These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So... where is Admiral Yanala?

First post
Author
Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-05-21 16:30:18 UTC
Well, I have the news feeds running and am eagerly anticipating her appearance.

Heh, that the Executor should be obstructing a national hero... laughable.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#82 - 2013-05-21 16:33:54 UTC
Scout Trevis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#83 - 2013-05-21 16:34:59 UTC
What I wonder then is - why the hell does it work in wormholes, where you cant even foretell the location it is supposed to be, but then, suddenly at one of our heroes it fails.

Besides - I am not done yet with my studies about capsule technology, but isnt there always some kind of backup system that still brings you back but with a loss of all the memories you obtained? I for example got told that I once forgot to upgrade my clone apparently and thus lost lots of knowledge I obtained. Sadly I cant remember when I did that.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#84 - 2013-05-21 16:36:47 UTC
Well. Turns out that at least the first part of my hunch was, regretably, entirely accurate.

My condolences to the Yanala family.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#85 - 2013-05-21 16:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
It works in wormhole-space because FTL comms work via quantum entanglement, which has a theoretically unlimited range and doesn't actually need to go via the stargate network. It's a common misconception that our comms go via the gate network - what happens is that the gates replace and recharge our routers for us as we travel.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Raven Solaris
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-05-21 16:39:42 UTC
Normally I wouldn't be one to indulge conspiricy theorists, or even entertain their existance.

However, not only are cases of clones failing to activate exceedingly rare, almost every cloning accident of any sort can be traced to faulty or inadequate hardware. Are we to be expected to believe that a State Admiral, one important enough to be placed in command of a Titan and the defense of Caldari Prime, had improper tech?

I sincerely hope that the Caldari people are able to get their house in order soon, because something is clearly rotten.
Scout Trevis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#87 - 2013-05-21 16:54:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Scout Trevis
Stitcher wrote:
It works in wormhole-space because FTL comms work via quantum entanglement, which has a theoretically unlimited range and doesn't actually need to go via the stargate network. It's a common misconception that our comms go via the gate network - what happens is that the gates replace and recharge our routers for us as we travel.

Aah thanks for the info. I guess its the communication beacon problem in wormholes that gave me the misinterpretation
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#88 - 2013-05-21 17:15:07 UTC
Admiral Yanala's cloning bay suffered a hardware failure, and we're only now hearing about it?

While I freely acknowledge that the State has no formal obligation to inform its citizenry of such things, it seems strange that it would not have been remarked upon during the initial after-action reports. This would have surely saved us from a great deal of conspiracy-mongering and vitriol, and would have allowed the citizenry to prepare itself emotionally.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#89 - 2013-05-21 17:57:59 UTC
Meh, I guess I have to rewind some old holo reels instead.

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

TomHorn
Doomheim
#90 - 2013-05-21 19:26:51 UTC
Quote:
Well. Turns out that at least the first part of my hunch was, regretably, entirely accurate.

My condolences to the Yanala family.

The Yanala family spit on your condolences Ixiris. President Roden, the navy, intelligence services, criminals ,opportunists killed Admiral Yanala. Federation zealots like you killed the Admiral when they attacked the Shiigeru.

Then you have the gaul to blame the death of the Admiral on the State Executor. You are scum and filth, keep your crocodile tears Ixiris.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#91 - 2013-05-21 20:48:28 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
TOTAL LIE

So many capsuleers getting podded wholesale every day, year after year, and incidents like this are UNHEARD OF!
Hmm.
I bet Aria Jenneth will have something to say about this.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#92 - 2013-05-21 21:31:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Andreus Ixiris
TomHorn wrote:
The Yanala family spit on your condolences Ixiris. President Roden, the navy, intelligence services, criminals ,opportunists killed Admiral Yanala. Federation zealots like you killed the Admiral when they attacked the Shiigeru.

Then you have the gaul to blame the death of the Admiral on the State Executor. You are scum and filth, keep your crocodile tears Ixiris.

