These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I got bored of highsec but I'm afraid to go to null

First post
Author
Haseo Antares
Production N Destruction INC.
F O R M I C I D A E
#61 - 2013-05-21 15:13:42 UTC
This is kind of like asking a woman you just met out for a drink...sometimes you just gotta grab your balls and go for it.

We currently have the world's greatest linguists and scientists trying to decode what you just said.

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#62 - 2013-05-23 04:39:20 UTC
Gustoff Jones wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
I went straight to nullsec and I've not really left. Highsec is weird to me. t.

sorry, ain't much on reading :P read ops and one above this, and i didn't go straight to null, spent a while in hi sec, been in null for 3-4 yrs, so i can relate to the So many neutrals that I'm not allowed to shoot, hi sec is just weird any more, got 6 toon hulk fleet, all, now, with combat skills :). Don't roam much, mostly defence, but if you find a good renter corp in null, and learn the ropes of null, hi sec and war dec's don't mean nothing no more , there a joke to me now, guess cause i refuse to even go there, even after a wanna rage quit loss :) null in most cases is safer than hi sec, no one jumps in to gank ya, they come to pop ya, NBSI before it shoots you :) just my 2 cents :)

Clearly you aren't in Delve if you think nullsec is safe. Oh S2n citizens, right, a pet of a crap alliance.

Side edit: You aren't much on writing either.
Steve WingYip
Doomheim
#63 - 2013-05-23 05:13:54 UTC
JD No7 wrote:
0.0 is not half as bad as what you may think, once you have moved there.

Do not take the empire link system camps as how the rest of 0.0 is. It's nothing like.

0.0 is kinda safer than empire because you have local chat which is your best friend. xD
Tasha Saisima
Doomheim
#64 - 2013-05-23 05:19:27 UTC
Npc 0.0 is where it ats
Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#65 - 2013-05-23 05:33:48 UTC
So there was this time that I decided to go to nullsec. I went to a gate and got a little bit sidetracked. I ended up in a freight container headed to jove space.

yes

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#66 - 2013-05-23 05:48:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Steve WingYip wrote:
0.0 is kinda safer than empire because you have local chat which is your best friend. xD

i'm fairly sure that exists in empire too

empire pubbies just haven't figured out how to use it to stay relatively safe because they're a) generally dumb as hell and b) overly reliant on concord

and let's face it you won't get ganked in highsec unless you're asking for it

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#67 - 2013-05-23 05:55:04 UTC
Steve WingYip wrote:
JD No7 wrote:
0.0 is not half as bad as what you may think, once you have moved there.

Do not take the empire link system camps as how the rest of 0.0 is. It's nothing like.

0.0 is an order of magnitude less safe than hisec. However, if you live in 0.0 you learn to provide your own safety rather than relying on NPCs.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

OfBalance
Caldari State
#68 - 2013-05-23 07:32:22 UTC
Stepping out of empire isn't so much unsafe as it is time consuming. You have to make bookmarks, think about where you're going and who might already be there (or at some stop along the way), and you'd be quite wise to consider your long-term plans if you are trapped somewhere. Other than that, it's the usual. Figure out a way to make some isk. Figure out how you want to burn that isk blowing up space pixels.

It all seems quite dramatic, but given a little time and the support of a corp the transition isn't too rough. All but two of my characters live in npc nullsec full-time and I haven't lost a ship that I didn't intend to loose in quite a few months. I have been camped in station from time to time, but again, that comes with the territory.

If you don't have more than one account, I'd suggest investing in a few jump clones and parking an alt in Jita.
Adam Dimaloun
Sector-C Zone
#69 - 2013-05-23 07:55:30 UTC
Well, got my ass into a WH corp with a null static Lol and I still have not finished the logistics stuff (turned out they are more nightmare than the nightmare in null Ugh)
But I'm sure I'll spend good times... already started to see some shiny ships I can shoot, and I'm planning to take a look through that static to null very soon

You guys are awesome Big smile
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2013-05-23 09:24:58 UTC
Maybe things have changed some but when I was living in Null it was a hell of a lot more boring than highsec. The moment anything not blue is spotted it was broadcast to the whole alliance. Then tracked down n ganked by way to many people to make it fun.

