These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

cloaking and system jammers

First post First post
Author
Ammillia Dragous
#1 - 2013-05-15 18:01:21 UTC
Fix the cloaking!, cloaking devises are high slots , I say Battleships and up should be able to run them and maintain being cap stable but cruiser and down should not be able to continue to run them without running out of cap , should not be cap stable.
and or , make cloaking ships able to be scanned down with a system scanner or certain scanning skills.

Also my thoughts on system jammers is that if you are running a system jammer in your system , that should make all cynos, covert cynos included jammable.

With this said , unless your in a large alliance which is still no guarantee . you as a independent corporation will not survive.
I've been playing eve since 2003 (beta) and used to be with the large alliances but grew tired of the ongoing BS politics. I've gone the independent route and since have seen nothing but everything in each patch (laughs) upgrades go for the pirates of the game and screw the industrial side. No benefits for the miners out there....oh wait they gave us and useless mining frig LMAO!. There is no "safe" space , not even in 1. sec status where it is supposed to be.

Eves pathetic sandbox approach is only good for the pirate/ganker

I will not be wasting my money on this game anymore nor will I be having anything to do with CCP or their obvious money grab for their 10 year collectors package.

Yes I'm sure to be flamed by the wannabe pirates and gankers and yes some are really good at what they do and don't rely on cheap tactics to do it. The 1 vs 1 is long gone along with any honor that went with it.

but this game was to be for all types of game play and not all people want to pvp. Unfortunately ccp sees it differently , promises one thing but does not provide in the end. surprise surprise !

Good luck to the remaining industrialists out in eve
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-05-15 18:15:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
Use D-scan, minimize local.

It's not that scary, trust me. Stop being a wuss.

And BO cynos were designed to go behind enemy lines and jammed systems.

You've been playing since 2003, I would like to have your stuff.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Ammillia Dragous
#3 - 2013-05-15 19:30:21 UTC
thanks for proving my point
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-05-16 03:01:58 UTC
Ammillia Dragous wrote:
Fix the cloaking!, cloaking devises are high slots , I say Battleships and up should be able to run them and maintain being cap stable but cruiser and down should not be able to continue to run them without running out of cap , should not be cap stable.
and or , make cloaking ships able to be scanned down with a system scanner or certain scanning skills.

Also my thoughts on system jammers is that if you are running a system jammer in your system , that should make all cynos, covert cynos included jammable.

With this said , unless your in a large alliance which is still no guarantee . you as a independent corporation will not survive.
I've been playing eve since 2003 (beta) and used to be with the large alliances but grew tired of the ongoing BS politics. I've gone the independent route and since have seen nothing but everything in each patch (laughs) upgrades go for the pirates of the game and screw the industrial side. No benefits for the miners out there....oh wait they gave us and useless mining frig LMAO!. There is no "safe" space , not even in 1. sec status where it is supposed to be.

Eves pathetic sandbox approach is only good for the pirate/ganker

I will not be wasting my money on this game anymore nor will I be having anything to do with CCP or their obvious money grab for their 10 year collectors package.

Yes I'm sure to be flamed by the wannabe pirates and gankers and yes some are really good at what they do and don't rely on cheap tactics to do it. The 1 vs 1 is long gone along with any honor that went with it.

but this game was to be for all types of game play and not all people want to pvp. Unfortunately ccp sees it differently , promises one thing but does not provide in the end. surprise surprise !

Good luck to the remaining industrialists out in eve

Cloaking isn't broken. Cyno's aren't broken. You have all the same tools available as everyone else to mitigate risks, avoid ganks & so on. Choosing not to use them is your own fault, not CCP's.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Ammillia Dragous
#5 - 2013-05-16 04:50:41 UTC
coming from a guy in one of the larger alliances
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-05-16 07:55:49 UTC
Ammillia Dragous wrote:

BS or bigger? No. Makes no sense. Some counter to it, skill or module? Maybe, that idea has traction

Ammillia Dragous wrote:

No, blackops are made to get past jammers, it is what they do.

