These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Check Out My Wallet Journal API: new scam =?

Author
Dub Step
Death To Everyone But Us
#21 - 2013-05-09 18:34:08 UTC
Erotica 1 is an attention seeking scammer just like the rest of them. Anyone dumb enough to fall for these tired and obvious scams deserves it.
Feer Truelight
#22 - 2013-05-09 19:38:21 UTC
Princess Saskia wrote:
Feer Truelight wrote:
If it's too good to be true, it's scam.

Not even like worthy, you must be new here.

Ah, a monocle-wearer. Therefore always right. I forgot, sorry Blink

8/7/2006 3:39:36 PM UTC FreeCCP Promotional Game Time 7 Days Paid

6/1/2012 5:48:57 PM UTC PayPal 1 x 1 Month EVE Subscription + Signup €19.95 Paid

CCP took 6 years to convert me to a (still) paying subscriber :)

Zymel
Omega Mining Inc
#23 - 2013-05-21 07:34:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Zymel
Im not complaning about this, but yes i paid him 50m to see what would happen.

2013-05-21 07:26:25 Mal Dizzle Zymel -300,000,000.00 Your reward for playing RISK: 300m ISK!
2013-05-21 07:25:20 Zymel Mal Dizzle 50,000,000.00 risk

Ok here is the wierd part, i never got the money yet his wallet said he did. I cannot figure out how he did it.

This is a very good scam, and I love a mystery. Anyone have any idea's?

http://eve-api.com/wallet-journal.php?pubkey=902f9a9044968e22d0a9250083b83b44
The Forum Alt
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2013-05-21 07:55:22 UTC
Zymel wrote:
Im not complaning about this, but yes i paid him 50m to see what would happen.

2013-05-21 07:26:25 Mal Dizzle Zymel -300,000,000.00 Your reward for playing RISK: 300m ISK!
2013-05-21 07:25:20 Zymel Mal Dizzle 50,000,000.00 risk

Ok here is the wierd part, i never got the money yet his wallet said he did. I cannot figure out how he did it.

I sent the money honest! See look at my wallet. Must be a problem with the EVE ISK transfer system - you can't trust banks. Give it a day or two.
Draqone an'Alreigh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-05-21 08:20:14 UTC
Zymel wrote:

You assume the website he links to is legit. Roll

Inducing the proliferation of common sense throughout EVE Official forums since April 27th, 2013.

Zymel
Omega Mining Inc
#26 - 2013-05-21 08:26:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Zymel
Draqone an'Alreigh wrote:
Zymel wrote:

I think its a safe assumption...
Malak Dawnfire
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2013-05-21 08:45:24 UTC
Erotica 1 doubled my ISK and now I'm space rich!

Pirate
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-05-21 10:30:02 UTC
Zymel wrote:
Zymel wrote:

eve-api.com wrote:

Considering the API-Key Reader is still in BETA Stage the registration is not automatic, so feel free to contact us at: [email protected]
for a manual approval and registration (be sure to include your character name for verification)

this made me think it's not regular API reader site. I've never seen this before. I mean: every site i visited allowed me easy registration without any "manual approval" and all this stuff.

So after all it looks like easy: they just filter out some transactions manually or somehow. thus not legit

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Draqone an'Alreigh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-05-21 11:12:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Draqone an'Alreigh
March, they just probably have an option to add "custom" transactions to the data they pull from the API. Blink Meaning the site can display any values as it's not directly from the API.

Inducing the proliferation of common sense throughout EVE Official forums since April 27th, 2013.

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
The Initiative.
#30 - 2013-05-21 11:58:41 UTC
Princess Saskia wrote:
Probably just shouldn't send isk to 'isk doubler's'

Only to the legit ones of course!

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Velicitia
XS Tech
#31 - 2013-05-21 12:09:44 UTC
Zymel wrote:
Zymel wrote:

that's not the CCP API server. can probably get faked API info put in

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Onomerous
Shockwave Innovations
#32 - 2013-05-21 12:22:24 UTC
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Do not bad-mouth the good name of Erotica 1, she is EVE's only true ISK doubler, she doubled my ISK.

I won the lottery once so everyone wins the lottery? Isk doublers are a scam including your friend/alt/rump lover.
Cleidh Mohr
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-05-21 12:25:55 UTC
Debates on ISK doublers and scams aside, why would you go visiting random pages that some scammer has posted in local?

