These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

So, Vilnius Varl has left Eve

First post
Author
Corey Fumimasa
Court of Gods
Tsundere Triad
#1 - 2013-05-26 16:10:37 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrdoArdish

Of the people whom I have met in Eve Vilnius is perhaps the most interesting.

He is Dutch; once upon a time they controlled the world. If you graph population over control over time the Dutch are very close to the top of the list.

He has an understanding of Eve mechanics that goes beyond what is needed to play and to be successful; it allowed him to explain the game in a way that new players could understand.

He was neutral in ideas of who is best or closest to winning Eve, the game is beyond the ability of the players to judge.

I will miss Vilnius, and wish him the best of luck wherever he may land.

Who do you miss? And why?
ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#2 - 2013-05-26 16:11:29 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
He is Dutch; once upon a time they controlled the world. If you graph population over control over time the Dutch are very close to the top of the list.


*Stops reading, leans back and helps himself to another crumpet while gazing longingly at the teapot*

Dodixie > Hek

Corey Fumimasa
Court of Gods
Tsundere Triad
#3 - 2013-05-26 16:18:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
ElQuirko wrote:
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
He is Dutch; once upon a time they controlled the world. If you graph population over control over time the Dutch are very close to the top of the list.


*Stops reading, leans back and helps himself to another crumpet while gazing longingly at the teapot*


Only because the Northmen spent some seed in the fair isles!

*I say this as someone from the great genetic melting pot over the sea, and do not mean any offence.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#4 - 2013-05-26 16:23:24 UTC
So, would his stuff be available then?


There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Jet Burns
The Silver Seraphs
#5 - 2013-05-26 16:24:16 UTC
Cry Havoc the alliance.


Because they knew how to hot drop, roam, and fight. I had just joined and trained to Logistic 5 when they disbanded. I haven't left although there is no activity at all just because I don't want to drop the flag. Sometimes still I get a random salute in local. I miss the boys.
Rual Storge
Beyond Frontier
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2013-05-26 16:27:44 UTC
interesting, i didnt knew there were copies of mine playing eve...
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-05-26 16:50:25 UTC
Jet Burns wrote:
Cry Havoc the alliance.


Because they knew how to hot drop, roam, and fight. I had just joined and trained to Logistic 5 when they disbanded. I haven't left although there is no activity at all just because I don't want to drop the flag. Sometimes still I get a random salute in local. I miss the boys.


Why would you sit in a dead alliance while actually subscribed and playing

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Corey Fumimasa
Court of Gods
Tsundere Triad
#8 - 2013-05-26 17:15:36 UTC
Andski wrote:
Jet Burns wrote:
Cry Havoc the alliance.


Because they knew how to hot drop, roam, and fight. I had just joined and trained to Logistic 5 when they disbanded. I haven't left although there is no activity at all just because I don't want to drop the flag. Sometimes still I get a random salute in local. I miss the boys.


Why would you sit in a dead alliance while actually subscribed and playing


Because they are an honorable alliance of friends and gamers as opposed to a group that looks for the cheat codes 2 days after they start playing.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#9 - 2013-05-26 18:11:00 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Andski wrote:
Jet Burns wrote:
Cry Havoc the alliance.


Because they knew how to hot drop, roam, and fight. I had just joined and trained to Logistic 5 when they disbanded. I haven't left although there is no activity at all just because I don't want to drop the flag. Sometimes still I get a random salute in local. I miss the boys.


Why would you sit in a dead alliance while actually subscribed and playing


Because they are an honorable alliance of friends and gamers as opposed to a group that looks for the cheat codes 2 days after they start playing.


As much as I want to read your propaganda anti CCP smear ad, the youtube page has 0 videos and links to a forum thread that explains the reasons why he quit (which I would love to read, understand, analyze and then integrate within my consciousness) is nowhere to be found as it leads to a 404.

So in the end, if he managed to quit over a mechanic he disliked, he left nothing to explain himself and all his work and "understanding" as you put it, is lost on all of us.

Could you care to explain the "why´s" of his departure or provide a working link?

I am very much interested in hearing about the ideas this ex-eve player had or has regarding the game and the reasons that made him quit.

I also miss no one, EVE is filled with the dead accounts of irreplaceable people ... very much like the Real World, though sometimes, deep in the night, when I am alone in my small cottage eating turnip soup , I recall some friends whose accounts are as dead as of those that were important in here, but I gladly go back to my soup.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

floating in space
#10 - 2013-05-26 18:16:21 UTC  |  Edited by: floating in space
Apparently he couldn't restart his account for free.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#11 - 2013-05-26 18:17:33 UTC
i don't think i've ever had turnip soup.

floating in space
#12 - 2013-05-26 18:17:34 UTC
Quote:
It seems that some of the VALID ways to extending game time are seen as second rate because they're good enough to keep an account rolling but not good enough to actually restart it. Done on purpose? Oversight?


Quote:
I would like to thank the GM for finally handing me the last straw, I've been trying to quit since 2009 but kept clinging on. No drama, no tears. I'd like to thank everyone, both friendlies as hostiles and, damnit, even Goons for trying to make the best of this ****** game.
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-05-26 18:18:09 UTC
I suppose if I am to answer honestly, I miss Freddie Mercury.

Not that he was an EVE player, or Dutch -- but he made the rockin' world go 'round all the same.



"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-05-26 18:20:47 UTC
floating in space wrote:
Apparently he couldn't restart his account for free.



from what I gather, it seems like it is, indeed, that.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-05-26 18:24:40 UTC
Who?
Corey Fumimasa
Court of Gods
Tsundere Triad
#16 - 2013-05-26 18:30:30 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
...

I also miss no one, EVE is filled with the dead accounts of irreplaceable people ... very much like the Real World, though sometimes, deep in the night, when I am alone in my small cottage eating turnip soup , I recall some friends whose accounts are as dead as of those that were important in here, but I gladly go back to my soup.



The OP wasn't specifically about anyone, if you knew Vilnius then the link would make sense, if not then the question remains; How do the relationships that we form here in New Eden compare to those in the real world?

Turnip soup is a perfectly valid answer.
Haulie Berry
#17 - 2013-05-26 18:33:11 UTC
You have an amazing proclivity for dramatically posting about **** that absolutely nobody can possibly give a damn about.
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-05-26 18:50:53 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
He is Dutch; once upon a time they controlled the world. If you graph population over control over time the Dutch are very close to the top of the list.


*Stops reading, leans back and helps himself to another crumpet while gazing longingly at the teapot*


Wait, Jamaicans ruled the world?

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#19 - 2013-05-26 18:54:10 UTC
The more relevant part seemed to be that he was using Hours-for-PLEX on a monthly or frequent basis, which was considered abusing the system.

It seems the terms of Hours-for-PLEX are not clear enough.
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-05-26 18:55:50 UTC
The Russians called him Vilnius nastavnik, the Vilnius schoolmaster.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
123Next pageLast page