These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

[CSM8] CSM8 Town Hall #1: June 16 1900 EVE time

First post First post
Author
Ripard Teg
Vector Galactic
Shadow Cartel
#1 - 2013-05-28 07:19:12 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Hi everyone,

As promised, CSM8 would like to announce that we will be holding the first of a planned six CSM Town Halls during our term.

CSM8 Town Hall #1 will take place Sunday June 16, at 1900 EVE time.

Following in the footsteps of CSM7, we will be using a dual format for our Town Halls, with them publicly broadcast on EVE Radio during the second half of the DJ Wiggles show. Questions will be taken both in an in-game channel (to be announced) and on the EVE University Mumble server, which will be open to the public during the Town Hall. I'd like to express the CSM's sincere gratitude to the staffs of both of these organizations for their assistance with this important event, notably DJ Wiggles and Neville Smit of E-UNI.

Neville has already posted on the EVE University website the instructions for accessing the public Mumble server, and I recommend you take some time to go ahead and read those instructions.

As always with these events, we will take questions from any EVE player (past, present, future) that wishes to participate and we'll do our very best to answer within the constraints of the time of the event and of course the ever-present NDA.

The focus of this particular Town Hall will be player reactions to the Odyssey expansion, suggestions for topics for us to take to the first CSM/CCP Summit, any final questions about the CSM8 election cycle, and of course, general questions from EVE players on any topic they desire.

Barring unforseen accident or emergency, additional CSM Town Hall sessions are planned for:
* late August (after the summer CSM summit meeting at CCP headquarters);
* early October;
* mid November (tentative; before the winter summit meeting);
* third week in January (tentative; after the winter summit meeting); and,
* mid March (before the CSM9 elections).

Precise dates and times for these planned Town Halls will be announced by the CSM at a later date.

More detail will be added to this thread (including the in-game channel name) as we get closer to Town Hall #1. Hope to see you there!

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

Ripard Teg
Vector Galactic
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2013-05-28 07:19:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ripard Teg
(reserved for frequently asked questions or important updates)

If you have questions for the CSM that you would like aired but cannot attend the Town Hall yourself, please feel free to send them to me and I will ask them in your name ("I received an advance question from XXX, who asks...").

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

dark heartt
#3 - 2013-05-28 07:52:17 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:


If you have questions for the CSM that you would like aired but cannot attend the Town Hall yourself, please feel free to send them to me and I will ask them in your name ("I received an advance question from XXX, who asks...").


As someone who's rl schedule won't permit me to be there, that is a fantastic thing to do Ripard.
Chitsa Jason
Bite me inc.
#4 - 2013-05-28 12:05:11 UTC
Cant wait for these meetings :)

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Lisara Khatam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-05-28 13:34:06 UTC
Marked on my Calendar. I've got some stuff to ask the CSM...
DJWiggles
Eve Radio Corporation
#6 - 2013-05-28 15:20:45 UTC  |  Edited by: DJWiggles
As always I will be there, after the town hall a podcast format version will be made available to download, I will post links in here once it is up :)

If you missed the townhall you can download it here http://www.eve-radio.com/downloads/viewcategory/1-csm-townhall-downloads

Live on Eve Radio Sundays 15:00 GMT with me & friends talking about Eve and stuff. Twitter, Facebook TotalEve

CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2013-05-29 10:46:16 UTC
Glue applied!

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#8 - 2013-06-12 20:53:44 UTC
Question: there are still a lot of positions open @ CCPGames http://www.ccpgames.com/en/jobs

Will vacancies on these job slots be delaying further development of our Eve. ?

for example who can fill Jon Lander's shoes Executive Producer, personally I'm thinking someone like Scott HartsmanCool

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Ripard Teg
Vector Galactic
Shadow Cartel
#9 - 2013-06-14 05:34:29 UTC
Freelancer117 wrote:
Question: there are still a lot of positions open @ CCPGames http://www.ccpgames.com/en/jobs
Will vacancies on these job slots be delaying further development of our Eve. ?

