These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Odyssey - auto probe recall is for softies

First post
Author
Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#21 - 2013-05-28 13:36:13 UTC
Eugene Kerner wrote:
Auto probe recall is shittttt!

Better yet it's bullshit. I guess the flood of Dust trials don't like loosing probes and don't want to find the reconnect button to get them back?
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-05-28 13:43:10 UTC
"Dummies" make me rich... 'nuf said.

P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#23 - 2013-05-28 13:43:54 UTC
Freakdevil wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
10 / 10

EVE does not need this much easy mode.

+1 Override feature needs to be added.

Seriously doubt this was a nanny feature per se. I wonder if the reconnect feature was a bit too good so this was a stealth nerf to that.

You may have a point there, maybe there is more to this than just easymode for new probers Evil
Zen Dad
Solitary Sad Bastard In Space
#24 - 2013-05-28 15:45:05 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
This is what happens when people keep asking for more and more advantages and "easy stuff" in a game, eventually developers just say "screw it, we know they want this kind of thing so lets do it".

Hey Jenn

We agree about something. ! Lets meet up. X
Castor II
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2013-05-28 15:48:58 UTC
This game has had usability issues for so long that people are mistaking tedium for challenge Roll
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
Quantum Cafe
#26 - 2013-05-28 16:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: BoBoZoBo
Zen Dad wrote:
CoolIf i don't wail about the new hacking mini game anymore , can the Dev who decided to make all scanner probes automatically retract on entering station or leaving system please provide an override button?

1. Forgetting your probes is like forgetting your ammo, a vital module or turning up at your delivery station with an empty cargo hold -you slap your forehead and feel rightly humbled by your own stupidity. No need to nanny new players - just train forehead slapping to level V as usual

2. Leaving probes out whilst you change ships or systems can be a neat tactic when hunting under certain conditions. Auto probe recall will nerf some more solo PVP opportunities. Not going into more detail

This feature is nannying and nerfing - at least design in an override button please .

Agreed - this feature is anti-eve.

I am all for making this less tedious, but eve is starting to warn everyone about everything and now it's not even a warning, its an automated action you have no way to get around.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#27 - 2013-05-28 16:48:43 UTC
Castor II wrote:
This game has had usability issues for so long that people are mistaking tedium for challenge Roll

That's simply not true at all, in fact that's simply a weak dodge.

The issue here is that, more and more, CCP is automating the game to the point where people can't make mistakes (like jumping into low sec of jump out of a system without losing the probes you forgot to recall).

Little by little , CCP is cocooning players of what is supposed to be a "cold, harsh" game into big cotton straight jackets. Probably in the silly belief that increase accessibility with increase player retention.

I think they are wrong. I think games like EVE have to eventually make a choice between the weak-sauce masses that would quit a game that had no "safeties" (and let a guy die in a fire because he was stupid and jumped into low sec) and the hard core ...well. CORE type players that would see these "tedious" things as CHALLENGES to be overcome.

Eventually all this coddling (which EVE has survived without for ten years) is going to provoke unintended consequences that the guys at CCP (and it's stakeholders) aren't going to care for. When you take away a players ability to make mistakes, you take away his need to innovate solutions too, and those innovative solutions to in-game problems and mistakes are at the core of the emergent gameplay that makes EVE special.

CCP is slowly and unwittingly turning EVE into...every other MMO on the market.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#28 - 2013-05-28 16:54:20 UTC
I support #2 from the OP if anything.

I don't care about this silly perception that things are being made too easy.

The Drake is a Lie

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-05-28 17:19:56 UTC
Wasn't even aware of this feature until now.

+1
EvE is the one game that should not get dumbed down. If you're absent-minded enough to forget your probes, you should deal with the consequences.

CCP, stop spoiling us. Please remember most EvE players are not 12.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-05-28 17:23:43 UTC
most eve players aren't autism spectrum disorder sufferers either though.

i think.

forums.  serious business.

Lexmana
#31 - 2013-05-28 17:42:43 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

i think.

You think?
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-05-28 17:47:04 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

i think.

You think?

the thought only crossed my mind 16 times in the last 3 lunar cycles.

forums.  serious business.

Darth Kilth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-05-28 17:55:24 UTC
I bet the OP is also complaing that Tengu's can no longer enter low level DED complexes.
It's horrible that Newbies get a bit more of a chance and some help right?
Raven Solaris
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-05-28 18:01:41 UTC
Darth Kilth wrote:
I bet the OP is also complaing that Tengu's can no longer enter low level DED complexes.

Do you propose drones magically teleporting back into your drone bay if you leave them behind too?

Because that's exactly what this is.
GreenSeed
#35 - 2013-05-28 18:09:16 UTC
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
10 / 10

EVE does not need this much easy mode.

are you serious? auto recalling probes makes the game "easy"?

you are weird.

Jack Miton wrote:
+1
It's also terrible in WHs where people will often leave probes out to check where a WH goes and then reconnect when they jump back.

see, this is a good point. instead of claiming that the game is now somehow "easier" miton is pointing out a loss of functionality due to this change.

same thing happened with the probe changes, people complained that the game was being made somehow "easier" and among all the tears a very real complaint about how now Combat probes couldn't be split into two groups of 4 to watch 2 gates got buried. What?
Mara Villoso
Long Jump.
#36 - 2013-05-28 18:13:26 UTC
Zen Dad wrote:
waaaah. In the old days life was hard, so it should be hard for everyone, forever. We should also get rid of warp to zero. We should go back to courier contracts that only hold 120k m3. I once got DD'd with the old style AoE, bring that back too. Horses. Definitely bring back horses. And buggies. Also, telegraphs. We should all play EVE via telegraph. Waaah, change and progress make me cranky and confused.

Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#37 - 2013-05-28 18:28:37 UTC
Guess HTFU it doesn't apply anymore for CCP and their quite frankly less than impressive ceo.
If they spent less time trying to attract the CoD crowd with DUST and more
time on the playerbase that got them this far, people like me might reconsider re-subscribing.

The impression atm is that the only thing CCP understands is the bottom line and that line is money. Another
impression is that the only reason they are making dust and WoD because they [i.e top leaders of CCP] don't really want
the eve community. Its a constant thorn in their side.
Darth Kilth
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-05-28 18:30:12 UTC
Raven Solaris wrote:
Darth Kilth wrote:

Do you propose drones magically teleporting back into your drone bay if you leave them behind too?

Because that's exactly what this is.

Next up, Fighters stay behind if they are not specifically told by you to follow you.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-05-28 19:05:29 UTC
Auto recall probes in general is just a stupid idea with little thought put into it which is indicative of a lot of these scanning changes. Its a shame because there are some good steps forward in the right direction, but then a couple more steps backwards.

Why do probes instantly recall when jumping from system to system, but when you recall and deploy probes normally they take a few seconds to warp to the desired location. Surely the confirmation box we currently have is enough of a warning.

I'm starting to feel seriously annoyed when I think of how much things are being dumbed down here. People who forget to recall probes when jumping system deserve to be ridiculed and laughed at and then they wont do it again, not given an easy mode by CCP so they don't get their poor little princess sunflower feelings hurt. CCP seriously what are you doing here?!
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#40 - 2013-05-28 19:15:36 UTC
Post with a degree of profanity that made it unreadable after deleting the profanity has been deleted.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Previous page123Next page