These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Battleships mineral changes on sisi

First post
Author
velox
Silver Guardians
#21 - 2013-05-17 08:56:39 UTC
I can see nothing ahead that would convince me that a price drop would come in minerals ever the summer, I think the opposite will happen, when you consider that it will now take more minerals to make all of the rebalanced hulls without an increase in minerals hitting the market then demand alone will lift the price.

V.
xNEWxTROLLxHEREx
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-05-17 14:49:10 UTC
No one should be building a majority of the rebalanced ships for the forseeable future.
Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#23 - 2013-05-19 00:58:55 UTC
velox wrote:
I can see nothing ahead that would convince me that a price drop would come in minerals ever the summer, I think the opposite will happen, when you consider that it will now take more minerals to make all of the rebalanced hulls without an increase in minerals hitting the market then demand alone will lift the price.

V.

You are assuming that the current prices match consumption. Current prices might reflect the overproduction due to price speculation from game developer induced inflation. I will very happy to be on the other side of that trade this summer.
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#24 - 2013-05-20 09:25:53 UTC
I don't have hard data to back this up but it seems that minerals are currently being vastly over-consumed (more being added to the ship stockpile than leaving the game through ship destruction).

Post patch Tier 1 BS will no longer be built, along with Tier 1 BC as well as other ships that still sit behind build price. I think prices have recently been driven by people stockpiling for the patch changes, unless there is some future speculation about some new change like we have seen with BS and BC I see mineral prices dropping, probably considerably.

However unlike normally where people would make best efforts to dump hard before a patch changes no one wants to drop minerals into anything other than Tier 1 BS, so I think it's more likely the market will take a gradual decline rather than a sudden drop, just because there will be so few minerals hanging around.
Previous page12