That's a good question for CCP, not the CSM. That said, it might be something I would bring up at the Summit if a bottleneck issue is raised somewhere. But EVE has always been developed on a shoestring, confirm/deny...

Freelancer117 wrote:
for example who can fill Jon Lander's shoes

I've blogged on this one a number of times. I'm quite interested to meet whomever gets hired in this job. He's got some enormous shoes to fill.

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

Loki Feiht
Warcrows
Shattered Foundations
#10 - 2013-06-15 15:55:23 UTC
I really like the new anomalies, I would like to see them used to implement more diversity for pve (thread links in my signature), do you think that would be somewhere eve could move towards?

More NPC - Randomly Generated Modular Content thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=220858

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-06-16 16:10:48 UTC
I have to be at work, so I will be unable to attend the Town Hall meeting. I really wanted to make a suggestion.

I hope, that even if I can't be at the Town Hall, I can post the suggestion here, and CSM8 can make note of it.

I don't like the price of training an alt toon. On one hand you're paying $30.00 U.S. for two accounts. On the other hand you're paying $30.00 U.S. for a single account. In both instances, you can train two toons simultaneously. However, with two accounts, you get two mains and 4 alts (and one can play both toons simultaneously if one wants), whereas with one account you get one main and two alts.

I am not going to pay $30.00 for a single account just so that I can train an alt. If I really have to pay to train my alt, the most I'd pay would be $5.00 extra for one account; that's $20.00 U.S. That's $15.00 for the account plus $5.00 for the alt training - monthly.

The alt training feature is useful, but why am I going to pay double for a single account just to train up an alt? NO WAY!

If I'm going to pay $30.00 bucks, I'll just create a second full account and log on both toons. Otherwise, I'll not make use of the feature and just pay the $15.00 a month for a single account and alternate my toons' training.

I'd like to see the price changed for using this added feature, $5.00, U.S., instead of $15.00. Perhaps, a new PLEX-like certificate can be made to match the price point, for example: "PLEX-lite", or "Pilot License Extension-Simulator Training - PLEX-ST"?

Thank you for your consideration.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Doukyou
Deafening Silence Syndiate
#12 - 2013-06-16 16:37:47 UTC
I hate the Meta Click fest game. Please KILL IT!!! Don't even get me started on the whole can imploding thing. Totally annoying. As far as implementation, there is sooo much you could have done with this. I think the nerfing of the scanning was a idea that should have been fully flushed out before it was implemented. The addition of modules gives me mixed feelings , I love new modules, but I don't think these were implemented very well. They seem half finished, For people with really high skills they are almost useless. By the time you get your skills up to the point of using the T2 modules, you have the ability to do well with out the modules. You have totally nerfed exploration. You have totally ruined what was once a challenging and rewarding part of the game for those of use who specialized in it.

New data and relic sites with ultra annoying click fest game: 1 out of 10

New scanning stuff: 5 out of 10

I do like the discovery scanner I think the implementation on that was done well.

Discovery Scanner: 9 out of 10

The Ice anomalies are better than I thought they would be, I totally disagree with how they are implemented. But I think they should exist. Ice and ore should be in large continuous belts that don't regenerate. Ring mining is also a way that makes sense for implementing Ice anomalies. And I think they should exist in every system to varying degree's with the highest security status having the least due to extended mining of those systems. I think you could add a new scan category on scan probes that allows you to scan down specific types of ore or ice. Think ort clouds and asteroid belts like you would see in actual space. The whole 4 hour regen time is a totally retard3d idea. The change from sigs to anomalies for finding hidden belts is equally retard3d, Who ever came up with those two ideas should be walked off the end of the pier outside CCP's head quarters.

Ice belts: 3 out of 10

Moons have no effect on me. Graphics improvements are good. I am annoyed with some of the ship re-balancing, but I agree it needed done.

I think over all I give the expansion a 6 out of 10.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#13 - 2013-06-16 18:45:36 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
I don't like the price of training an alt toon. On one hand you're paying $30.00 U.S. for two accounts. On the other hand you're paying $30.00 U.S. for a single account.


… and you stop paying for the extra training when you no longer need it. If you had two accounts, you'd have to keep paying for the second account long after the required training was finished.

