These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Thoughts on the next iteration of ship rebalance? (Post-Odyssey)

Author
Nero Synapse
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-17 15:34:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Nero Synapse
Bored, Just thought I would stir the pot and ask what types of ships others would want to see/think will be rebalanced next?

Personally I'd like to see marauders redone to make them more relevant, as much of an open-ended statement that is.
Nylith Empyreal
Sutar Rein
#2 - 2013-05-17 15:43:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Nylith Empyreal
Assuming tweaks fro the cs and the bs go through, HACs maybe marauders.

I think they'll probably start with t2 frigs and go up like they've done with t1.

Who's the more foolish the fool or the fool who replies to him?

Shaden Nightwalker
Tryblium Sanguinis
#3 - 2013-05-17 15:44:12 UTC
I'd like to see another Black Ops rebalance (not necissarily a buff).
It is such a nice class, but mostly used as a bridging ship.

There are so many possibilities to make them awesome...
Nero Synapse
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-05-17 15:50:05 UTC
Shaden Nightwalker wrote:
I'd like to see another Black Ops rebalance (not necissarily a buff).
It is such a nice class, but mostly used as a bridging ship.

There are so many possibilities to make them awesome...

I can only imagine, As someone who has yet to use them (but could inject the skill at any time to start) I think in the right way black ops and marauders could add a lot of value to the battleship class, seeing as many people find BC's to be better alternatives for the price (especially after Odyssey from what I've read). of course they'll only be more expensive due to the increased cost of the T1 hulls, but oh well.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-05-17 15:56:08 UTC
I'd like to see certain AFs get a bit more speed, but I'm not so sure that's needed. Next up will probably be EAFs and HACs

CCP has no sense of humour.

Anyura
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-05-17 16:22:40 UTC
Phantasm wants hugs.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2013-05-17 16:24:39 UTC
more faction, the t2 ships, capitals (oh god) and t3 cruiser (the nerfs will burn like the sun and the tears will flood the world)
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-05-17 16:31:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
t3 cruiser (the nerfs will burn like the sun and the tears will flood the world)

I can't wait.

Stan'din
Pandemic Alpha
#9 - 2013-05-17 16:41:36 UTC
Some Rando wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
t3 cruiser (the nerfs will burn like the sun and the tears will flood the world)

I can't wait.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Your about as much use as a condom dispenser in the Vatican.

Thorne Zyman
Golden Goose Research
#10 - 2013-05-17 16:43:42 UTC
I'd like to see the recons redone with the t1 changes in mind.

Can't wait for a 4/6/5 Huginn with missile rof / painter and missile damage / web range bonuses.
Danni stark
#11 - 2013-05-17 16:49:06 UTC
it'll be the industrials, and they're doing a similar thing to mining barges.

so it'll be ****, and fail horribly.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2013-05-17 16:51:38 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Danni stark wrote:

The exhumers are getting a slight nerf to their tank in the next patch. I dont think the miners have seen that change yetLol
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-05-17 16:54:11 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Danni stark wrote:

The exhumers are getting a slight nerf to their tank in the next patchLol

Covetor/Hulk and Retriever/Mackinaw need to trade tank as well, but with CCP pandering to the AFK crowd I doubt that'll happen.

tbh I'm curious how CCP will do ~trade-offs~ with industrials.

Danni stark
#14 - 2013-05-17 17:01:49 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Danni stark wrote:

The exhumers are getting a slight nerf to their tank in the next patch. I dont think the miners have seen that change yetLol

what is it, 5% shield resist nerf? really not that big of a deal. to be honest, it'd be nice if exhumers had enough cpu/grid to fill all the slots but i guess reasonable fitting requirements are too much to ask. even more so for ice mining setups where you have more cpu hungry modules AND you lose a rig slot.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2013-05-17 17:03:49 UTC
Danni stark wrote:

what is it, 5% shield resist nerf? really not that big of a deal. to be honest, it'd be nice if exhumers had enough cpu/grid to fill all the slots but i guess reasonable fitting requirements are too much to ask. even more so for ice mining setups where you have more cpu hungry modules AND you lose a rig slot.

We here at Bat country have run the maths and we are very much looking forwards to summerBlink
Danni stark
#16 - 2013-05-17 17:10:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Danni stark wrote:

We here at Bat country have run the maths and we are very much looking forwards to summerBlink

marvelous.

can i pay you in nitrogen isotopes for blue standings?
having said that, skiffs and procurers might finally find a use! because until now, they really haven't been a worth while ship to mine in.
Holgrak Blacksmith
Prophets of Motav
#17 - 2013-05-17 17:20:51 UTC
I am looking forward to marauder/pirate BSs being looked at.
Charlie Jacobson
#18 - 2013-05-17 17:21:05 UTC
Rattlesnake wants its "Special Ability: 50% bonus to Cruise Missile and Torpedo velocity" replaced with something useful. Cruise missiles already travel further than it can target before this bonus is applied, and with just 4 launchers and no damage bonus, it's not like these are really doing any worthwhile damage anyway.
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-05-17 17:28:26 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Danni stark wrote:

Looks like all that whining and complaining paid off for you guys.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2013-05-17 17:30:27 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

Looks like all those valid points and real figures paid off for you guys.

Fixed that.

And no it hasnt, the skiff and procurer are still invalidated by the retreiver and mack and to a lesser extent the hulk and coveter are also outclassed by the mack and retreiver. The lineup is still unbalanced.
12Next page