrote:
Right now it will take me 20 days to get in a Thanatos. After Odyssey it will take me 65 days. I'm a wormholer and I don't need to jump anywhere. Great news everyone! We're lowering the required level for ship progression to 3 for the next tier! Oh but here train all these other skills instead that will triple the time it takes! Why was this a good idea? I get that I'll be a better carrier pilot once I get in it, but as a wormholer, Jump drive anything is relatively meaningless.

bro, read some devlogs from time to time

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/

Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2013-06-01 07:27:08 UTC
Doesn't matter if you had 3 months or even more to get ready, any plans you had previous for skill training will be foiled..
All I needed for a sleipner was minni cruiser 5, 17 days training, not I have to put in 44 days training. Its just another way for CCP to make more money....

Anyone know when the full set of skill changes will be on the test server? I can fly a nighthawk on TQ, but on the test server I can't as it says I am short all the new skills, I have been given all the racial BC to 5, so some of it is already in place.
12Next page