These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I think we need a employment history cleaning service~

First post
Author
ISD Gallifreyan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#41 - 2013-05-21 10:19:44 UTC
Interestng idea, however I do not think this will happen in the near future.
This game is about the interaction between players and the consequenced of that interaction.

I do like the idea to add Character Ownership change notification in corp history.

ISD Gallifreyan

Lt. Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCL)

Interstellar Services Department

JackknifedII
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#42 - 2013-05-21 10:39:14 UTC
I don't decline people based on their history. Because my own history is potentially suspect.

Minmatar....we are generally unpleasant to be around....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC81MDW6dFa41VdNTt-pTl1Q

Always recruiting

Kelby
#43 - 2013-05-21 13:10:26 UTC
This is why I like EVE Board.... looking at the rankings for people who use the site theres a guy with 346 employers. Looking at his history I think this might be something he is doing on purpose Big smile
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#44 - 2013-05-21 13:13:08 UTC
There are supposed to be consequences to jumping corps every 2 weeks.
ROXGenghis
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2013-05-21 13:30:22 UTC
As Galli and Akirei say above, I prefer my Eve with consequences.
Doomhowler II Augustus
Incestuous Cult of Paranoid Swamp People
#46 - 2013-05-21 13:34:40 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
I remember a time where corps would decline you simply for having been in too many corporations. Period.

my corp declines applicants because they end their forum posts with 'period'
Mag's
Azn Empire
#47 - 2013-05-21 13:35:51 UTC
ROXGenghis wrote:
As Galli and Akirei say above, I prefer my Eve with consequences.
Not empty quoting.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Devil Fruit
Dragon Can Surf
Silent Infinity
#48 - 2013-05-21 15:13:09 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
I just got denied a PVE corp cause I did pvp for 10 days. :/ so silly.

that is really ridiculous!

I am nothing but a humble busboy.

Devil Fruit
Dragon Can Surf
Silent Infinity
#49 - 2013-05-21 15:21:24 UTC
Mik Nostrebor wrote:
One advantage of a long employment history is that it can lock up the info window for a while. IE If you are jumping through low sec and a pirate checks you out, it can lock them up for up to 30 seconds. :) I have been whined at by pirates specifically for that. OK, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.

LOL and i think they will got shock by your portrait for like 10 sec~

I am nothing but a humble busboy.

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#50 - 2013-05-21 15:22:52 UTC
Roime wrote:
Devil Fruit wrote:

well it will help for guys just want it to be short

well most guys and girls want it to be long and thick

I .... naaaaa ... I better don´t.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

knobber Jobbler
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#51 - 2013-05-21 15:24:31 UTC
Devil Fruit wrote:
like pay some isk to some specific NPC and you can change your employment history to their corporation.cause a lot null sec
alliance will decline your application just because your history. and if you can change your history EVE will be more real cause if is in the real life you cant always just get those information so easily.and it will also creat a lot jobsfor spies.
and of course it shall cost a lot and maybe charge according to your SP~

Gotta live with the consequences of your decisions.

I cry myself to sleep that I can no longer join -A- or Raiden because of mine.
knobber Jobbler
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#52 - 2013-05-21 15:26:14 UTC
ISD Gallifreyan wrote:
Interestng idea, however I do not think this will happen in the near future.
This game is about the interaction between players and the consequenced of that interaction.

I do like the idea to add Character Ownership change notification in corp history.

So I sell my own character to myself and hey presto, I can claim I'm someone else and not a spy ;)
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#53 - 2013-05-21 15:28:11 UTC
It's all crap anyway. I buy and sell a lot of toons and people are always crapping about "my" employment history...
uglybast
Doomheim
#54 - 2013-05-21 15:36:54 UTC
Most idiots replying in this thread didn't bother to read the OP and so have confirmed their idiot status.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2013-05-21 15:51:14 UTC
Devil Fruit wrote:
like pay some isk to some specific NPC and you can change your employment history to their corporation.cause a lot null sec
alliance will decline your application just because your history. and if you can change your history EVE will be more real cause if is in the real life you cant always just get those information so easily.and it will also creat a lot jobsfor spies.

Any corporation not willing to even speak with you is a fail.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#56 - 2013-05-21 17:52:18 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:
Devil Fruit wrote:

It isn't a fail to look at a long, consistent history of joining corps only to leave weeks or even days later and decide "I'm not going to waste my time." Some players have extremely unrealistic expectations or are just plain socially ******** - a consistent history of failure to integrate means taking a chance with them will probably end in them bailing after a short period or AWOXing. Not even worth thinking about for more than a few seconds.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#57 - 2013-05-21 17:56:34 UTC
It should stay for the simple reason that it's nice to see if you are a chickenshit corp jumper before I let you in to a place where you are expected to be a productive employee.

Mr Epeen Cool
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-05-21 18:22:11 UTC
Devil Fruit wrote:

How about simply creating a 3rd party site using API to have people vouch for you?

Like a list of references.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#59 - 2013-05-21 18:36:02 UTC
For those concerned about corp history issues their is one very easy way to help you get into corps.

Stop corp hopping.

When a person has been in his last corp for over a year and shows to have been actively training during that time the previous corp hopping is far less of an issue.
(( Compare age of character to the SP levels when you get the limited API ))

It's the fresh corp hoppers and those with big gaps in training that scream spy.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2013-05-21 19:05:15 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
Devil Fruit wrote:

It isn't a fail to look at a long, consistent history of joining corps only to leave weeks or even days later and decide "I'm not going to waste my time." Some players have extremely unrealistic expectations or are just plain socially ******** - a consistent history of failure to integrate means taking a chance with them will probably end in them bailing after a short period or AWOXing. Not even worth thinking about for more than a few seconds.

There is nothing wrong with simply asking someone a question about their corp history. You never know, it might have been for JC services (no rorqual) or sometimes corps simply combine, merge, or split.

The decision to not "waste your time" is of course your own, but in the game of Eve that's a nearsighted view.

I myself have no problem hiring someone, and that person deciding within days that the job isn't for them. Better to decide early on than to waste BOTH of our times. Or worse, become complacent.

o/

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.