These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wormhole Failblog Edition

Author
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#601 - 2013-05-13 07:29:00 UTC
Again not a massive fail, but a similar one. Sitting off a hole, scanning away looking at dscan every so often, and suddenly my shield warning is yammering away, and then I'm in hull. Either I drifted too close to the hole, or more likely the loki landed right on top of me, decloaking me. Either way it was nasty and short.

Lesson - when solo-scanning stuff, don't sit right by WHs.

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#602 - 2013-05-13 08:33:46 UTC
Josilin du Guesclin wrote:
Lesson - when solo-scanning stuff, don't sit right by WHs.

I personally back off to 99km in a random direction...as far as I can get away while still being able to "look at" the connection and watch it.

http://www.wormholes.info

Wookie Slave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#603 - 2013-05-15 15:09:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Wookie Slave
Our CEO had been hauling in some skillbooks for people when a hostile corps connected to us.

Without thinking, he jumped through to take a look at them, etc. because he was our main hostile scouter.

Gets trapped inside, a long game of cat and mouse later... "Oops, I still had those capital books with me"

We laughed :D

Another one:

We were facing off against someone. Hole ends up critical, they decide they're going for it anyways.

A single zealot makes it way through before the hole collapses.

Props for fighting, lol though.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#604 - 2013-05-15 19:38:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
We were in a C1 (this is important). I don up the new Prophecy and fit it to about 110,000 ehp ( double plate Plate, Reactive Armor Hardener, Triple EAMN's, etc). It was literally a Mega Tank ship, solely for drawing fire (bait). I built it to within mass of the c1 wormhole limit (thing was 19,500,000, just small enough to fit). We form up a small fleet because there are a few guys at a highsec exit and wanted to have some fun. I land at 0 on the hole, blam, they open fire. Shields evaporate in about 4 seconds. Rest of gang lands.

They hit my armor for about 6 seconds and the bar doesn't move. They warp a few more in, continue to blap me and others. I'm flying around in my brick, I decide to orbit at 2500 with the microwarp drive on. EItherway, enemy fleet drives us into highsec and start chewing through my armor at a alarming rate. I MWD to hole, try to exit at a little under 1/4th armor...

Ship is too big. The mass of my prophecy was fully armored was 19,500,000 (I did that specifically as I jumped it into the c1). I mentally said I didn't over-mass it by double plating.

Wait.. the Microwarp Drive.... :-/. C1 mass limits 20 million, the Microwarp when active adds another 5 million.. 24.5 mil...

and I just cycled it again....

Boom goes the prophecy.

Clone jumps out safely :-P

I make mental note to never micro-warp drive or afterburner in a C1.

Yaay!!!!

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#605 - 2013-05-15 21:53:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalel Nimrott
If you only offlined your plates....

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

WNxWolfy
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#606 - 2013-05-15 23:57:13 UTC
We were just exploring the chain from our static C5 and ran into a C4 with a number of POSes and some ships outside. D-scan came up one force field short. I look about for a bit as a corp member tells me "it's probably empty, don't bother"
Find the offline POS, it still has 2 CHAs, a SMA and a reaction chain set up. So I go back to our home WH, switch out to my cynabal with a buddy in a stealth bomber and we start killing the mods. Roughly 10 minutes later we have over 1b worth of goodies sitting in cargo containers at the enemy POS

Today was a good day
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#607 - 2013-05-17 13:43:18 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
If you only offlined ypur plates....

(Had passive Modules hidden Straight I was full of fail that day Bear

Yaay!!!!

Infinite Force
#608 - 2013-05-17 19:54:58 UTC
I have enjoyed these. So, it's time to add one of my own.

We had a k162 Null connected from our hole yesterday (5/16/2013). After getting home from work, I logged in and start sig checking. Null sig wasn't there anymore.

As I start to delete the old bookmark, I decided to double-check. Why? Something just didn't feel right.

So, I warp a bit off the bookmark. As I'm landing on grid, I see a carrier wreck on the overview. All I could say was .. wait .. This can't be right?

Turns out, the null-sec alliance had tried to close the hole and got their carrier pilot stuck in our hole. The pilot SD'd the ship and pod on the hole.

I ended up scooping 80k m3 (~550M) in modules & drones. Wreck yielded no salvage. :(

The corpse is in the Corp hangar, for now.

Too bad I wasn't on a little sooner.

HROLT CEO Live Free; Die Proud

http://tinyurl.com/95zmyzw - The only way to go!

