These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[news] VIGILS FOR YANALA TURN VIOLENT

Author
Julianus Soter
Blades of Liberty
#21 - 2013-05-28 05:52:13 UTC
Unfortunately, no matter how angry certain people will be, even the CEP is powerless before the laws of Finance. The Megacorporations are broke, and heavily in debt to the Empire. They cannot depose Heth and stop the bloodshed with the Federation without having these long-forgotten financial instruments triggering; thereby crippling the State for the next decade.

Heth will remain, and the war will continue. Much to everyone's dissatisfaction, everyone besides Jamyl the First.

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

Drake Arson
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#22 - 2013-05-28 06:04:33 UTC
i wonder if i am invited...
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#23 - 2013-05-28 06:10:37 UTC
Mr. Soter; the Megacorporations are broke? Kaalakiota Corporation has had some liquidity issues of late due to their support of the Providence Directorate. Aside from KK, though, do you have any evidence of the remainder...? I would love to be corrected, of course; I fully acknowledge there are gaps in my knowledge of events over the past few years.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Arthas Romanov
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-05-28 06:18:37 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Quote:
The Citadel – Soon after news of Caldari Navy Executive Officer Mininela Erinen's testimony about Admiral Yanala's death was released, several memorial services for the war hero suddenly turned into impromptu protests as people called for answers from State Executor Tibus Heth. Several of the protests subsequently turned violent, when demonstrators clashed with Provist forces. So far, no deaths have been reported, though hundreds have been reported as injured.

Into the morning, Caldari citizens have continued to react with disbelief and anger to the news. Said one protestor who works for Lai Dai, “Tibus Heth must give an accounting of himself. He can't sit silent in his iron tower and expect us to accept this. Admiral Yanala was a hero and he cannot simply expect us to forget about this.”

Others have reacted with slightly greater reservation. Said a middle manager from Hyasyoda, “We've only heard one side of the story. Obviously if true it's horrible. But anyone who is rioting is just participating in a mob mentality. There's no proof about what she's said. It's her word against the State Executor's. We must wait for the CEP to finish their investigation.”

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/vigils-for-yanala-turn-violent/

I guess it is hard for citizens in space to find provists sometimes. And thus I would like to ask you to not harass any State workers and security. There are other ways to release your anger. I believe that only those, who actually did something should accept consequences. Thus I am leaving my quarters(*) door unlocked for anyone(**), who wants to say or do something to provist supporters.

(*) Those, who can't find my quarters by themselves, I recommend looking for "Diana Kim Quarters" in their neocom.
(**) My offer is valid only for citizens of the State. All other trespassers will be kicked out with extreme prejudice. Members of hostile (gallente and minmatar) militias or navies will be shot.

I did enjoy our talk Kim. Do keep in contact sometime.

The facism of the state can only be cleansed from within.

Shintoko Akahoshi
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-05-28 14:50:45 UTC
Arthas Romanov wrote:

I did enjoy our talk Kim. Do keep in contact sometime.

According to the latest medical reports, Kim-haani has survived your little talk and will recover. And a certain StateSec Officer Kalla is interested in speaking with you.

Bio and writing

(Nothing I say is indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated)

Svetlana Scarlet
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#26 - 2013-05-28 15:30:00 UTC
Julianus Soter wrote:
Unfortunately, no matter how angry certain people will be, even the CEP is powerless before the laws of Finance. The Megacorporations are broke, and heavily in debt to the Empire. They cannot depose Heth and stop the bloodshed with the Federation without having these long-forgotten financial instruments triggering; thereby crippling the State for the next decade.

Heth will remain, and the war will continue. Much to everyone's dissatisfaction, everyone besides Jamyl the First.

They are hardly "broke." Perhaps you should leave the laws of finance to us? And destroying the illegal office of the Executor and all its component parts will have no effect on repayment of loans or our relations with the Amarr -- unlike the Gallente, they do not feel the need to meddle constantly in the internal affairs of their allies. We will take care of our house, and when we are done, the State will be strong once more -- hardly bad for their investment.

As far as the war with the Federation goes, I am not aware that the CAESA was dependent on ongoing hostilities with the Federation -- on the other hand, since you and your compatriots seem to still want to tell us how to conduct our affairs, it does not seem like we are the ones who are still pursuing this war. You and the Senate should learn the value of being quiet if you wish for peace -- do you think you did Admiral Yanala a great many favors declaring her a Gallente war hero? No matter how many times the Caldari try to teach you this lesson, you never can seem to get it.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#27 - 2013-05-28 21:00:25 UTC
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:
According to the latest medical reports, Kim-haani has survived your little talk and will recover.
Hmm. So it was not just words that were exchanged?
Arthas Romanov
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-05-28 21:36:50 UTC
Che Biko wrote:
Shintoko Akahoshi wrote:
According to the latest medical reports, Kim-haani has survived your little talk and will recover.
Hmm. So it was not just words that were exchanged?

Lets just say she could not see the light, nor walk in gods glory. As for this Kalla....Come and find me.

God bless the Caldari State!!

The facism of the state can only be cleansed from within.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#29 - 2013-05-29 20:33:34 UTC
... what happened?

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#30 - 2013-05-30 13:07:13 UTC
Argoist Zxim
Terraprobe Dynamics
#31 - 2013-05-30 17:21:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Argoist Zxim
Svetlana Scarlet wrote:
You and the Senate should learn the value of being quiet if you wish for peace -- do you think you did Admiral Yanala a great many favors declaring her a Gallente war hero? No matter how many times the Caldari try to teach you this lesson, you never can seem to get it.

There is nothing wrong with honouring and respecting someone who did the right thing in the face of a direct order from a superior.

Admiral Yanala isn't a Caldari war hero, or gallente one. She's not even a war hero. She's just a hero. A person who saved millions of lives by making a decision that in the end cost her her own life.

I admit that I'm far too jaded to live up to such an example. But leaders across the cluster, military and civilian, should take a long hard look at her as an example of honour and personal integrity.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#32 - 2013-06-11 09:36:24 UTC
Offer is not valid anymore.
All traitors will be met with deadly force.

For the State!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Laurienne 'Quafegirl' Cherbourg
Like Oh My Gosh I Totally Have A Corp Now
#33 - 2013-06-11 09:44:07 UTC
Hmm, I hope I'm not considered a traitor, since I'm like an Achura and stuff.

Chilled Quafe™, accept no refreshment substitute. For all of you affluent Capsuleer-types, Quafe Elite™ restaraunts can be found at many stations! Only got a few minutes to spare before that fleet-op? Swing by QuafeSnacks™ for the full taste-experience you've come to expect from Quafe, on the go!

Previous page12