The second training queue is there for people who have a month or two of training to apply, not for people maintaining two active characters indefinitely.

Inokuma Yawara wrote:
If I'm going to pay $30.00 bucks, I'll just create a second full account and log on both toons. Otherwise, I'll not make use of the feature and just pay the $15.00 a month for a single account and alternate my toons' training.


And then you pay 2 x PLEX to transfer the character to your single active account when you've finished training it.

And in the end, this is a question for CCP, not CSM.
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-06-16 19:44:20 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
I don't like the price of training an alt toon. On one hand you're paying $30.00 U.S. for two accounts. On the other hand you're paying $30.00 U.S. for a single account.


… and you stop paying for the extra training when you no longer need it. If you had two accounts, you'd have to keep paying for the second account long after the required training was finished.

The second training queue is there for people who have a month or two of training to apply, not for people maintaining two active characters indefinitely.

Inokuma Yawara wrote:
If I'm going to pay $30.00 bucks, I'll just create a second full account and log on both toons. Otherwise, I'll not make use of the feature and just pay the $15.00 a month for a single account and alternate my toons' training.


And then you pay 2 x PLEX to transfer the character to your single active account when you've finished training it.

And in the end, this is a question for CCP, not CSM.


1) It's still too much money.

2) Just from playing my main toon, and training him, I can tell it takes more than just a couple of months to train up a toon to full proficiency. I've read some player's stories, and seen youtube videos that some skills took them a couple of years to master.

3)This IS a question for CSM8, because they TALK to CCP about players concerns. Don't be CCP's pawn and try to brush my suggestion aside. Their having this Town Hall meet, because they're gonna meet with CCP to talk about what players are thinking. What are you, a CCP shareholder?

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#15 - 2013-06-16 20:02:12 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:

2) Just from playing my main toon, and training him, I can tell it takes more than just a couple of months to train up a toon to full proficiency. I've read some player's stories, and seen youtube videos that some skills took them a couple of years to master.



All depends /what/ you're going to train them to do.

Sure, a combat character takes ages.

If you just want a orca alt, 30 days, now, is enough.
A freighter alt will be 40 days.

Once trained, they're not going to be needing much training.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#16 - 2013-06-16 20:26:01 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
2) Just from playing my main toon, and training him, I can tell it takes more than just a couple of months to train up a toon to full proficiency. I've read some player's stories, and seen youtube videos that some skills took them a couple of years to master.


Here are roles that don't take very much training at all:

  1. POS manager (i.e.: anchor/unanchor, online/offline keep it fuelled)
  2. Research alt (a few science skills + research project management)
  3. AFK cloaky alt
  4. Hauler alt for mining operation
  5. Market checking/trade alt


Heck, I've trained up an exploration alt by stopping training on my main character. Once you have the skills, it used to take time to master the activity for sure: but more SP doesn't really help once you have all-fives in the appropriate fields.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#17 - 2013-06-16 23:10:03 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
1) It's still too much money.

3)This IS a question for CSM8, because they TALK to CCP about players concerns. Don't be CCP's pawn and try to brush my suggestion aside. Their having this Town Hall meet, because they're gonna meet with CCP to talk about what players are thinking. What are you, a CCP shareholder?


It's actually too little money. The alternative is: start a new account, train the character on that account, then transfer the character back to your main account. So 1 PLEX for 30 days of training is still too cheap by 2 PLEX.

I'll warrant that the CSM should be presenting your concerns to CCP. On the other hand, if CSM was presenting every player concern to CCP they'd have no time to be useful. So at some point, some concerns have to be dropped. Where there are only a small number of players complaining, you might just have to let it go. For people such as myself 1 PLEX for 30 days training is too cheap.
dark heartt
#18 - 2013-06-17 00:10:01 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:

1) It's still too much money.

2) Just from playing my main toon, and training him, I can tell it takes more than just a couple of months to train up a toon to full proficiency. I've read some player's stories, and seen youtube videos that some skills took them a couple of years to master.

