These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Can't use any of the hacking tools? Well, Odyssey is coming to you and COSMOS sites

Author
Energetic Monk
Wayforward Emergent Technologies
#1 - 2013-05-25 09:40:17 UTC
With the introduction of can spewing as a result of a successfull use of a hacking tool ( Analyzer ) in a COSMOS site, there's no need to have trained the ability at all.
What's needed is a ship capable of entering and tanking the COSMOS site that's available, a cheap T3 for the higher class will be fine.
Being able to salvage is optional.
The rest are as easy as it is to undock, just follow people around and wait for them to do the hacking. Then scope as many spewed can as possible. Salvage if you like additional income while you're there.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#2 - 2013-05-25 17:23:26 UTC
Will these exploration sites be in all SEC spaces equally? (ie: HI,LO,NULL,&WH)
If so what will the diferences be in loot value say between NULL&LO sec?
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Energetic Monk
#3 - 2013-05-25 19:22:00 UTC
COSMOS sites are located in HI, LO and NULL, there's none in WH
I've never done any COSMOS stuff in NULL, first after i left the area i was in, i found out that one was a couple jumps away:)
In HI there's 2 differences in prices, prices for materials needed to manufacture the "Storyline modules", these normally doesn't pay that well so it's a volume thing, at least that is what i use them for.
The other part are the various skill books that are present in HI: Sleeper Technology, Takmal Technology, Talocan Technology.
These have a current buy price ranging from 90-130M in Jita ( price taken from Jitonomic ). And these are the ones people are hunting.

LO COSMOS seems to have been left out to dry, so it's probably done by someone that are hunting for the faction ship BPCs, that are doing them to get the faction standing increase.

Since i never done any LO/NULL-sec COSMOS i have to qoute Evelopedia page for COSMOS Constellation List,

"The eight 0.0 COSMOS constellations are scattered around the EVE universe. Within these constellations, ingredients, blueprints and skills for manufacturing of combat boosters can be found. Each of these eight constellations have their own unique booster ingredient, with the more advanced boosters requiring ingredients from all over the universe. ",

which suggests that NULL would be more profiable then LOW or HI in the long run. Getting access to COSMOS areas in NULL are depending on the current SOV-holder for respective area tho.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#4 - 2013-05-25 21:13:44 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Will these exploration sites be in all SEC spaces equally? (ie: HI,LO,NULL,&WH)
If so what will the diferences be in loot value say between NULL&LO sec?

Umm. See above. These aren't new sites, it's just an unintentional tweak to existing sites.
Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#5 - 2013-05-27 01:50:57 UTC
The amount of random capitalization between you two is a bit ridiculous. o.0

Anyway...it's not like someone couldn't come along and ninja the can already...

thhief ghabmoef

Energetic Monk
#6 - 2013-05-27 04:19:11 UTC
Fronkfurter McSheebleton wrote:
The amount of random capitalization between you two is a bit ridiculous. o.0

Anyway...it's not like someone couldn't come along and ninja the can already

Nope, if you didn't have an analyzer on the can you can't open it.
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-05-27 08:47:02 UTC
Fitting the Analyzer will in all cases reduce your ability to tank and the rat damage (and persistent respawns) at these sites can easily run out of control. Further, having to solve the mini game while being under constant fire is also a hazzle.

It is indeed much easier just fitting the ship for tanking and scoop the scattering containers from others... well, except if you get a Suspect Flag doing that, of course.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online LorebookÂ