These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Blasting through Null and kinda surprised...

Author
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#1 - 2013-05-24 06:35:05 UTC
FINALLY I have some time for eve after about a year... I'm shooting through null scammin' and what do I find? Nothing. A lot more nothing than I expected. No bubble camps. No patrols. Nothin'

Yah I'm in a cloaky nullified tengu, but I may as well have taken an iteron V. Every 20 jumps I find a frig or something... but even they are jumping at shadows, jumping through gates as soon as I'm in sys without even seeing what I'm in.

What happened?!

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Clansworth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-05-24 06:36:11 UTC
Gogela wrote:
FINALLY I have some time for eve after about a year... I'm shooting through null scammin' and what do I find? Nothing. A lot more nothing than I expected. No bubble camps. No patrols. Nothin'

Yah I'm in a cloaky nullified tengu, but I may as well have taken an iteron V. Every 20 jumps I find a frig or something... but even they are jumping at shadows, jumping through gates as soon as I'm in sys without even seeing what I'm in.

What happened?!

no one else could log on?
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#3 - 2013-05-24 06:39:34 UTC
Clansworth wrote:
no one else could log on?

Really? ShockedLolRoll

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-05-24 06:42:25 UTC
Risk/Reward imbalance and general 0.0 mechanic stagnation pulled everyone back into highsec.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#5 - 2013-05-24 06:48:05 UTC
Which part of space was it?
Britta Nolen
Sama Guild
#6 - 2013-05-24 06:50:43 UTC
Null sec is very boring outside of fleet fights and/or decent roams.
pussnheels
Viziam
#7 - 2013-05-24 07:13:50 UTC
Gogela wrote:

What happened?!

what time did you do this and what space
alot of nullsec activity takes place in a few hubs and dead end systems and most traffic use jumpbridges to travel from a to b
so yes it might looks empty for most part

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Danni stark
#8 - 2013-05-24 07:22:17 UTC
aww, op thinks he's worth undocking for. how cute is that?
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#9 - 2013-05-24 07:27:08 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
what time did you do this and what space
alot of nullsec activity takes place in a few hubs and dead end systems and most traffic use jumpbridges to travel from a to b
so yes it might looks empty for most part

Moved through Drone regions, then Wicked Creek, just bounced out of HED-GP... tabula rasa.
Danni stark wrote:
aww, op thinks he's worth undocking for. how cute is that?

Don't player hate... congratulate!

Danni stark
#10 - 2013-05-24 07:28:25 UTC
Gogela wrote:
congratulate!

for what?
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#11 - 2013-05-24 07:29:48 UTC
Danni stark wrote:
Gogela wrote:
congratulate!

for what?

Uh... ...for being awesome. Obviously.

Danni stark
#12 - 2013-05-24 07:35:48 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Danni stark wrote:
Gogela wrote:
congratulate!

for what?

Uh... ...for being awesome. Obviously.

are you sure you're posting in the right thread?
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#13 - 2013-05-24 07:42:24 UTC
Danni stark wrote:
are you sure you're posting in the right thread?

I don't even know where I am. Shocked

...or where my nose is.

Herr Esiq
Viziam
#14 - 2013-05-24 07:42:48 UTC
You found a good argument to freeport a lot of stations around 0.0, so people can actually live there.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#15 - 2013-05-24 07:46:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Herr Esiq wrote:
You found a good argument to freeport a lot of stations around 0.0, so people can actually live there.

Fountain has NPC stations... I like Fountain. Not many others do though it seems... smattering of Godfathers and occasional TEST nubs... pretty empty atm too...

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#16 - 2013-05-24 07:58:32 UTC
It's almost like people have been saying there's no incentive to actually be doing stuff in space in nullsec for three years now.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#17 - 2013-05-24 08:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Varius Xeral wrote:
It's almost like people have been saying there's no incentive to actually be doing stuff in space in nullsec for three years now.

If that's really the case it's gotten REALLY bad. Worse than I thought it could get. Last time I ran this route (granted it was over a year ago) there were lots of camps. Every day. Going through Providence now and totally empty. So many lonely outposts....

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-05-24 08:04:42 UTC
Gogela wrote:

What happened?!

It is not like no one knew you were flying around. You were reported in a Tengu, which 99% of all T3's in null that are flying solo are cloaky and nullified. Which of course means you are uncatchable. So why bother undocking and or stopping the bearing to chase a ghost?

Now if you did take an Iteron V, well then you would have immediately jumped into a 50 man bubble camp with links and triage carriers on standby.

Welcome to null. Blink
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#19 - 2013-05-24 08:07:48 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

It is not like no one knew you were flying around. You were reported in a Tengu, which 99% of all T3's in null that are flying solo are cloaky and nullified. Which of course means you are uncatchable. So why bother undocking and or stopping the bearing to chase a ghost?

Now if you did take an Iteron V, well then you would have immediately jumped into a 50 man bubble camp with links and triage carriers on standby.

Welcome to null. Blink

Maybe. I haven't seen 50 people collectively in 150 jumps.

Karig'Ano Keikira
Tax Cheaters
#20 - 2013-05-24 08:14:24 UTC
I did some 0.0 roams in stealth bombers with idea of fishing stuff, so perhaps I not experienced enough, but my experiences were pretty much:
- pipes to highsec are camped, not 23/7, but very often
- pipes to low-sec close to highsec are camped, less often then ones to hs though
- pipes to low-sec far from high are generally empty
- null itself, well... it seems that most people don't mine in 0.0 and that most of them rat in well protected systems deep in their alliance territory and these systems are well defended and quite busy - bad for fishing as they will react form defense long before you reach them or will just PoS up. Rest of 0.0, well... pretty much no one around - few explorers here and there, but these are very rare and very paranoid, rest is mostly large gangs or solo people in interdictors or frigs.
- personally, conclusion was that hunting explorers or noob ratters might be interesting, but it is extremely time consuming - you might spent hours without seeing anything, perhaps even days.
123Next pageLast page