These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

DED Complex Changes

Author
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-05-20 15:18:23 UTC
I understand the 3/10 and 4/10 complexes are being changed to not allow T3 ships, but is there any other Complexes that are being changed?
Will unrated complexes stay the same?
Will pirate and navy ships be allowed in 3/10 and 4/10 complexes still?

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Tzu Wu
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-05-20 17:35:10 UTC
Testing a Guristas Watch now.Tengu allowed in.Site seems to work exactly the same.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-05-20 20:12:34 UTC
Thanks for looking into that, if eve wiki is correct a T3 should be able to enter a lookout, once I am able to get on again I will try to find one.

I am also curious about a point that was brought up in another thread, why is it that T3 ships were barred from 3/10 & 4/10 complexes but level 4 missions have not been touched? And incursions have not need touched either?
What makes farming those any different than complexes?

Traiori
Going Critical
#4 - 2013-05-20 20:43:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Traiori
I think in the spirit of these changes, marauderers should be locked out of all level 3 and level 4 missions. Obviously pilots who have taken the time to train the skillpoints and invested the ISK to optimise their ships for running missions are creating unfair competition in hisec for Loyalty Points and they should only be allowed to compete against other similarly advanced players in losec. Maruderers are over powered for L4 missions and I see no reason why these should be allowed to farm unhindered.
Molinator Agnon
Oruze Cruise
#5 - 2013-05-21 02:29:18 UTC
Traiori wrote:
unfair competition in hisec for Loyalty Points

competition is not 'fair' and eve would be a dreary place without it.

loyalty point conversions to isk will ebb and flow with or without marauders in high sec mission pockets.

beyond that, machariels are right up there with efficiency at clearing level 4s if LP is your concern. let's go ahead and restrict pirate faction battleships from mission pockets too, since it's also not fair.

there are more elegant ways to get people into other securities of space.
Wenthrial Solamar
Brand Newbros
#6 - 2013-05-21 03:46:40 UTC
I'm not sure which of the two previous posts I love more :)

+1 to Banning Marauders from DED 3/4's and lvl4 Missions, it is really game breaking the way it is now.

marVLs
#7 - 2013-05-21 06:05:28 UTC
Traiori wrote:
I think in the spirit of these changes, marauderers should be locked out of all level 3 and level 4 missions. Obviously pilots who have taken the time to train the skillpoints and invested the ISK to optimise their ships for running missions are creating unfair competition in hisec for Loyalty Points and they should only be allowed to compete against other similarly advanced players in losec. Maruderers are over powered for L4 missions and I see no reason why these should be allowed to farm unhindered.

Please just no more derp ideas from You...
Noztra Ernaga
m o t i o n
#8 - 2013-05-21 07:53:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Noztra Ernaga
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Thanks for looking into that, if eve wiki is correct a T3 should be able to enter a lookout, once I am able to get on again I will try to find one.

I am also curious about a point that was brought up in another thread, why is it that T3 ships were barred from 3/10 & 4/10 complexes but level 4 missions have not been touched? And incursions have not need touched either?
What makes farming those any different than complexes?

I think the reason is that a mission is just for you, you don't compete with anyone, so just fly whatever you want.

After my initial rage I simply accept the banned Tengu as a fact and am gonna adapt. Probably Navy Cruiser, T2 Cruiser or BC... We will have less scan strength, but considering all those scanning changes making our life easier, I believethe situation will not change that much.

The problem is more than 2 months of training wasted, but it is a different story, maybe one day the tengu will be useful to me once again.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-05-21 11:40:40 UTC
Adaptability is not the issue here, what is the problem with this change is it does not address the actual issue at all.
HAC, with the exception of one, will all be able to fit a probe launcher and a full rack of guns it will move the issue from one ship to the next. Soon people will be complaining about HAC farming complexes in high sec.

Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#10 - 2013-05-21 12:10:24 UTC
This change is a joke in my opinion. Let me get this straight: the ship designed for exploration was too good at exploration so now we arbitrarily forbid it to enter sites which were designed for even bigger ships (and still allow those bigger ships). Did I get that right?

IMO you're doing it wrong though, cause as has already been pointed out the T3s will just shift to HACs or similar stuff that will still beat the crap out of noobs.