Ammillia Dragous wrote:
seen nothing but everything in each patch (laughs) upgrades go for the pirates of the game and screw the industrial side. No benefits for the miners out there....oh wait they gave us and useless mining frig LMAO!. There is no "safe" space , not even in 1. sec status where it is supposed to be.

Twice wrong. Miners have been given more tank and more options. There are folks making BILLIONS with your useless mining frigs. And NOWHERE is New Eden is supposed to be 'safe'. That is working as intended.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#7 - 2013-05-16 08:29:11 UTC
Ammillia Dragous wrote:

The amount of Butthurt in the OPs post is off the scale.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

dark heartt
#8 - 2013-05-16 08:50:54 UTC
The cloaking stuff has already been talked about to death (and shouldn't be changed), but as an industrialist I cannot refuse the bait you have left here, so here goes

To begin I am not a pirate, I have never ganked, I do not scam and rarely PVP. I am a miner. I build ships, weapons and ammo. More recently I've started getting into exploration. I am not here to flame you, I am here to try and show you just how flawed everything you've said is.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-inferno-1.2
That link is the patch notes for Inferno 1.2. In there if you scroll down just past halfway, there is a part where they list the changes made to mining barges and exhumers. That was a sizable buff to the defenses of those ships, quite a positive change for mining.

The Venture is not useless. Far from it in fact. It serves two purposes: 1, Allowing new players to get into a serious dedicated mining ship a hell of a lot faster than before and 2, Acting as a cheap ship you can mine in dangerous areas in. As Mike as already said, there are people making literally billions using the Venture.

As far as the 'safe space' is concerned, that is completely by design. Eve is all about player created conflict and types of emergent gameplay. Every aspect of the game is PvP, including mining (getting to the ore first before the belt has been mined, hauling the ore back to a trade hub without getting ganked, competing with other players to get the best price on the minerals are all Player vs Player). The game has been marketed for as long as I can remember as a cold, harsh, unsafe environment where success is fought for, not given to you on a silver platter.

The game does allow for all types of gameplay, but just like a literal sandbox, some kids like building sandcastles and others like to kick them over. You have to accept that people play differently to you even though that might be at odds with how you like to play and could even lead to conflict between you. I have been ganked a couple of times in the last few months, and yet I can say both times I learned something and both times it was my fault. I ignored the rules I had in place to stop that sort of stuff happening.

Also, 'honour' is a concept that only favours the loser so of course you think there is no honour. 1 v 1 exists (just ask the RvB guys how many 1 v 1's they can get). Also a 'cheap tactic' is just something that you haven't taken advantage of yet.

So instead of posting a ragequit thread and complaining that CCP doesn't love you anymore, maybe you can learn from the mistakes you've made and try to avoid them in the future. I hope you actually read this, and understand where I am coming from.

PS. That 10 year collectors package is not a money grab. It is something for people like me who love Eve and want something to show for it. Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean others don't.
Grarr Dexx
Blue Canary
Watch This
#9 - 2013-05-16 15:21:39 UTC
Ammillia Dragous wrote:
coming from a guy in one of the larger alliances

If ad hominem is the best way for you to argue, maybe you should stop posting.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-05-16 17:01:59 UTC
Ammillia Dragous wrote:
thanks for proving my point

I live in a place where local doesn't exist, and as such, afk cloaking doesn't exist.

It doesn't stop me at all, in fact I like it. I find myself more immersed in the game, paying more attention.

Stop being scared.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#11 - 2013-05-16 17:06:35 UTC
Here's the solution!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=search&search=cloaking&forumID=267

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#12 - 2013-05-16 21:14:39 UTC
As there are many threads in Assembly Hall regarding the same topic, some of them actually quite large and elaborate, this thread gets a lock.

16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)