These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

A n00b question that only a n00b could ask...

Author
monkfish2345
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#21 - 2013-05-22 14:25:03 UTC
well this escalated quickly.........

Tbh i don't think the safety was a bad idea, for new players it was very easy to fall foul of the aggression mechanics with no real understanding of why it was happening, the safety server to help them learn how aggression works which is one an important mechanic to understand.

maybe it was something that could have been put into a tutorial form, but there were already alot of "are you sure" pop ups for agressive acts so the safety served to streamline that a

As for the the trolling and name calling, i'd suggest you htfu a bit. while it seems childish and annoying to you it happens alot and sometimes it will make someone do something stupid in return. you have a block function, make use of it.

Baragen Kreldt
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-05-23 04:36:43 UTC
A n00b question did all of this? Well, all I can say is that I learned more about what to expect when I leave the training grounds and get out into the "real (virtual) world."
Merouk Baas
#23 - 2013-05-23 11:42:50 UTC
Also, it's the essence of trolling (which means don't do it): you ask a question or say something that provokes a strong reaction and many posts, some fighting each other which then degenerates to insults.
Previous page12