These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Not Missing - Changed - ABORT UNDOCK

First post
Author
Ashlar Vellum
Esquire Armaments
#41 - 2013-05-20 18:51:07 UTC
Big smile why this new button is so damn big. CCP your players are not completely blind, well not all of them at least and blind ones probably memorized the old place.
Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#42 - 2013-05-20 21:29:16 UTC
Ashlar Vellum wrote:
Big smile why this new button is so damn big. CCP your players are not completely blind, well not all of them at least and blind ones probably memorized the old place.

I have a feeling they moved it where they did for those of us who 'auto-hide' the neocron while we're in station. Creates a moment of client lag when undocking sometimes.

I have a feeling they made it as large as they did because, when the moved it, it looked awfully tiny and small over there.

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

marVLs
#43 - 2013-05-26 08:50:13 UTC
Please change current Undock button position.

Undock and enter Captain Q should not be so close, missclick and You are fuc....up...
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#44 - 2013-05-26 10:57:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
They changed it again. I'm not altogether sure it's better now. Previously, the Undock (while enormous) was in the same half of the screen as the old undock. Now it's smaller and in the complete opposite corner. It doesn't quite feel right, at least to me. The old "new button" had a good feel to it.

On a positive note, it's easier to find the "Enter CQ/Enter Ship Hangar" now and it's very difficult to click the teal arrow rather than the yellow one by mistake.
Jack Ogeko
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2013-05-26 12:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Ogeko
hi

i don't know this is proper topic, but it is very similar

undocks buttons should be at side bar not at station sevices bar, or at leat should be at this two pleaces, or should be option to change position of them, becouse i very often have minimize station service, and now i need to make one click to undock, if it will be at station serives window, i must, re-minimize window, and this is two click, for me, now at sisi this is break.
Mystri
#46 - 2013-05-26 12:39:31 UTC
marVLs
#47 - 2013-05-26 13:00:44 UTC
Jack Ogeko wrote:
hi

undocks buttons should be at side bar not at station sevices bar, or at leat should be at this two pleaces, or should be option to change position of them, becouse i very often have minimize station service, and now i need to make one click to undock, if it will be at station serives window, i must, re-minimize window, and this is two click, for me, now at sisi this is break.

Dock/undock is a station service so it should be in station services menu, but first replacement (bottom big single button) was better, and looks better
Demolishar
United Aggression
#48 - 2013-05-26 13:12:25 UTC
Please keep a "clear zone" around this button, it's an important button and must not be prone to misclicks. Having it next to CQ button sort of makes sense, but in practice is a very un-ergonomic solution. It was alright at the bottom of the station services menu.

I DEFINITELY preferred having an "abort undock" popup window though, please bring that back.
Alvatore DiMarco
#49 - 2013-05-26 13:56:39 UTC
I simply do not understand how it's so easy for people to misclick when aiming for the big yellow "Undock" button. I guess maybe I need someone to explain it to me.
Jack Ogeko
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2013-05-26 14:17:10 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Jack Ogeko wrote:
hi

Dock/undock is a station service so it should be in station services menu, but first replacement (bottom big single button) was better, and looks better

i don't care at wich interfacie it will be, now i have it at one click, and i make payment for it, if someone breake it, i put consequences at this person
Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#51 - 2013-05-26 22:11:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Panhead4411
What part of "why is this undock button so HUGE?" did you misinterpret to "can we please have another obnoxiously large button put beside the already obnoxiously large button!"

Do you really think ppl will go back and for between their captains quarters just as often as docking/undocking to justify the addition of the huge CQ button? I know i went into it exactly ONCE. Realized it was attempting to burn my house down, and as soon as i could, i got out of it, and have never gone back. With the exception of when CCP thinks its a grand idea to reset ALL player settings with every new expansion.

Seriously CCP, just listen to your customers for once. Please.

And the color changing icons seem vaguely similar to something normally referred to as a 'progress bar' that you are soo adamantly at war with.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

Alvatore DiMarco
#52 - 2013-05-26 22:16:04 UTC
Panhead4411 wrote:
What part of "why is this undock button so HUGE?" did you misinterpret to "can we please have another obnoxiously large button put beside the already obnoxiously large button!"