Seriously, just past your username and password in a Private Chat to them and contract them all your stuff.

Now, you might think I'm being paranoid, but there is an awful lot of scammers pasting this exact same text. If you were harvesting for account details, you'd cast as wide a net as possible. Most likely is just unimaginative bandwagon hoppers, but if it isn't already, it's only a matter of time before somebody is using this to direct you to malicious websites.

All sorts of dangerous stuff can happen to you. At best you'll lose your ISK to a scam. Worst, you'll be losing your account.

Don't visit strange links (they don't have candy or puppies)

eve-api.com is NOT related in any way to the CCP api website. It was created in April 2013 through a proxy domain host on Cloudflare.

launching code to install a keylogger on your machine after you've visited my website and given it all manner of permissions because you want your ISK doubled would be pretty easy. Now I have all your ISK, and your items and I can sell your characters on the bazaar. Scarily, I could even do this just by you visiting my web page, or clicking on an image, liek the one of the wallet you want to look at...

But it's okay, visit this api link page and I'll double them all for you. That's right, 6 character slots and duplicates of all your items! http://malwareinjections.ru

Play with scammers by all means, but don't go visiting random links from people you already know to be less than honest.
Tiger Armani
End-Game
#34 - 2013-05-21 12:41:44 UTC
If there ever would be a LEGIT isk doubler, he/she would publish his/her full api-key.

And it would be even more transparent, if the donater would actually GIVE you ISK without any stupid doubling.

Have to give Erotica1 some props, he really tries hard (but fails).
Unfortunately 90% of people are dead stupid.

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#35 - 2013-05-21 12:48:36 UTC
Feer Truelight wrote:
If it's too good to be true, it's Eve.

+1

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Muad 'dib
The Nine Nine
#36 - 2013-05-21 13:08:32 UTC
You had me at API now....

SHUT UP AND TAKE ME MONEY!!

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#37 - 2013-05-21 13:47:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Himnos Altar
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Do not bad-mouth the good name of Erotica 1, she is EVE's only true ISK doubler, she doubled my ISK.

She can double MY ISK any time she wants.

Cool

But my guess for how people might in theory perform this intelligence test? They would have studied the API, and how it functions. Then, they route an actual API to a dummy machine, perform some whatsis-chicanery with the code to add customs transactions, then route that entire thing in one package (CCP API+Added data) to a "legitimate" API-display site.

No idea if this would actually work, but that's my rough guess.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-05-21 14:17:49 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
Zymel wrote:
Zymel wrote:

From the website:

eve-api.com wrote:

1. EVE-API.COM is in no way affiliated or related to EVE Online or CCP websites, EVE-API.COM is an independent website with no connection to CCP.

2. EVE-API.COM is in no way affiliated or related to battleclinic.com website.

3. EVE-API.COM is in no way responsible if the data displayed on our website is wrong or misleading.

4. EVE-API.COM is in no way responsible for whatever uses people find for the data displayed on our website.

5. EVE-API.COM is in no way pretending to be the actual API of EVE Onine, EVE-API.COM is simply JUST an API Reader.

Here: http://eve-api.com/
(click on "Terms of Service")

#5 obviously is incorrect, as the website is being used as more than "just an API Reader". It's actually a scam.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#39 - 2013-05-21 15:15:45 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
Princess Saskia wrote:
Probably just shouldn't send isk to 'isk doubler's'

Hey now, Erotica 1 is way legit. True story.

I have seen Erotica1 in Amarr several times ... the experience has been ... entertaining!

I will not vow or disavow her, but it is truly an experience! Big smile

o7

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Mark Eginald
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-06-14 22:26:29 UTC
Hi Guys.

I am new - but in real life love targeting scammers - and this one is.

He does not give you any money - just takes it and fakes the entries that say he has paid you.

I paid 200 mill - to see what would happen and nothing - 200 mill isk less and a fake entry saying he has paid me 2.2 billion isk.

Other newbies keep away - this game is not like other online games were scammers are banned - just do a name serch and hopefully comments like mine will come up and save you some ISK.

If you want easy money - mine, trade, do missions etc. Its slow but its guaranteed.