These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

data interface?

Author
Praxis Ginimic
Best Kept Frozen.
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#1 - 2013-05-29 16:24:12 UTC
Last night, sadly out of isk & a little low on rl cash, I decided to bite the bullet and do a bit of pve. One of the drops where an occult tuner data interface blueprint. I don't really know what it is but I gather that it is used in invention for t2 rigs.

As interfaces aren't consumed in the process of invention do these things actually sell? Would it be worth it to train a couple levels of rig building or whatever and sell the interfaces?

I realize how dumb I sound but in this arena I really am quite ignorant. Please fill me in on whatever pertinent info I may need to make the best of this drop.

Thank you
Alberik
Eusebius Corporation
#2 - 2013-05-29 16:39:51 UTC
occult data tuner interface sell .. but low prices and low volumes. as you noticed they are not consumed, so most inventers only need one and only if they invent t2 amarr rigs - so even lower volumes.

t2 rigs are beasts .. they have sometimes extreme good margins but mostly very low trading rates so it can take month to get your investment back.

i dont think there is much money to be made with your find ..
voetius
Grundrisse
#3 - 2013-05-29 17:09:34 UTC

I had a bunch of these lying around that I build on my manufacturing alt while I was dabbling (still am TBH) with Industry.

As Alberik says, volume is low, even in Jita and can fluctuate quite alot, sometimes only a few get sold per day, other times, not that often someone will buy dozens. Whether to use themselves or to resell I don't know.

build cost is ~300k, sell 1.4 - 1.8 mill in Jita.

They sell well on contracts if you price them right, look at the numner of runs and multiply by ~500k or so, you might do better but I prefer quick sells at a reasonable price rather than slow sells at a gouging price Smile

The Ship Interface is a better find, build cost ~300k, sell 18 - 21m. Occult Data is about the same as the Occult Tuner.

Also, if you look at the info you'll see it it has a 15 hour build time so it's not that profitable to make in terms of profit per manufacturing slot per hour. I build all the bpcs that I had just because I wanted to try a bit of everything and see what worked.