These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Swapping Clones in same station

Author
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-28 16:10:28 UTC
I know there were problems in the past and you still cannot store two jump clones in the same station.

However, I'm hoping this bit has been fixed by now:- If you have a jump clone in the same station that you are located at. Is it possible to jump from one to the other without destroying the implants of either? ie simply swap your current clone in the same location.
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#2 - 2013-05-28 16:34:26 UTC
No, you need to be in two different stations in order to go from one jump clone to another without destroying one of them.
Zippy Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-05-28 16:36:27 UTC
No i do not think so, afaik you should be in a different station, i would do a couple of systems over tho just to be safe or maybe alteast next system.

Hope this helps.

Zip
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-05-28 16:53:53 UTC
Thankyou Nightcrawler.

Zip - there is no issue with going from one station to another in the same system.
Zippy Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-05-28 16:55:17 UTC
Well i was unsure now i know :) so yh i just didnt want to test it out. Lol
Thomas Builder
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-05-28 17:30:59 UTC
NightCrawler 85 wrote:
No, you need to be in two different stations in order to go from one jump clone to another without destroying one of them.
You sure about that?

I am fairly certain that it's possible to swap to a clone in the same station now. (But don't bet your 1 billion implants on that.)
However, if you have a jump clone in your current station and jump to a different jump clone, then one clone will be lost, as it would create two jump clones in the same station.

To be tested...
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#7 - 2013-05-28 17:41:17 UTC
Thomas Builder wrote:
NightCrawler 85 wrote:
You sure about that?

I am fairly certain that it's possible to swap to a clone in the same station now. (But don't bet your 1 billion implants on that.)
However, if you have a jump clone in your current station and jump to a different jump clone, then one clone will be lost, as it would create two jump clones in the same station.

To be tested...

If its different its a change im not aware off, but its something that someone could test on the test server to make 100% sure since im not willing to test it with my implants Lol
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#8 - 2013-05-28 17:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
To clarify,

You _can_ have a medical clone and a jumpclone in the same station. This wasn't always possible in the past [I'll try to find a link for it.]

I've never tried to jump to a clone while in the station with a jump clone, but that apparently was fixed in Trinity 1.0.1

Patch Notes for Trinity 1.0.1 wrote:
Skills and Implants
* A rare case where a jump clone would lose its implants after a jump has been resolved in a hotfix earlier.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-trinity-1.0.1-1

Patch notes for Empyrean Age 1.1 wrote:
Miscellaneous
* Jump cloning to a clone in the same station in which you are currently docked will now be possible due an improvement in the Jump Clone mechanism. The new change means that implants will no longer be destroyed.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-empyrean-age-1.1-1
Oraac Ensor
#9 - 2013-05-28 17:45:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
Thomas Builder wrote:
NightCrawler 85 wrote:
You sure about that?

To be tested...

I'm absolutely certain that this is not possible.

The two scenarios in your post are actually one and the same. The only clone you have which is not a jump clone is the medical clone in the vat at your home station.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2013-05-28 17:59:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Oraac Ensor wrote:

Apparently you are wrong. See the patch note links I posted above.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-05-28 18:58:11 UTC
Major Trant wrote:
I know there were problems in the past and you still cannot store two jump clones in the same station.

However, I'm hoping this bit has been fixed by now:- If you have a jump clone in the same station that you are located at. Is it possible to jump from one to the other without destroying the implants of either? ie simply swap your current clone in the same location.

YES..

I have done the same in the past.

You can only have ONE clone in STORAGE at the station, your active clone is NOT classed as a jumpclone.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Oraac Ensor
#12 - 2013-05-28 19:10:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:

Apparently you are wrong. See the patch note links I posted above.

I see nothing in those notes that says I'm wrong.
Oraac Ensor
#13 - 2013-05-28 19:11:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
J'Poll wrote:
Major Trant wrote:

YES..

I have done the same in the past.

You can only have ONE clone in STORAGE at the station, your active clone is NOT classed as a jumpclone.

I'm pretty sure it is and that if you jump to the other clone the one you jump from will be destroyed.
Thomas Builder
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-05-28 19:22:35 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
The two scenarios in your post are actually one and the same. The only clone you have which is not a jump clone is the medical clone in the vat at your home station.
There is definitely a difference between your active clone and a jump clone in storage. Whether or not you chose "jump clone" to only mean jump clones in storage or also your active clone is a question of vocabulary when talking about them - for the game these two things are different.

You can definitely have your active clone and a jump clone in storage in the same station.

You cannot have two jump clones in storage at the same station. (Which would happen if you jump to a different station, leaving your previously active clone behind and thus creating a second jump clone in storage.)

As for the question of the swap - did you even read the second patch note Tau quoted? It specifically states that, since Empyrean 1.1, it is possible to swap clones in the same station.
Oraac Ensor
#15 - 2013-05-28 19:47:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
Thomas Builder wrote:
As for the question of the swap - did you even read the second patch note Tau quoted? It specifically states that, since Empyrean 1.1, it is possible to swap clones in the same station.

My mistake - I'm a dunce.

[Edit] That change was about five years ago, so it's about time that Evelopedia page was corrected, or at least flagged as out of date. I've been studiously avoiding situations where I might want to swap clones in the same station as I thought it was a definite no-no.
Marc Callan
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-05-28 20:15:36 UTC
Here's how it works, best I can tell:

If you're docked up, and you've got a jump clone in storage at that station, then the only jump you can make without destroying that clone is to jump into that clone in the same station. Jump anywhere else, and they'll have to flush the clone you've already got in storage to make room for the one you're leaving behind.

Or put it another way: in any station, you have storage space for no more than one jump clone.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt