These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

500mil for your opinion!

Author
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#81 - 2013-05-26 17:56:36 UTC
ThreadTitle wrote:
500mil for your opinion!

I'd like to give you my honest opinion of people who can't think for themselves and come running to the forum for a hand to hold, but It's not worth the forum ban I'd get if I did.

Mr Epeen Cool
Nemoya Zelon
Doomheim
#82 - 2013-05-26 18:06:18 UTC
Tell me how you really feel.
Chocotto
Chocotto Corporation
#83 - 2013-05-26 18:07:29 UTC
Hire around 50 ~100 player and try to make a fireworks with the festival launcher , making the time and syncro and try to make a show.
Tiven loves Tansien
Doomheim
#84 - 2013-05-26 18:10:44 UTC
Make a pvp event like Tuskers did few weeks ago, and give away t1 fitted frigates or cruisers to some people for free and let them fight. The winner (you should make some rules) wins a fitted Nightmare.
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#85 - 2013-05-26 18:10:54 UTC
Let's see... I'd probably have 2 accounts or so running, so I could train two characters on divergent routes. Also alt or two trained on those accounts for various purposes as needed. Anyway, I would do very different things in different areas in time there could be some crosstraining and use as needed, but the principle here is that I'd be able to do all the things I want to do as fast as I can in as wide area (both in space and specialization) as possible.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#86 - 2013-05-26 18:35:03 UTC
My mom always told my my opinion wasn't worth anything, surely it's not worth 500m.
Gloriana Thalanis
#87 - 2013-05-26 18:50:27 UTC
OK! I have yet to get paid so here's my best attempt at insight and amusement.

The first and most important part of enjoying EVE is being surrounded in like-minded players. Failing that, surrounding yourself in sycophants will do. The latter is much easier to accomplish.

Take your alt, or some character you buy, and collude with your friends. Get a rookie corp going. You'll need to focus on things the newbs can do so pick something ridiculously simple and stick with it. That will be your corp's thing.

The next step is to find a highsec island somewhere far, far away from a trade hub; preferably one that requires quite a few jumps to access. Take your newbs out there and establish a base of operations. Inform the newbs that they should let you know what mods they need and you will bring them in to sell at a "discount," to members. Secondly, inform them that they must work hard to keep the local economy stocked with the goods they need.

At first they'll probably balk a bit. This is where your friends out of corp, or mercs, come in handy. Arrange for any of the dissident newbs taking a trip to a real hub to have an accident. Be sure that anyone who mentions the words "mwd," and "cloak," in the same sentence be immediately demonized. Have your friends, or mercs, camp the rookies into the island for a while. You won't need the blockade to last forever, just long enough to make them fearful of going anywhere to resupply.

Repeat this process as needed and trim the skeptics as you go. Eventually you'll have a lovingly sycophantic cult of personality surrounding you. Black frog will allow you to buy what you need to keep the newbs pacified and have it delivered for a nominal fee. You'll mark the price up significantly AND skim off the tax funds.

Eventually you'll have like-minded directors to keep the show going who can take their own small cut of the action and you can retire to a pure pvp character, stopping by on your "main," once in a while to make sure that the protection money is still flowing and the peasants are continuing to provide for their lord.

You would not be the first to do this, but I've never actually seen it fail. Now send me that money!
Generals4
#88 - 2013-05-26 19:19:50 UTC
Well, first of all what you need to know is what you want to achieve. Do you want to kill lots of capsuleers? Earn even more isks, because hey why not? Do you just want to explore stuff? etc.

If you want to just bulk up on isks:
- Considering you already have a lot of isks, why not consider trading? It will probably require a lot of excell sheets but hey, some people are into that.
- You could buy some pimped PVE ship and farm Lvl 4 missions
- You could also go buy a WH, set up your own POS and farm sleepers (either alone or create your own corp)
- You could always do incursions (if you want to carebear, shoot npc's and do it with other people)

If you want PeeVeePee:
- You could join FW. With the funds you have you could buy pimped ships and obliterate a lot of the cheap FW'ers (who usually stick to either T1 or Faction ships with T2 fittings)
- You could just have fun suicide ganking people for ***** and giggles.
- You could go into WH's for WH PeeVeePee.
- You could just be a boring person and go into alliance null space.
- You could become a pirate, they love pimped ships and your high amount of isks will make losses more affordable.

