These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Charged for a Game I cant play!

First post First post
Author
Andrea Griffin
#21 - 2013-05-23 17:36:23 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Disciple 12 wrote:
The customer service sucks. Ive put up a petition, Logged a bug. no answer in 3 day.
The customer service sucks? Have you actually met CCP? Best customer service of any game developer, ever.
CCP's customer service is pretty damn good. I've never, not once, had an unhappy ending.

Yes, sometimes it takes a little while for them to answer a petition, but sometimes they get flooded with them. The recent issues with the launcher probably didn't help. When the queue is low I've had response times in minutes.

Anyway, rage posting here won't get you the help you need. If you take a deep breath and post something in the technical help section of the forums (not a rant, but something that actually identifies your issues) you might have your problems fixed by some of the other players.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#22 - 2013-05-23 17:47:02 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
So my credit card was just charged my monthly fee. What sucks is I have been unable to play since Monday. If I ran my business like they do here I'd have lost all my customers and been out of business a long time ago.
The customer service sucks. Ive put up a petition, Logged a bug. no answer in 3 day. I've even uninstalled the game and reinstalled (after 2 hour download) and it still wont work. great update by the way.
At the very least I think I should get credit for the time I cant play. But it'd be real nice if someone answered my petition.

Petitions get answered in order of importance.

Angry, whiny rant petitions are the biggest category and you are near the bottom of that huge mess of entitled diatribe that CCP's GMs have to wade through.

I feel bad...for them.

Mr Epeen Cool
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-05-23 18:24:16 UTC
Andrea Griffin wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Disciple 12 wrote:
The customer service sucks. Ive put up a petition, Logged a bug. no answer in 3 day.
The customer service sucks? Have you actually met CCP? Best customer service of any game developer, ever.
CCP's customer service is pretty damn good. I've never, not once, had an unhappy ending.

Yes, sometimes it takes a little while for them to answer a petition, but sometimes they get flooded with them. The recent issues with the launcher probably didn't help. When the queue is low I've had response times in minutes.

Anyway, rage posting here won't get you the help you need. If you take a deep breath and post something in the technical help section of the forums (not a rant, but something that actually identifies your issues) you might have your problems fixed by some of the other players.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Even when I was asking the wrong questions in a petition, CCP or GM told me WHY they were telling me no, and how to avoid my predicament in the future.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-05-23 20:48:51 UTC
What about all the players who don't come to the forums?

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Beltze Sorgin
BSSLD Explorations
#25 - 2013-05-23 20:53:05 UTC
Petition & a leetle patience is your friend Smile
Tasha Saisima
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-05-23 21:03:57 UTC
Ccp banning accounts for chargebacks now? Just like EA?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#27 - 2013-05-23 21:10:45 UTC
Tasha Saisima wrote:

They have always done this.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2013-05-23 21:11:49 UTC
Tasha Saisima wrote:

Chargebacks hurt businesses, especially gaming companies, since chargeback rates are high in online gaming. No business should continue dealing with a customer that does that, period.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Praetor Meles
Black Mount Industrial
Breakpoint.
#29 - 2013-05-23 21:19:09 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:

Stopped reading there.

Whatever the issue, I can guarentee that bleating about it in GD will definitely hasten resolution. Yes Sir-ee. Guarenteed.

[insert random rubbish that irritates you personally] is further evidence that Eve is dying/thriving*

• delete as required to make your point
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-05-23 21:51:39 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
What sucks is I have been unable to play since Monday.
Why?

Disciple 12 wrote:
If I ran my business like they do here I'd have lost all my customers and been out of business a long time ago.
EVE's growth says differently.
Fernando MRuiz
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-05-23 22:04:51 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Disciple 12 wrote:
What sucks is I have been unable to play since Monday.
Why?

Disciple 12 wrote:
If I ran my business like they do here I'd have lost all my customers and been out of business a long time ago.
EVE's growth says differently.

So do ISPs, cable providers, cell phone carriers... I could go on all day. The real questions here are simple. 1) Did they charge you for a month before or after you noticed the game wouldn't let you in? 2) What does your bank have to do with a charge CCP levied if the charge is otherwise valid?

Also, demanding a refund for being unable to play is a bad idea. If the playerbase as a whole were entitled to refunds just for potential game time lost, CCP would lose millions to players with jobs, classes, kids to pick up to and from school, out-of-town vacations, sleep schedules...

"One must, in one's life, make a choice between boredom and suffering." - Mme. Germaine de Staël

Bob Blunts
#32 - 2013-05-23 22:05:19 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
What about all the players who don't come to the forums?

Those individuals are the lucky ones. They have never had the displeasure of meeting you or reading your awful shitposts.
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-05-23 22:15:34 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Tasha Saisima wrote:

They have always done this.

Well that stinks

P.S I didn't vote for you.
Rebecha Pucontis
Doomheim
#34 - 2013-05-23 22:28:59 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
frothing at the mouth like a rabid sperg lord.

Gotta love the creativity of the writing on these forums :) I couldn't have described the op better myself.
Disciple 12
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2013-05-23 23:16:12 UTC
Mission Domino wrote:
Learn to computer

I have tried every fix I read about.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-05-24 00:06:25 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
Mission Domino wrote:
Learn to computer

Transfer your character to me, and go play Aion. I will pay the transfer fees. Already have my card out.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Disciple 12
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-05-24 00:08:54 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
Mission Domino wrote:
Learn to computer

jesus these forums are useless. Just full of butt-heads that just make things worse instead of maybe offering solution they'd rather just make people feel like ****.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#38 - 2013-05-24 00:12:24 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
jesus these forums are useless. Just full of butt-heads that just make things worse instead of maybe offering solution they'd rather just make people feel like ****.
Maybe if you actually explained what issues you're having…?
It's hard to offer a solution if no problem has been articulated.
Rengerel en Distel
#39 - 2013-05-24 00:13:38 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
Disciple 12 wrote:
Mission Domino wrote:
Learn to computer

"I can't play" is hardly information enough to get help.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Mr. Orange
Band of Freelancers
#40 - 2013-05-24 00:14:14 UTC
Disciple 12 wrote:
Disciple 12 wrote:
Mission Domino wrote:
Learn to computer

Stop posting in your own ****** thread, just stop!

Go explore the other threads / stickys / sections for posted solutions.
Previous page123Next page