JigglyPoof
Industrial Mining and Mayhem
Sigma Grindset
#609 - 2013-05-27 21:11:51 UTC
I used to live in a high traffice C3>HS WH. I would frequently get Null Sec and Low sec holes which impeded my solo operation. So I would do like any other good WHoler and collapse them. After all those were some of the easiest ones to collapse. If I remember correctly it was 2 BS with the afterburner on back and forth and then jump with an orca back and forth. Anyways, I did my usual turn with a pair of ravens on a null sec hole, and the null system was vacant. I then proceeded to bring out the Orca for the finally so I could get to some ratting. The Orca jumped out and the hole closed behind me. WOW! I guess that 10% variance really kicked in for that hole. So now I was stuck in null with an orca to make the 22 jumps back to HS. At the time I was in Solar Fleet territory and I was sure that I was going to lose my Orca but I decided to try and at least get my pod back to HS. the first several systems were barren which is typical of null sec. I then came across a system with 20 pilots. I thought to myself well here it goes the Orca, but from one gate to the next there was no gate camp. I then came across a couple of frigs but they left me alone!!!! Then I finally reached PL space (didn't know they held SOV, but ok) and sure enough they were in local but the ORCA slipped by! Then I got into low sec and wondered if I should just sell the orca on the local market but at this point I wanted to see if I could make it. I met a couple of stealth bombers on a gate (they wouldn't attack due to gate guns, but surely thought they would sound the horn that an Orca was moving through low sec. But no. I made it all the way back to HS and back into my hole. I really couldn't believe it.

Supreme Commander of the Jigglys

Anyanka Funk
Doomheim
#610 - 2013-05-28 02:13:24 UTC
JigglyPoof wrote:
I used to live in a high traffice C3>HS WH. I would frequently get Null Sec and Low sec holes which impeded my solo operation. So I would do like any other good WHoler and collapse them. After all those were some of the easiest ones to collapse. If I remember correctly it was 2 BS with the afterburner on back and forth and then jump with an orca back and forth. Anyways, I did my usual turn with a pair of ravens on a null sec hole, and the null system was vacant. I then proceeded to bring out the Orca for the finally so I could get to some ratting. The Orca jumped out and the hole closed behind me. WOW! I guess that 10% variance really kicked in for that hole. So now I was stuck in null with an orca to make the 22 jumps back to HS. At the time I was in Solar Fleet territory and I was sure that I was going to lose my Orca but I decided to try and at least get my pod back to HS. the first several systems were barren which is typical of null sec. I then came across a system with 20 pilots. I thought to myself well here it goes the Orca, but from one gate to the next there was no gate camp. I then came across a couple of frigs but they left me alone!!!! Then I finally reached PL space (didn't know they held SOV, but ok) and sure enough they were in local but the ORCA slipped by! Then I got into low sec and wondered if I should just sell the orca on the local market but at this point I wanted to see if I could make it. I met a couple of stealth bombers on a gate (they wouldn't attack due to gate guns, but surely thought they would sound the horn that an Orca was moving through low sec. But no. I made it all the way back to HS and back into my hole. I really couldn't believe it.

That's why you keep a scanning ship in your hole-wrecker.
Marsan
#611 - 2013-05-28 03:14:43 UTC
No that's why you have a cloak, probes, and an afterburner on such an Orca.

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#612 - 2013-05-28 05:28:53 UTC
Marsan wrote:
No that's why you have a cloak, probes, and an afterburner on such an Orca.

If you're using an afterburner, you're doing it wrong. Microwarp drive gives you a 10 second align time.
Tashima
Clandestine Services
#613 - 2013-05-28 08:41:57 UTC
JigglyPoof wrote:
Orca-story...

Haha, that's pretty Epic.

I would have scanned myself out of null, but this made for a better story for sure. Recently I have come to believe that it's when we mess up the real content and adventure is generated.

Not long ago I managed to get 2 Orcas and a cov ops "stuck" on the wrong side of a collapsing C2->C4. The C4 in question had a static C5 and no incoming, so we ended up in Null with both Orcas.

If we had not messed up, we would not have been able to generate this on our way back home tho, so as with the story about the null-sec roaming Orca - in the end everything good. Cool
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#614 - 2013-05-28 19:52:06 UTC
Tashima wrote:
JigglyPoof wrote:
Orca-story...

I would have scanned myself out of null, but this made for a better story for sure. Recently I have come to believe that it's when we mess up the real content and adventure is generated.

