These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So my client crashed and now im stuck in a far away sector with no place to go.

Author
Asherum Hailcon
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-05-24 17:29:35 UTC
I was having fun exploring anomalies and wormholes when my client crashed. After I was able to log back in I was in a capsule with no way points left to head to and no way to get back to my home station. I put in a petition for help using the website (didn't know if it made a difference in game or in the support website). I was curious how long the response time from GM's might be. If anyone has any ideas on how I can get back so I can at least get to my other ships id appreciate it. Strangely enough the rookie channel in game told me I was screwed and that no one would get back to me. Figured the least I could do was get feedback here in the forums.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#2 - 2013-05-24 17:32:02 UTC
There's really only one way out for you.

Right click your capsule... select "self-destruct".

Go do something else for 2 minutes... really you don't want to be there when it goes down man.

Hope your clone is current.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Vincent R'lyeh
Screaming Hayabusa
#3 - 2013-05-24 17:44:05 UTC
And if you go back always bookmark your exit wormholes

doesn't help if they collapse but thems the breaks

I have deliberately developed an air of cynicism that I originally intended to make me appear somewhat louche and caddish but actually comes across as irritable hostility combined with the unspoken threat of sudden violence.....

Merouk Baas
#4 - 2013-05-24 18:37:36 UTC
Always bookmark wormholes so you can go back to them in the pod.

If you're going to self-destruct, break comms silence first and see if anyone'd be willing to probe the way out for you. They may come and kill you instead, but the end result is the same as you self-destructing your pod, so it's worth a try.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-05-24 18:39:32 UTC
assuming you are in a wormhole, you COULD try to ask for help in the wormhole forum. since you already are in your capsule, you do not have a lot to lose. just don't forget to mention that you are a newbie and the wormhole's name (a.k.a. J-number).

I should buy an Ishtar.

Asherum Hailcon
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-05-24 19:30:36 UTC
I had the worm hole bookmarked but the book mark is gone now. I guess ill check out the wormhole forum and try as you all suggested thx :D
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-05-24 20:06:30 UTC
You'll likely get mocked in the WH forum and even if someone's willing to help, they'll likely ask a steep 'reward' (and maybe blow you up anyway).
Just suicide, at 7 days old you have no worries about clone upgrades and I doubt you have hugely expensive implants
Anyura
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-05-24 20:43:21 UTC
Well, if you're in a sector far, far away you could probably get a lift off the Millennium Falcon.

If you're only in a sector that's far away, you're probably boned.
Albionsblade Parry
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-05-25 01:02:10 UTC
That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

Johnny Mandel