Seriously CCP, just listen to your customers for once. Please.

The new button is dramatically smaller than the old large button, and that new button you seem to have such angst over is in reply to people saying that the CQ button should be graphical rather than text in order to help avoid misclicks.

Personally, I preferred the original undocking button they came up with. Or at least, I preferred the original location for it at the bottom of the Station Services menu. I keep looking for the button in the bottom half of the screen and it's not there.
Manssell
OmiHyperMultiNationalDrunksConglomerate
#53 - 2013-05-27 15:55:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Manssell
marVLs wrote:
Please change current Undock button position.

Undock and enter Captain Q should not be so close, missclick and You are fuc....up...

Agree! These two buttons shold be as far away from each other as possible. One buttom brings me happy PVP fun feeings when I click on it. The other makes me want to shoot a monument in rage. You should get the option to remove the rage, er um CQ button all together.
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-05-31 00:01:00 UTC
i took a look again at this as I see that i moved again and is now next to the CQ button

I am meh about the location - it does seem a bit clearer - and i see that if you select no to the CQ it now grey's it out (+1 CCP on that)

The messaging is clearer on the button "abort" when selected and it does change color a bit. So this is more acceptable that it was ....so iterations on this have produced something a bit better - still not like it was - but if its going to change this I am thinking will be clearer for newbies....who may think how do I undock?

~Regan~
Alvatore DiMarco
#55 - 2013-05-31 05:51:51 UTC
Regan Rotineque wrote:
i took a look again at this as I see that i moved again and is now next to the CQ button

I am meh about the location - it does seem a bit clearer - and i see that if you select no to the CQ it now grey's it out (+1 CCP on that)

The messaging is clearer on the button "abort" when selected and it does change color a bit. So this is more acceptable that it was ....so iterations on this have produced something a bit better - still not like it was - but if its going to change this I am thinking will be clearer for newbies....who may think how do I undock?

~Regan~

Newbies aren't going to think that. You may recall that the tutorials put a great big arrow next to the "Undock" button at the point where you're supposed to do so.
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#56 - 2013-05-31 14:18:10 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:
undocking under massive tidi currently is spam the mouse button until something happens.
please move abort undock back to a different place.

Actually that is bad, tidi means the system will get to your command, but when you spam click you fill up the action queue with more useless stuff. Which affects the server and other players on the node.

That behavior might make you feel better by filling in the time between your final click and undock but does not actually help you undock any faster.
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2013-06-05 02:56:55 UTC
now that this is on TQ

sorry but i really dont like it....seems so unatural to look up towards that thing i dont want to use the CQ and undock.

Its like a whole extra movement to get to undock.

~R~

Sarmatiko
#58 - 2013-06-06 04:01:42 UTC
Instead of current undocking disaster, I'd prefer old button with interactive cancel tooltip http://i.imgur.com/1QOHkkt.jpg
But what can I possibly know about things that will make my gaming experience better.. Straight
Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#59 - 2013-06-06 11:44:51 UTC
Regan Rotineque wrote:
- and i see that if you select no to the CQ it now grey's it out (+1 CCP on that)

Actually, the only way to have that greyed out is by fully disabling all "station environments", as i have yet to find a "never ever let me load the CPU/GPU melting CQ-only) option that doesn't also just put a single static picture of my ship/hanger.

Sarmatiko wrote:
Instead of current undocking disaster, I'd prefer old button with interactive cancel tooltip http://i.imgur.com/1QOHkkt.jpg
But what can I possibly know about things that will make my gaming experience better.. Straight

You actually play the game, you should know that makes your opinion invalid as useful for CCP.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

Maria212
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2013-06-10 11:02:28 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Elder Ozzian wrote:
While you are at it, could you make "abort jump" between systems? =)

* I hate station games so if you really want to undock, you should be sure --> No need for abort button.

Hit stop ship, and you won't jump after coming out of warp. If you want to after hitting jump, you're a bit late.

If you clicked jump the gate and your ship enters warp, you can just click CTRL+SPACE (stop ship shortcut) and ship will land at gate but will not jump trough it :)
Previous page123