These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Freighter changes??

Author
Jove Angel
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-05-23 07:30:26 UTC
Hi

I might be ready this wrong and sorry for posting if I am.

With the up comming patch we know that BC and dessys will be changed and a Sp returned.

However I was looking at the freighter changes and this mentions that a freighter will need advanced spaceship command 5 instead of industrial 5.

Can anyone enlighten me if this is going ahead and if so will there be a sp refund towards the advanced spaceship command?

Apps if this has already been posted like a million times but I cant seem to find the thread

And then it happened. Massive, eerily green blasts erupted from seemingly nowhere, and an Amarrian Apocalypse went up in flames.  "It was a Jovian Mother ship".

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2013-05-23 07:34:51 UTC
Yes there is change.
No you will not get any sp back.
However if you have the skill injected you can train it an fly the freighter anyway.
RaTTuS
BIG
#3 - 2013-05-23 07:35:36 UTC
1) read the dev blogs
2) there is no refund
3) if you can fly it now you can fly it afterwards
4) HTFU

http://eveboard.com/ub/419190933-134.png http://i.imgur.com/kYLoKrM.png

Darling Sheep
CoonQuest
#4 - 2013-05-23 07:42:56 UTC
To be specific the changes are:
Advanced spaceship command V from I
Racial industrial III from V
Danni stark
#5 - 2013-05-23 07:53:34 UTC
do they not teach people to read at school any more?
in my day we were forced to read 1 book a week as homework.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-05-23 07:57:02 UTC
How many times do they have to tell us "if you can fly it now, you can fly it afterwards"?

All the time wasted at dwelling on this nonsense, when we could just all ask CCP "We can has SP remap, after patch?"....

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Singulis Pacifica
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-05-23 07:58:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Singulis Pacifica
Hey Jove Angel,

As Nevyn Auscent and RaTTuS have pointed out, the upcoming change in freighter skill requirements is scheduled for release of Odyssey coming June 4. They also pointed out that there will be no refund.

However, what I would like to add is the question why you deem there is a refund needed.

Up to now, all that is required is racial Industrial V, Adv. Spaceship Command I, and racial Freighter I (along with some other skills) Post Odyssey, it will become racial Industrial III, Adv Spaceship Command V, racial Freighter I (I believe all others remain the same)

Assuming that you have learned Adv Spaceship Command to just I, then post Odyssey, you technically do not meet the requirements to fly a freighter yet, but since you could previously, you will still be able to fly one after the change.

Assuming that you have learned Adv Spaceship Command at V already, then post Odyssey, you not only met the requirements to fly a freighter previously, but now also do so after the change. This essentially means that should you want to fly another type of freighter, you can do so without the need to skill the racial Industrial to V as it just requires III.

The only situation where I could see you have a point is when you have learned two or more racial Industrial skills to V. I have Minmatar and Amarr Industrial to V as I fly a Mastodon and a Providence. Do I feel I've wasted my SP on the second racial Industrial skill (Amarr) to V? A bit, but is it that annoying that I want a refund? Nah, it's not the end of the world, changes in an MMO are as normal as the sun setting in the west. At times, some skills you've learned are no longer a necessity. It happens.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#8 - 2013-05-23 08:34:50 UTC
Singulis Pacifica wrote:
Hey Jove Angel,

As Nevyn Auscent and RaTTuS have pointed out, the upcoming change in freighter skill requirements is scheduled for release of Odyssey coming June 4. They also pointed out that there will be no refund.

However, what I would like to add is the question why you deem there is a refund needed.

Up to now, all that is required is racial Industrial V, Adv. Spaceship Command I, and racial Freighter I (along with some other skills) Post Odyssey, it will become racial Industrial III, Adv Spaceship Command V, racial Freighter I (I believe all others remain the same)

Assuming that you have learned Adv Spaceship Command to just I, then post Odyssey, you technically do not meet the requirements to fly a freighter yet, but since you could previously, you will still be able to fly one after the change.

Assuming that you have learned Adv Spaceship Command at V already, then post Odyssey, you not only met the requirements to fly a freighter previously, but now also do so after the change. This essentially means that should you want to fly another type of freighter, you can do so without the need to skill the racial Industrial to V as it just requires III.

Not quite.

Post patch, the Skill requirements to Fly a Freighter will be the exact same as they are today, namely Advanced Spaceship Command I and Racial Freighter I.

The Skill requirement to Inject the Freighter skillbook are changing.

That's how nested skill requirements work.

@OP: The only instance where anyone is getting any SP refunded is if they have the BC skill trained but no racial cruiser skill trained at all. And then they're only getting the SP that they had put into it, so it's pretty silly for virtually any build to try to take "advantage" of that.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-05-23 09:32:07 UTC
Danni stark wrote:
do they not teach people to read at school any more?
in my day we were forced to read 1 book a week as homework.

Me too. Every day after school my teacher would take me into the cloakroom to read his special books. He said I was the best reader in the whole school. A+ student.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)