If you want to explore:
- WH's are fun for that too. You get to explore new space all the day due to new WH's connecting you to new parts of space
- You could roam around in Low Sec or Null looking for anoms.

My personal Suggestions:
A) If you want moar isks; trading
B) If you want PeeVeePee; Wormholes. It's a fun experience and WH's are extremely unique in many ways and your wallet would allow you to set up and maintain a nice POS and have a pimped up PVE ship to kill sleepers. (on top of your PVP ships)

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#89 - 2013-05-27 02:16:41 UTC
Nemoya Zelon wrote:
Friends have been taunting me for years to get back into the game and my willpower has now given out, so here I am. Anyhow, I have to start over because I sold my character to a friend before I left. It is now his main (with which he runs a small corp) so I feel as though asking for her back would be rather rude and in any case, not in the cards for me.

So my situation is thus: I have around ~50 billion in liquid isk, another ~10 bil (rough estimate) in various assets which I kept on a throw-away alt and I am looking to re-establish myself.

I know there's no right or wrong answer, but I'm quite curious to know what you would do?

500 million isk to the answer that I find the most insightful or amusing. ;)

send 5b to me and get 25b back.

Once you receive the isk, kindly report about your experience on forums and tip the 500m on my bounty.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Jessie Davis
Horlan Logistics and Support
#90 - 2013-05-27 03:20:01 UTC
throw all to somerblink. pray for lady luck and hope you win the 800trillion grand prize.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#91 - 2013-05-27 04:39:08 UTC
Oh well, biomassed through the virtual woodchipper... we'll always have Paris ! ! ! P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Feer Truelight
#92 - 2013-05-27 05:27:06 UTC
Play the market and double your ISK. In the meantime join FW and just have fun.

8/7/2006 3:39:36 PM UTC FreeCCP Promotional Game Time 7 Days Paid

6/1/2012 5:48:57 PM UTC PayPal 1 x 1 Month EVE Subscription + Signup €19.95 Paid

CCP took 6 years to convert me to a (still) paying subscriber :)

Uzbeg Khan
Henehen Conflict Logistics
#93 - 2013-05-27 06:04:20 UTC
Seeing as you decided to come back, you must have some reason to.

Buy a character that can do whatever you feel like doing, then go do it :)

Things I hate: - Signatures - Irony - Lists

Hrothgar Nilsson
#94 - 2013-05-27 08:19:38 UTC
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#95 - 2013-05-27 10:22:26 UTC
Nemoya Zelon wrote:
Friends have been taunting me for years to get back into the game and my willpower has now given out, so here I am. Anyhow, I have to start over because I sold my character to a friend before I left. It is now his main (with which he runs a small corp) so I feel as though asking for her back would be rather rude and in any case, not in the cards for me.

So my situation is thus: I have around ~50 billion in liquid isk, another ~10 bil (rough estimate) in various assets which I kept on a throw-away alt and I am looking to re-establish myself.

I know there's no right or wrong answer, but I'm quite curious to know what you would do?

500 million isk to the answer that I find the most insightful or amusing. ;)

As your character is now in the great corp of Doomheim (quite a few there myself) I can only guess that the character has served it's purpose. So you've either bought a character from the market, started another new character or posting in GD has restored your willpower.
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#96 - 2013-05-27 13:07:12 UTC
Nemoya Zelon wrote:

I would suggest, even if you didn't think it rude, that trying to reclaim your original main is probably not the way to go...
The members of your friend's corp know the character through that player (as do many other people), the character has evolved since you've been away - and, more importantly, the ennui which I assume was behind your decision to leave in the first place is far more likely to return with the character. I know so many people who, coming back after an ennui induced break, immediately started running L4 missions again (because it's the only way they have of making decent money), not many of them kept their sub going beyond their first PLEX.

