These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction Towers returning to the game

Author
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-26 20:25:13 UTC
o/ S&I

Just caught this little gem in the Test Server forum:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3073091#post3073091

So faction towers are going to be re-added to loot tables as confirmed by CCP Soundwave.

Ive been reading a lot of speculation about future ice product however would it not be possible that a large influx of new faction POS towers will reduce the total ice load required? I mean a tier 2 faction is 20% cheaper to fuel than a standard so if many people make the switch it has the possibility of dropping the mean ice product required per month in the game. Albeit it will depend entirely on the volume that they drop by on the new loot tables and the amount of adoption accross space.

Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#2 - 2013-05-26 21:01:06 UTC
Alec Freeman wrote:
o/ S&I

Just caught this little gem in the Test Server forum:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3073091#post3073091

So faction towers are going to be re-added to loot tables as confirmed by CCP Soundwave.

Ive been reading a lot of speculation about future ice product however would it not be possible that a large influx of new faction POS towers will reduce the total ice load required? I mean a tier 2 faction is 20% cheaper to fuel than a standard so if many people make the switch it has the possibility of dropping the mean ice product required per month in the game. Albeit it will depend entirely on the volume that they drop by on the new loot tables and the amount of adoption accross space.

You are assuming that the bulk of the ice products supplied to the market are consumed by the control tower. I would double check that assumption.

A small percentage of a small number is a small number.
Aliventi
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#3 - 2013-05-26 21:35:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Aliventi
I was recently on an op where we moved 200+ supers and carriers from Kalevala to Aridia. 70k iso both ways means we burned over 14 million isos. We made the trip at least 2 more times the following weeks as we deployed to Delve. That's at least 42 million isos burned in 3 days by 1 alliance. Towers use a pitiful amount of the ice products in the grand scheme of things.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-05-26 22:17:56 UTC
Alec Freeman wrote:
o/ S&I

Ive been reading a lot of speculation about future ice product however would it not be possible that a large influx of new faction POS towers will reduce the total ice load required?

Very much doubt it, as they were never very common to begin with over the years and I doubt they will appear all that often again -- if only to preserve the value and to motivate people to keep making the effort to find a bpc.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2013-05-27 04:22:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Alec Freeman
Aliventi wrote:
I was recently on an op where we moved 200+ supers and carriers from Kalevala to Aridia. 70k iso both ways means we burned over 14 million isos. We made the trip at least 2 more times the following weeks as we deployed to Delve. That's at least 42 million isos burned in 3 days by 1 alliance. Towers use a pitiful amount of the ice products in the grand scheme of things.

Well... thats my theory done, Ill go back into my WH now, don't mind me.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#6 - 2013-05-27 07:13:11 UTC
I think you will find Liquid Ozone will be an issue in terms of towers for people who rely on ice from HS sources.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Emma Royd
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#7 - 2013-05-27 16:37:33 UTC
Glad I sold my DG mediums when the price was still good Lol