Other than that sitting at gate with way too many people at a choke trying to lock and hit something before it exploded.

I think you'll get over your fear quickly there. The upside is heaps of isk for virtually no risk. You can gank at low sec or high as much as you like and make great isk getting your sec status back. .

Truthfully the only time your in danger is when you're in someone else's space and marginally war areas. In your own alliance space you're safer than highsec.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Ultim8Evil
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-05-23 09:34:17 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
It is a silly place... unless you enjoy pushing the pram alot. Blink

Stealth Monty Python reference detected.

Follow me on Twitter for literally no good reason @TheUltim8Evil

Hardin
Imperial Dreams
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#72 - 2013-05-23 09:35:06 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
floating in space wrote:
Just Lilly wrote:
I recommend wormspace, establish your own base of operations from inside a C1, start from there.

Wormholes are a lot scarier than nullsec imo

^ This.

Best bet is to join a ****** alliance like a renter or CVA. Learn the ropes and break the ice when it comes to living in 0.0 then move up from there. Trying to explain being in a ****** renter corp or CVA, however might be problematic later on though.

A lot of great FCs and Leaders got their start in CVA or other Provi alliances. It's a great way to get your feet wet in 0.0...

Amarr Victor

Garresh
Quality Assurance
Straight for the Sun
#73 - 2013-05-23 09:47:21 UTC
Lowsec. Cheap t1 frigates. Go learn to PvP and join the ranks of the awesome.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Nessa Aldeen
First Among Equals
#74 - 2013-05-23 11:55:53 UTC
Adam Dimaloun wrote:
So from the title, I'm really bored from highsec and the boring mining/mission running in there, I'm kind of industry thing with little interest in pvp (I do love to pvp but I have some fear from it, which I'm trying to get over)

I loved EVE too much even if some people told me it don't suite me due to the fact that I fear taking risks (and EVE = risk + win)
I don't want the commitment to be 23/7 nullsec drone or what comes to that, I just want to GTFO from that abomination called highsec and go explore/mine ABC and try get some pvp kills as well

So what did you guys did when you first joined in? any advices to take and work with?
Keep in mind I'm below 10 million SP char, and I can fly all races up to battleships and Minmatar AFs, Amarr AFs with T2 full fits on them, also covops frigs as well

I see EVE as a big affective game to real life as well, because if not for the space, it would be real life with all its politics/risks and mechanics

o/

My dear sir, your fear of null sec is unwarranted. There are many ways to get there and the fact of the matter is, in quite a number of circumstances, it is particularly predictable. It is HI SEC that you should fear due to the fact you may never know what concoction of devilry players can cook up to destroy in the most unpredictable time and fashion.

Join the many nullsec bears out there as their l33t pvper protect the borders while you plonk around with your might mack. Also, feel free to join 'ratting and plexing' gangs that they have. On the pvp side, I would suggest to follow their CTAs in extremely predictable fashion and go out and spend hours shooting POSes. Most times, you will be merrily carebearing away especially if you're not in the main time zone. The only thing you need to know while doing that: safe spots, and POS when a red or neut comes into system.

So, carebear away or pvp, null sec is pretty much the same ole same ole years ago.
Kain Bodom
The Gene Hackmans
#75 - 2013-05-23 12:57:28 UTC
Join BNI.
Adela Talvanen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#76 - 2013-05-23 13:24:58 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
When I went to null I took only what i needed there and left my hisec mission infrastructure intact. A lot of people decide to take everything and then whine how they lost it all on the way in. So only take what you need and then accumulate more while there, leave your hisec stuff in place. It is good to have something to fall back on.