Nemoya Zelon wrote:

What I would do, in your situation?
I would forget the money and assets on the throwaway alt for the moment, ignore them entirely.
I would talk to the RL friends, a couple of them at least, including the person running your old character, RL friends who you can play alongside are awesome and their cooperation may be needed.
I would start a brand new character, entirely from scratch, with no outside input, just 5k ISK and a Frigate.
Play the NPE, all the tutorial missions, everything and try to approach it as if it was my first time playing.
I'd then join the RL friend's corp, ask them not to mention anything about your previous career and don't mention anything about it yourself, play as if you really are new to the game.

By playing as a really new character your options are forced open and you can experience the universe afresh, you can try things you've never considered before because you're new and you don't know any better (and the ships and clone you're in aren't going to break the bank).

After, perhaps, six months you might look at purchasing characters, investing your old wealth or whatever - but hold off for at least that long before you even touch it - shiney things in cobweb strewn rooms won't help you look at EVE with fresh eyes.
Elisheva Cohane
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2013-05-27 15:22:37 UTC
First. you already HAVE lots of ISKs, so all the answers that give you some hair brained sheeme to make more should be irelevant to you. You left the game, and yet it pulled you back in. There is an allure, a siren call that you heed. So the key to finding out what to do, is to find out WHAT made you come back to EvE. Was it the pew? The cameraderie? The sandboxiness? Go within yourself, and find out what made you come back. Then think on how to explore and enhance that aspect.

Purchasing a suitable character is a good idea, no one really would want to retrain all the skills you once had. Then, let the fun begin. You have enough isk to fly solid ships, set up a WH corp, heck, even rent SoV null. Or start a very shooty mining corp in High Sec. The world is your ouster.

Personally, I do detect a slight devious, almost decadent desire for lulz and maybe even tears (forgive me if i am wrong). Thus, take some of that wealth and give in to your personal dark side. Smartboming ice miners (with a BS or two) comes to mind, or silly station games in Jita with REALLY expensive ships....

On the other hand, if I am wrong and you have your dark side savely stored away, I would suggest some random acts of sensles kindness. Like dropping a well fitted cruiser or BC in a noobie system, and offering it to the first pilot who successfully scans you down, etc. Harvesting smiles can be just as rewarding as harvesting tears...

Whatever you do, have fun. And welcome back!

Eli.
Grandpa Bill
Twin Lakes Retirement Home
#98 - 2013-05-27 15:38:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Grandpa Bill
Look here, If you got the money Ive got the solution fer you. You see here at the home we have been invaded by what we here call furry rats or more commonly known as squirrels. Now we could devise a plan of attack by hiring a local exterminator but I find that it would save us time and money if we invest the money in new fangled contraptions thats designed to not feed em so that thay decide to go and mess with some other home. These arnt no normal squirrels I tell you, they will walk right up to you as if you were going to offer them some food right there on the spot. And I tell you why they do this, Betty, the resident just down the hall likes to FEED THEM! This is unacceptable and I have informed the staff many a time but they seem to favor the rude antics of Betty.

This is just the start of my problems with some of the people that also live here. I believe it were about a week before they took my computer away fer what they call "Breakin the rules" I seen Jan the nurse allowing second servings of lunch to her favorites. Now even tho I didnt want any extra I have always wondered if I had wanted some, what would she have done? I just dont know.

Grandpa Bill

Agallis Zinthros
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2013-05-27 20:41:03 UTC
I would buy a well-skilled subcap character on the Bazaar and pay to have a high-sec tower in an alt corp put up close to Jita, maybe even in Maurasi / Muvo (paying mercs a couple bil to remove a POS).

Use current throwaway alt as an industrial/trade character to make money, maybe add another industrial character or two on that account.

That setup would make bank on ISK and let you jump right into PVP.

Oh, I'd also give me half a bil.

Amarr Victor Owner / operator of http://local-spike.com, an EVE-focused PVP blog

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2013-05-27 20:49:48 UTC
Buy every Gnosis that is under a hundred mil all at once, so the price skyrockets all of a sudden.

Wait for it to even out over the next couple years, and then start selling them. They'll probably sell for several hundred mil by then.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."