Not long ago I managed to get 2 Orcas and a cov ops "stuck" on the wrong side of a collapsing C2->C4. The C4 in question had a static C5 and no incoming, so we ended up in Null with both Orcas.

If we had not messed up, we would not have been able to generate this on our way back home tho, so as with the story about the null-sec roaming Orca - in the end everything good. Cool

And the damn Orca did the most damageBig smile

Yaay!!!!

SpiderPig 96
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#615 - 2013-05-29 02:30:03 UTC
No particular order...

1) Orca POS bowling.... nuff said...

2) Nathan Jameson paying 43 bil to siege us out of a C2.Sad

3) Black Hole ATE THE POS!!! Shocked
http://griefwatch.static.eve-kb.com/gallery/1dea03d3b53cd5a0ede1e5d8b9efb91b.jpg

4) Daredevil running a C4 combat site.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#616 - 2013-05-29 02:50:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Derath Ellecon
Wookie Slave wrote:
Our CEO had been hauling in some skillbooks for people when a hostile corps connected to us.

Without thinking, he jumped through to take a look at them, etc. because he was our main hostile scouter.

Gets trapped inside, a long game of cat and mouse later... "Oops, I still had those capital books with me"

We laughed :D

Another one:

We were facing off against someone. Hole ends up critical, they decide they're going for it anyways.

A single zealot makes it way through before the hole collapses.

Props for fighting, lol though.

Did it look like this?

Granted no high value skillbooks. And honestly most were crap. But I had finally put them all in one place.
Miss Manufacturing
The Hells Bells Club
#617 - 2013-05-29 10:55:30 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Tashima wrote:
JigglyPoof wrote:
Orca-story...

And the damn Orca did the most damageBig smile

2nd part of the fail on our part was that I was in the second Orca (not mine) and hadn't checked that there were no drones onboard. Otherwise I would have done 2nd highest damage too Shocked

Battle Orca FTW!
c'dus
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#618 - 2013-05-30 08:44:53 UTC
Tashimat and Orcas, you never learn. Blink
Hansy Babes
ColonThinkingColon
Arrival.
#619 - 2013-05-31 14:48:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Hansy Babes
Failed ransom attempt;

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=18011829

So I wake up one early afternoon to find my skype chat reading "Guys, anyone who can get online needs to be online now", "Rev is hitting Indy POS right now". We aren't a large wh corp and we mainly use our c5 - c3 static non-bonused wh to farm so that we can pvp in Kspace, with some random smaller engagements in w-space if the opportunity presents itself. Considering this was the first time that someone had decided to take a dread and seige our pos we were a little concerned to say the least, fears of 50 man t3 fleets and a large enemy cap fleet brought in over time and logged off in our wh were running through my head.

As I logged on I got invited to a chat with the guy doing the ransoming who demanded a neat 3 billion for them to leave. I did the natural thing and had a look at there killboards, less than 100 kills in the month and 28% efficiency over all as an alliance, I started thinking maybe these guys are just bad or maybe a front alliance? alts of a larger wh entity?. At this point the alliance had about 12~ people coming in from our low sec staging system in T3's a HIC and some of our own cap capable pilots including myself. Our friends at Boris Johnsons Love Children (boriz) also had a 15~ man t3 gang coming seeing as there wh exit was only 4 jumps away from our enterance.

We sat in our static waiting for someone in a recon to go get a point on the rev when one of the enemy falcons jumped into us (they didn't have eyes on us until then). The handful of dictors and the BS that had been attacking the pos with the rev buggered off and for some unknown reason the dread decided that now was the ideal time to seige up, much to our delight. We shipped up into our dreads and triage archon and started warping to the tackled rev, with the boriz fleet 4 jumps out. 4 dreads > 1 dread and so it died but when it was at about 20% armor our would be evictors warped in 8 or so t3s with 2 guardians (apparently 4 had been on scan at somepoint but only 2 landed). This confused us considering we matched them in sub caps even without the friendly boriz fleet and we had a triage archon and 4 dreads. Regardless they landed and we started blapping them, random things warped in and straight out during the fight like a guardian, and a damnation, the falcon was at 30km during the entire fight, one of the proteus had clicked approach on the archon and sat at 0 next to it making it blissfully easy to track etc. all tell tail signs of dissorganisation and general bad.

Unforuntaly we cleaned them up before the boriz fleet could even arrive and a nice 10bil in kills was netted. I guess these guys try and ransom random carebears on a regular basis? v0v pretty fail overall.
Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#620 - 2013-05-31 15:21:24 UTC
Got to love the name of their corporation too, in light of this ;)