So I propose this instead: characters older than 150 days are not allowed in hisec exploration sites anymore.
This could be a trial balloon for the next expansion in which you could broaden this approach to all hisec activities. The name of that expansion could be Eve: Exodus, doesn't that have a nice ring to it? This not only solves the problem of noobs having too much annoying competition in hisec, it would also reinvigorate lowsec like nothing else.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-05-21 12:51:35 UTC
I also don't like the fact that tis bars the T3 form over half the complexes in low sec also

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#12 - 2013-05-21 13:31:42 UTC
"Eliminating T3s will just shift the complaints to HACs"

Probably just best to ban anything except T1 frigates from all sites 4/10 and below. Maybe those are too powerful and we should just restrict them to shuttles. Shuttles can't even find DED plexes, so that should be perfectly balanced.
Ling Gong Chen
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE
#13 - 2013-05-21 13:36:04 UTC
Rob Crowley wrote:
This change is a joke in my opinion. Let me get this straight: the ship designed for exploration was too good at exploration so now we arbitrarily forbid it to enter sites which were designed for even bigger ships (and still allow those bigger ships). Did I get that right?

IMO you're doing it wrong though, cause as has already been pointed out the T3s will just shift to HACs or similar stuff that will still beat the crap out of noobs.

So I propose this instead: characters older than 150 days are not allowed in hisec exploration sites anymore.
This could be a trial balloon for the next expansion in which you could broaden this approach to all hisec activities. The name of that expansion could be Eve: Exodus, doesn't that have a nice ring to it? This not only solves the problem of noobs having too much annoying competition in hisec, it would also reinvigorate lowsec like nothing else.

Then I guess you did not probe enough in high sec in last few days. CCP did not just banned T3 out of 3/4/10 but also reduced a high scale of cosmic signatures. Certainly we can use HAC instead of T3 even if that will cut our efficiency a lot, but everything we do would be pointless when there is nothing to scan at all. And I am not just talking about highsec signature reduce, but the whole damn universe is technically a "clear sky".
So far odessey is such hell of a joke. How could we fulfill the idea of exploration when there is nothing to explore?
Ling Gong Chen
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE
#14 - 2013-05-21 14:17:52 UTC
What I thinking is CCP is apparently trying to marginalize all the free players. Exploration was a very good way to earn easy isks. Many people, like me, actually pay our plex by doing this. Remember all those fixed position 1/2/10 in highsec? That was such an increadible way to make money. You just need to do this for 3-4 days a month and you could easily earn a plex for next month, or even the month after. It was gunned down in retribution after all. However we still got 3/4/10 in highsec, honestly lots of them. Everynight you check out the universe you will see tons of T3 flying in space looking for signatures. And this is not just happening in highsec. In nullsec people did the same thing every moment as well. Although these people are not solo players but they could earn 2 or 3 months plex just in one day. Imagine these people are all having fun just as the actual paying players and they can do this all the time until they get bored by this game. For CCP these people are not giving any contribution to their income and this is totally intolerable. Step one they have taken out of 1/2/10 in the last version and now step two is gonna be the whole universe all together. And this is far from over--there will be a step 3.
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-05-21 14:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
Ling Gong Chen wrote:
What I thinking is CCP is apparently trying to marginalize all the free players. Exploration was a very good way to earn easy isks. Many people, like me, actually pay our plex by doing this. Remember all those fixed position 1/2/10 in highsec? That was such an increadible way to make money. You just need to do this for 3-4 days a month and you could easily earn a plex for next month, or even the month after. It was gunned down in retribution after all. However we still got 3/4/10 in highsec, honestly lots of them. Everynight you check out the universe you will see tons of T3 flying in space looking for signatures. And this is not just happening in highsec. In nullsec people did the same thing every moment as well. Although these people are not solo players but they could earn 2 or 3 months plex just in one day. Imagine these people are all having fun just as the actual paying players and they can do this all the time until they get bored by this game. For CCP these people are not giving any contribution to their income and this is totally intolerable. Step one they have taken out of 1/2/10 in the last version and now step two is gonna be the whole universe all together. And this is far from over--there will be a step 3.

That makes absolutely no sense. People who sub through PLEX end up making more money for CCP then people who pay their subs directly.

Noztra Ernaga wrote:

I think the reason is that a mission is just for you, you don't compete with anyone, so just fly whatever you want.

