These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ship-skill changes

Author
Atena Dineji
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-05-26 14:49:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Atena Dineji
Hi there,

i'm pretty sure it has been asked before, but i can't seem to find it anywhere:
What happens if you don't have any destroyer/battlecruiser skills and fly a battleship or a cruiser? Will you get the racial destroyer/battlecruiser skill at III for free?

Thanks.

edit:
For everyone else who couldn't find the answer right away:
Quote:

Except for the Navy Battleships, Destroyers and Battlecruisers (whose reimbursement is detailed in the next part) all the affected ships will still be flyable even after the change with no fancy reimbursement, provided you can fly them on Tranquility right now. This works because once a particular skill is trained, the system doesn’t care about sub-requirements anymore. Theoretical and unlikely example: you have Amarr Battleship 1 and Amarr Cruiser 3 currently trained. You are pod-killed without having a proper clone, and Amarr Cruiser 3 is reduced to 2. You will still be able to fly the Armageddon, as long as Amarr Battleship 1 is retained.

Source: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/74234
Mirel Dystoph
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-05-26 14:51:25 UTC
Search harder.

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-05-26 14:53:26 UTC
no
DRGaius Baltar
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-05-26 16:36:34 UTC
Are you still failing at life.......
ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#5 - 2013-05-26 16:37:48 UTC
"I can't find it anywhere"

Translation: "I didn't try". It's been asked, what, two hundred times? If you don't have destroyer or battlecruiser skills you get nothing.

Dodixie > Hek

Romvex
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#6 - 2013-05-26 16:41:00 UTC
Mag's
Azn Empire
#7 - 2013-05-26 16:42:03 UTC
Roll

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-05-26 20:41:44 UTC
... and yet the Rookie Channel can be so damn useful, instead of spamming up GD... Shocked

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Danni stark
#9 - 2013-05-26 20:43:53 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
... and yet the Rookie Channel can be so damn useful, instead of spamming up GD... Shocked

a favourite phrase of mine is "some people are beyond help". it's a line i often use when i'm with some one in a shop and a store assistant asks them if they can help them, it never gets old.
Krakhen
Praetors of Orpheus
#10 - 2013-05-26 22:40:54 UTC
It's even more boggling to see people answering that they cannot be bothered to answer in the first place. Roll

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/74234
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-05-26 23:03:36 UTC