3)This IS a question for CSM8, because they TALK to CCP about players concerns. Don't be CCP's pawn and try to brush my suggestion aside. Their having this Town Hall meet, because they're gonna meet with CCP to talk about what players are thinking. What are you, a CCP shareholder?


So at the end of the day, you are not the person CCP is targeting with this change. It's obvious from your number 2 point that you are looking for a second main not a basic alt. In your case it is worth it for you to have 2 accounts.

The idea (from what I can gather) behind the plex to train is to get low sp alts trained without the need for a second account. Some of things that can be trained include PI, hauling, exploration, cov-ops frigate and a RvB alt. These are things that you don't necessarily need massive amounts of SP for (read as: don't have extra long training times), and don't need to be logged in at the same time as your main.

Yes at the end of the day, 2 accounts might be better, but you're not paying for an extra account, you're paying for the flexibility to train another character on your main account. And in all honesty, it's not that hard to pay for your one account (~$15), then pay for the plex to train your alt with isk.
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-06-17 04:16:06 UTC
It sounds like you're saying CCP should charge us more..... You are shareholders... Shocked

I guess I got used to training my alts for free when playing SWTOR. I log off my main, log into all of my alts one at a time, send off their companions on missions, log back into my main toon and resume play. All for the same subscription price of $15.00 a month. I felt it was highway robbery to be charged the price of two accounts just to train an alt off-line. After what you've said, not only are we not intended to fully train up the alt, we are expected to pay that high of a price for a low level skilled alt.

The amazing thing is that you're all O.K. with it.

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but you guys sure seemed determined to make what I suggest disappear. I was kind of kidding about the shareholders comments, but wow. You sure act like stakeholders to me. I don't see the CSM flag on your portraits... Hmmmm... (I'm half joking.)

In the end, I guess it's all moot since, by now, the Town Hall meet is over. I wish I din't have to be at work. I would have liked to participate.

In the end, even though I feel you were trying to relegate my suggestion and comments as that of an unwashed barbarian at the gate, I did get some insight into why there are so many dark rumblings in chat and in forums about CCP's business practices. Well, it's a good game. They deserve to make some money from it, but they should work hard to avoid being seen in the same light as Microsoft - the worst business on Earth. They treat their paying customers like thieves, and find ways to reduce functionality in order to sell you the features that make their product more useful.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Loki Feiht
Warcrows
Shattered Foundations
#20 - 2013-06-17 10:04:33 UTC
Inokuma Yawara wrote:
It sounds like you're saying CCP should charge us more..... You are shareholders... Shocked

I guess I got used to training my alts for free when playing SWTOR. I log off my main, log into all of my alts one at a time, send off their companions on missions, log back into my main toon and resume play. All for the same subscription price of $15.00 a month. I felt it was highway robbery to be charged the price of two accounts just to train an alt off-line. After what you've said, not only are we not intended to fully train up the alt, we are expected to pay that high of a price for a low level skilled alt.

The amazing thing is that you're all O.K. with it.

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but you guys sure seemed determined to make what I suggest disappear. I was kind of kidding about the shareholders comments, but wow. You sure act like stakeholders to me. I don't see the CSM flag on your portraits... Hmmmm... (I'm half joking.)

In the end, I guess it's all moot since, by now, the Town Hall meet is over. I wish I din't have to be at work. I would have liked to participate.

In the end, even though I feel you were trying to relegate my suggestion and comments as that of an unwashed barbarian at the gate, I did get some insight into why there are so many dark rumblings in chat and in forums about CCP's business practices. Well, it's a good game. They deserve to make some money from it, but they should work hard to avoid being seen in the same light as Microsoft - the worst business on Earth. They treat their paying customers like thieves, and find ways to reduce functionality in order to sell you the features that make their product more useful.



Eve = 1 plex = 30 days of training.
Now you have the ability to train 2 characters up on one account, with the same cost of 1 plex for 30 days training per character, why wouldnt players be happy with this new option?

I honestly fail to see what your problem actually is, its really quite simple, you pay for skill time.

Also, bump for more diverse pve \o/

More NPC - Randomly Generated Modular Content thread https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=220858

12Next page