I think the Yanala family can speak for themselves. They don't need a Provist nobody with a big mouth and no balls (that's you) to tell outright lies and then pretend it's on their behalf.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Svetlana Scarlet
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#93 - 2013-05-21 22:32:23 UTC
Well. Isn't that...convenient. One wonders how many more witnesses to Heth's incompetence will suffer "accidents" before the CEP finally does its duty. Let us hope the number is smaller than the list of Caldari who have died in pursuit of one man's ridiculous war of self-aggrandizement.
Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#94 - 2013-05-21 22:55:18 UTC
But Ixiris? What about the condolences for all the crews and others you personally killed that day? Go choke on your condolences. New Eden lost a hero after a battle you participated in executing. How many holes did you put in the sides of the Leviathan or her support fleet? How many people were vented into space because you wanted to invade Caldari Prime again?

Do us all a favor. Swallow razors whenever you even considering offering condolences for the deaths of people you helped cause.
TomHorn
Doomheim
#95 - 2013-05-21 23:09:56 UTC
Quote:
I think the Yanala family can speak for themselves. They don't need a Provist nobody with a big mouth and no balls (that's you) to tell outright lies and then pretend it's on their behalf.

I wouldnt be surprised if you were part of the rabble that destroyed the Admiral's ship, which led to her death. If you were just admit that you were responsible, along with others for the Admiral's death when you took part in the destruction of the Shiigeru. Be a man Ixiris. Stop trying to pass your filth by blaming others for the Admiral death

No i dont speak for the Yanala family, but you take part in the killing of their daughter and you send your condolences. Shame on you. Shame on you Ixiris
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#96 - 2013-05-21 23:10:33 UTC
The words of a Sansha thing are worth less than nothing.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Stitcher
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#97 - 2013-05-21 23:17:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Andreus, you really need to learn how to let this kind of thing slide off.

He is right, Horn - do not be so arrogant as to speak on behalf of the Yanala family unless you are, yourself, a member of it. Would you like if if I started to voice opinions on your behalf? You do not have the right to speak for any citizen other than yourself, and don't forget it.

And the claim that you didn't is a lie. It's right there in print.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#98 - 2013-05-21 23:18:51 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if you were part of the rabble that destroyed the Admiral's ship, which led to her death. If you were just admit that you were responsible, along with others for the Admiral's death when you took part in the destruction of the Shiigeru. Be a man Ixiris. Stop trying to pass your filth by blaming others for the Admiral death

No i dont speak for the Yanala family, but you take part in the killing of their daughter and you send your condolences. Shame on you. Shame on you Ixiris

Let's examine.

We were both soldiers on a battlefield. We both risked the loss of our ships and a temporary death, and we were both aware of these risks. I fought for what I believed in, and she for what she believed in. The side for which I was fighting defeated the side for which she fought. It's not my proudest moment but I feel no shame in what I did, and if I was responsible for the death of Admiral Yanala it was far less dishonourable than a Provist and a Sansha trying to use her death as an aegis for their own personal insecurities.

I can grieve for the death of an honourable opponent, and so it is that I grieve for Admiral Yanala, and my condolences to her family are entirely genuine. Whether they choose to accept them or not is their decision.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Cassina Lemour
Staner Industries
#99 - 2013-05-21 23:28:38 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Considering the glowing commendation of which her actions are deserving, I find her absence from national media... conspicuous. She hasn't been seen or heard from since the battle. I appreciate the need for professional quiet on these occasions, but this is a big PR coup for the navy that its best and highest-ranked are so level-headed.

She is probably in one of Heth's Gulags awaiting execution for her failure to create a billion martyrs to fuel Heths crusade.
Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#100 - 2013-05-22 00:30:24 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
The words of a Sansha thing are worth less than nothing.

Observe the Gallentean Loyalist. For lack of an actual response he simply chooses to insult. Shall I bring up camera footage of your battleship pounding on the sides of one of the Caldari capital ships in orbit of their own homeworld? I was there and tried to stop you. Then you had your minions attack and drive me from the battlefield. How many lives do you think could have been saved if I maintained my jammers on you? Gave the crews that much more time to reach escape pods. I hope your dreams are filled with the wails of the dead by your hands.