These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hull critical flashing banner

First post
Author
bowlofmilk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-05-19 09:10:40 UTC
How do i turn this off. It makes me feel like i am in a disco Sad

or give us an option to click - yep i am not blind and can see, i have gone into hull

Docking isn't always possible, to stop it affect.

Akturous
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-05-19 09:56:56 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
There's one for shield and armour as well, it's so annoying I can't believe they thought it'd be a good idea, like I'm not aware I'm in hull.

Please do not evade the language filter's steely gaze. -ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Vote Item Heck One for CSM8

culo duro
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-05-19 10:13:18 UTC
i cry alittlebit everytime i'm doing a 1v1 and it's telling me i'm in hull.

It's really bad for new bros too, you shouldn't be scared of going into hull anyway.

I've starting blogging http://www.epvpc.blogspot.com 

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#4 - 2013-05-19 10:38:31 UTC
As a good thing, 2 of 3 notifications are - when flying in a shieldfleet - hopefully lingering long enough to still read them in your pod. It's not like in a gang of 3+ fighting another gang of 3+ you'll ever get to actually pay attention for more than one second to that notify.
Akturous
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-05-19 11:21:49 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
As a good thing, 2 of 3 notifications are - when flying in a shieldfleet - hopefully lingering long enough to still read them in your pod. It's not like in a gang of 3+ fighting another gang of 3+ you'll ever get to actually pay attention for more than one second to that notify.

It covers where I have my targets, it's stupid, serves no purpose and it's function is already covered by the HUD and the alarm sounds.

They need to go.

M'aak'han
C-7
#6 - 2013-05-19 17:49:20 UTC  |  Edited by: M'aak'han
CCP Masheen wrote:

These new animated UI elements are tied to the existing Audio Alerts. We have created this feature with extensive player customization, some features we choose to be pre-calibrated but with this feature you will have options. You can set the thresholds at which you are warned or disable them completely and the new UI has been designed to fit with all other existing HUD elements.

I haven't tested this feature yet, but maybe all the options are not in the current build of the client. Anyway, it should be highly configurable once live. I just hope we'll be able to disable from any one to all of the three warnings as we see fit.

Edit : linky https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3026305#post3026305
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2013-05-19 17:59:56 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
M'aak'han wrote:
CCP Masheen wrote:

These new animated UI elements are tied to the existing Audio Alerts. We have created this feature with extensive player customization, some features we choose to be pre-calibrated but with this feature you will have options. You can set the thresholds at which you are warned or disable them completely and the new UI has been designed to fit with all other existing HUD elements.

I haven't tested this feature yet, but maybe all the options are not in the current build of the client. Anyway, it should be highly configurable once live. I just hope we'll be able to disable from any one to all of the three warnings as we see fit.

Edit : linky https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3026305#post3026305

You can config that stuff where you used to config the audio alerts:
click on the menu in the lower right corner of you HUD, select something like "Alert setting" (not sure what it's called), and you should be able to disable it there.

If it doesn't work to turn it off there it might be a bug.

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#8 - 2013-05-19 20:21:57 UTC
Jesus, people will cry about anything these days...

For the record I like the fact my ship makes a bigger deal about dying horribly, in fact I would go so far as to say that it should make an even bigger deal in the final moments just as your pod is ejected. I mean the scrolling text is fine, but it's not quite dramatic enough.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

bowlofmilk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-05-19 21:12:16 UTC
thanks CCP Karkur i responded to that thread

Oberine Noriepa
#10 - 2013-05-20 00:24:12 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:

For the record I like the fact my ship makes a bigger deal about dying horribly, in fact I would go so far as to say that it should make an even bigger deal in the final moments just as your pod is ejected. I mean the scrolling text is fine, but it's not quite dramatic enough.

Haha. I agree. It would be cool if some more information was displayed, but what we're getting at the moment is certainly nice as well. P

Akturous
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-05-20 00:45:59 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:

Spoken like someone who never spends any time pvping.

Can you turn off the flashy alets whilst keeping audio alerts on?

Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#12 - 2013-05-20 03:43:39 UTC
Akturous wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

I like to read that more as 'Spoken like someone who never spends any time dying.'

That said, there needs to be a separation in the options between audio alert and visual alerts, as well as a volume control specifically for audio alerts, separate from UI sound volume. Some sounds are far more important than others.

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#13 - 2013-05-20 05:53:44 UTC
Ruze wrote:
Akturous wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

I like to read that more as 'Spoken like someone who never spends any time dying.'

That said, there needs to be a separation in the options between audio alert and visual alerts, as well as a volume control specifically for audio alerts, separate from UI sound volume. Some sounds are far more important than others.

If you never die you're doing it wrong.

Also i would like to second that there must be a way to turn off this visual thing without turning off the audio alert.. Because that one is really useful and not overly annoying.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Akturous
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-05-20 08:05:03 UTC
Especially when you alt tab out whilst leaving your alt on a gate in low sex then hear the screaming sounds of your shield being vapourised.