These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FW accel gate question

Author
Moabama
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-05-12 14:37:43 UTC
Yes I am new to FW and this is only a messenger for the FW pilot.

Went to Caldari space for offensive plex in a fleet of 4.
Three were inside the Small plex, and some enemies were in system.
I was late arrival, warped to accel gate and an enemy was sitting there.
Out of warp I tried to jump through the gate, but it would NOT work. It gave a message something like "Local disruption will not allow"
My ship was not disrupted, scrammed or webbed by the enemy...yet.
I spent my time trying to use the gate. Pressed jump several times with same message and NO jump.
By this time the enemy had me targeted. I finally realized the gate was not going to work and tried to get out.
Now got disrupted and tried to burn out, but did not make it.

Question: What caused the gate to NOT work?

Is there a limit to the number of people inside a plex?
Or does the presence of enemy at the gate cause it to shut down?

Pax Thar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-05-12 14:39:57 UTC
Pled may have been completed while you were in warp. The gate will stay there but the pled is gone and you won't be able to get in.
kraiklyn Asatru
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-05-12 15:01:23 UTC  |  Edited by: kraiklyn Asatru
Moabama wrote:
Yes I am new to FW and this is only a messenger for the FW pilot.

Went to Caldari space for offensive plex in a fleet of 4.
Three were inside the Small plex, and some enemies were in system.
I was late arrival, warped to accel gate and an enemy was sitting there.
Out of warp I tried to jump through the gate, but it would NOT work. It gave a message something like "Local disruption will not allow"
My ship was not disrupted, scrammed or webbed by the enemy...yet.
I spent my time trying to use the gate. Pressed jump several times with same message and NO jump.
By this time the enemy had me targeted. I finally realized the gate was not going to work and tried to get out.
Now got disrupted and tried to burn out, but did not make it.

Question: What caused the gate to NOT work?

Is there a limit to the number of people inside a plex?
Or does the presence of enemy at the gate cause it to shut down?

Most likely you had the small plex selected, you warped to it. On grid of an accell gate you can not warp.(only to offgrid or using the accel gate). The message you got is the message you receive when you spam warp on the small plex after arriving, my guess is that you had the wrong thing selected. Once you are pointed it no longer matters because you can no longer activate the gate.

Try again, this time select the accel gate at soon as you land on grid and while you are still in warp start spamming the activate button.
Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#4 - 2013-05-12 15:02:05 UTC
Sounds like you were trying to warp to the beacon from the accel gate, rather than activating the accel gate.
Moabama
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-05-12 15:11:04 UTC
Templar Dane wrote:
Sounds like you were trying to warp to the beacon from the accel gate, rather than activating the accel gate.

Hmm, this is possible. I could swear I clicked on the gate, but it is possible that I either missed in my haste, or the click was not recognized.
If there is no mechanic for the presence of an enemy to shut down gate, (which is what I was thinking) then I will assume that what you suggest is what happened.

Thank you for your quick answers.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#6 - 2013-05-12 19:28:32 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
You only get the message "Local disruption will not allow you warp there" if...

- you were outside the plex (and on the acceleration gate) then...
-- you probably selected the beacon inside the small plex itself rather than the acceleration gate.

- you were inside the plex itself (where the "button" was) then...
-- you were trying to use the beacon to warp back out... and you simply can't do that. It's not an acceleration gate.
-- you were trying to warp back to the signature of the outpost you were already in directly ("backtrack," if you will). You can't do that (you have to "bounce" off another celestial first).

pro-tip: you cannot directly warp to anything or anyone inside a deadspace pocket... not even fleetmates.
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#7 - 2013-05-13 08:35:37 UTC
You may also want to try warping to plexes at 10, you will still be within 0 meters of the acceleration gate but you won't physically be so close to it so that you don't bump your alignment and get stuck when trying to accelerate in. Always warp to plexes at 10 is a good practice.
1st-Garrentious WispBender
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-05-18 13:24:50 UTC
I can see where you went wrong here, there are quite a few issues with your PvPability. You really should adopt my PvP doctrine, you see I never lose a ship. I simply remain docked up, watching Netflix. Your second mistake other then undocking, was that you attempted to engage (most likely superior Caldari psychopaths) in their own systems! How do you even expect to over ship your target gank?!?!?! Four friends? We're you fighting a Caldari condor pilot??? You really need to sort it out and get some more people on gate with you. Otherwise this wouldn't of happened.

Did I mention the Federal Defense Union is recruiting?

Benjamin Hamburg
Chaos.Theory
#9 - 2013-05-18 19:03:41 UTC
What was the size of the plex and what was your shiptype? You should already know that, but Novice only let Tech 1 frigate pass, Small: tech I/II frig and Destroyer, Medium: cruiser and Large: Unrestricted. If not, you could petition your loss.
David Caldera
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-05-21 15:26:26 UTC
Benjamin Hamburg wrote:
What was the size of the plex and what was your shiptype? You should already know that, but Novice only let Tech 1 frigate pass, Small: tech I/II frig and Destroyer, Medium: cruiser and Large: Unrestricted. If not, you could petition your loss.
In such a case the client opens a window clearly telling you your ship type is not allowed, so I'm assuming that wrong ship type was not the problem in this particular situation.