This. ^
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-05-23 13:37:46 UTC
Adam Dimaloun wrote:
So from the title, I'm really bored from highsec and the boring mining/mission running in there, I'm kind of industry thing with little interest in pvp (I do love to pvp but I have some fear from it, which I'm trying to get over)

I loved EVE too much even if some people told me it don't suite me due to the fact that I fear taking risks (and EVE = risk + win)
I don't want the commitment to be 23/7 nullsec drone or what comes to that, I just want to GTFO from that abomination called highsec and go explore/mine ABC and try get some pvp kills as well

So what did you guys did when you first joined in? any advices to take and work with?
Keep in mind I'm below 10 million SP char, and I can fly all races up to battleships and Minmatar AFs, Amarr AFs with T2 full fits on them, also covops frigs as well

I see EVE as a big affective game to real life as well, because if not for the space, it would be real life with all its politics/risks and mechanics

o/

I moved into Null with 2 Million SP. Best thing I ever did...
Mhax Arthie
Doomheim
#78 - 2013-05-23 14:25:53 UTC
I needed some stupid minerals to finish my tutorial mission during my trial and the trolls from the rookie channel, helpfull as always, sent me to a XYZ-00 system 33 jumps away to get it. I returned pissed off because I found no minerals there, but at least a kind sould gave me few million isk at the destination saying that is a reward being stupid but brave. Took me few days to realise that actually that was my first trip into null.

After I finished the scanning tutorial, I ended up into a WH by practicing my scanning skills. I jumped into a site where I had meet few sleepers that got very angry seeing me so I had to exit. A hour later another noob was screaming into the corp chat that he is being trapt into a WH. It was the moment when I had learnt what a WH is and why is not good to enter without probes.

Nothing to be afraid in null if your not there just to **** people off. Most of the times, null is much more friendly and safe than hi sec or low sec. If there is no way you can get over your fear to get into null, grab a beer and a cheap frigate, point on a random location on the outskirt of the map and just go. Just don't use autopilot.
Neddy Fox
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#79 - 2013-05-23 14:40:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Neddy Fox
I was a 6M SP highsec miner nub when I looked for something else to do; after scanning the recruitement forums for a week I contacted a group that lived in nullsec and seemed pretty decent / nice ppl to play with.

Liquidated everything, bought an interceptor and went to null, never to come back. If you have an Industrial background (ESPECIALLY if you know pos reactions) you can make tons and tons of passive iskies, while doing the best in eve : roam/fight with friends, and have fun.

Things to look for :

-Don't fall for Goon scams. You cannot join them unless you already know how to , then you dont need those recruiters anyways.
-Ppl that will help you with skillplans, teach you important things about what they mean for you and your ships.
-Some basic ship replacement programs, unless you have a few billion and don't care.
-Comms, comms, comms. Nullsec/PVP does NOT work if you are microphone shy. Don't want to talk? Forget 95% of any nullsec Alliance.
-Get a jumpclone, fit it with 2 +3 implants (Always train with that in mind) and leave your +5 in empire for easy access to lvl4/iskies.
-Large Alliance DO suffer from wardecs, a lot; ask about it, and let them help you circumvent going to empire (JF services are key, and should be offered for very low prices / fuel cost).
-Go have fun; pilots DO take their pixels way too serious in many cases, but try to understand that FC's are most times very frustrated bittervets who don't like to tell you over and over how to align / fit ships.. Before you start flying , make sure you talk to others in corp how to behave/fly
(Anecdote : First time I ever went in fleet I yelled at some random dude to stop yelling in chat (he was typing in capital letters) , little did I know that he was relaying commands and that it's done with capital letters).. I was kicked out of fleet and killed 5 seconds later :P

-Most important : Don't be afraid for nullsec, it IS actually pretty empty, unless you go out and look for trouble.. trouble will find you then quickly :P
Adam Dimaloun
Sector-C Zone
#80 - 2013-05-23 16:11:13 UTC
So far one of the best posts I've ever seen :D (not because I posted it) because of all this awesome info you guys put

I don't care about losing ships or pods anymore, some stuff you put here are awesome, I'll see how it work out for me in the WH not to mention I already have access to 0.0 from it, so I might put my stuff in 0.0 and live between those 2