After my initial rage I simply accept the banned Tengu as a fact and am gonna adapt. Probably Navy Cruiser, T2 Cruiser or BC... We will have less scan strength, but considering all those scanning changes making our life easier, I believethe situation will not change that much.

The problem is more than 2 months of training wasted, but it is a different story, maybe one day the tengu will be useful to me once again.

T3s will serve you very well when you finally decide to go exploring outside highsec. It's one of the main reason I love them, since with one ship and fit I could do anything from 3/10 to 6/10 without problems. Now it's no longer practical to try to do it all on one ship.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-05-21 14:42:44 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:

T3s will serve you very well when you finally decide to go exploring outside highsec. It's one of the main reason I love them, since with one ship and fit I could do anything from 3/10 to 6/10 without problems. Now it's no longer practical to try to do it all on one ship.

I believe this is the truth behind what they want to do. Which is a bunch of crap, the ships come from exploration space, are made using parts found by exploring, and are above all else designed to be used as exploration ships.

Ling Gong Chen
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE
#17 - 2013-05-22 01:45:03 UTC

That makes absolutely no sense. People who sub through PLEX end up making more money for CCP then people who pay their subs directly.

Apparently you did not read my topic above the one you reply.
When I am saying the space is technically a "clear sky", I actually mean it. By my observation since the latest patch the number of cosmic signatures reduce about 2/3. In the last few days I even make some tests, to run 10 random designed path which contain 20 systems in different hours. Guess how much DED I found totally in 200 systems? 8. 8 deds in 200 systems, I even count one 1/10 and two 2/10 in. For god's sake this is the SiSi which only have less than 200 people in the whole universe! Can you imagine what kind of view is that? Now think again, what can you do with your T3 when there is no ded for you to burst at all?
I guess I should just saving my worlds. Go and fly a T1 scanning frigate and take a good look by your own eyes then you will know what I am really talking about.
Amakish
Snipes Incorporated UK
#18 - 2013-05-22 02:27:14 UTC
banning t3's from hi sec ded sites is the single most stupid thing i have ever heard....

if the reason is "balance" then go f*ck yourself.... eve is eve, it was never balanced or fair to begin with!

dont mess with peoples choices!
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#19 - 2013-05-22 05:39:24 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

I believe this is the truth behind what they want to do. Which is a bunch of crap, the ships come from exploration space, are made using parts found by exploring, and are above all else designed to be used as exploration ships.

Except they are not designed above else for exploration. They are modular ships and exploration is no more their focus than is combat, RR or EWAR.

I agree this doesn't solve the issues, far better solution would be to move all 4/10s from hisec to lowsec, and copy 3/10s to lowsec, and ban T3s from hisec completely.

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#20 - 2013-05-22 07:15:38 UTC
Roime wrote:

Except they are not designed above else for exploration. They are modular ships and exploration is no more their focus than is combat, RR or EWAR.

I agree this doesn't solve the issues, far better solution would be to move all 4/10s from hisec to lowsec, and copy 3/10s to lowsec, and ban T3s from hisec completely.

Are you serious? Are you another of the zealot brigade that wants to nerf the living hell out of high sec in order to "encourage" people to move to low and null to be your target practice? Want to make high sec a newbie only starting place where no one can make decent money? Limit everyone to noobships and T1 frigs?

CCP's already nerfed high sec income multiple times. They removed L5 missions, lowered the amount of mission loot, drastically reduced the amount of salvage materials from wrecks, removed the static plexes, nerfed incursions, etc. Then there are the player driven risk factors like suicide gankers, can flippers, ninja looters, wardecs. The risks vs rewards in high sec are pretty well balanced. Attempting to force people to play the game the way you think it should be played, by making it harder to earn isk in high sec, won't make people move. It will just make them move on to another game. It would also make people like me, who earn money in high sec so we can afford our low sec combat habits, less willing to risk shiny ships since it would be harder to replace them. Sorry, I'm not in one of those big alliances that hands out replacement gear like candy.

Also, how would your idea stop people in low sec from similarly farming the sites?

I doubt CCP will take such a ham fisted approach as the ones you suggest. It would just alienate a bunch of customers that I'm sure they would like to keep happy and paying. CCP is in business to make money. The way they do that is by growing the customer base, not making the game a miserable experience for them and driving them away.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

123Next pageLast page