These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

[Odyssey] Clone Costs

First post First post
Author
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-05-14 22:01:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
I just saw (thanks Reddit) that the clone cost adjustment for Odyssey went to Singularity with the latest update. I didn't realize this would happen so quickly and I didn't have a post ready so I'm throwing this up in the middle of the night!

Basically, for Odyssey we are lowering the cost of clone upgrades across the board by 30%. This is meant as the first increment on a more thorough iteration on the clone system. Our hope is that through this first step we will be able to establish what (if any) effect clone prices have on player behavior. If you have any feedback related to the clone system (especially in terms of how it affects your play-style) we would love to hear from you.

I'm sure image links are usually not ideal for dev posts, but it is the middle of the night, so here is a screen shot of the new clone prices proposed for Odyssey: CLONES

Yours,
CCP Rise

@ccp_rise

Lucas Quaan
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2013-05-14 22:03:32 UTC
All is forgiven. \o/

Well, most anyway. :)
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#3 - 2013-05-14 22:03:41 UTC
30% is a good start, but I would love to see the increases when you get up to the next clone decreased as well

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Sala Cameron
North Eastern Swat
#4 - 2013-05-14 22:04:27 UTC
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#5 - 2013-05-14 22:05:16 UTC
Ha Checkmate, well play CCP

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Ruze
Next Stage Initiative
#6 - 2013-05-14 22:06:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruze
Thank you. It really is one of the few things that make being a higher sp player worse than a new player. I've made alts to pvp with to avoid some of the cost of clones on alt character.

Can we get insurance changes for tiericide ships, too? Cause they aren't adding up.

If you're driven to threaten others with harm or violence because of what they do in game, you can't separate fantasy from reality. That "griefer/thief" is probably more sane than you are. How screwed up is that?

Ali Aras
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-05-14 22:07:11 UTC
This is awesome. I mostly hear about people who don't want to come on roams because their clone cost outstripped their rifter cost a while ago, and I'll probably be there once the BC changes go through and I've got a few million more free SP. I'm really looking forward to how this shifts playstyles.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog

Drunken Bum
#8 - 2013-05-14 22:07:20 UTC
Its a start i guess.

After the patch we're giving the market some gentle supply restriction, like tying one wrist to the bedpost loosely with soft silk rope. Just enough to make things a bit more exciting for the market, not enough to make a safeword necessary.  -Fozzie

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-05-14 22:09:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Il Feytid
Just remove them completely and move the ISK sink somewhere else related to the cost of ships. That way it scales on the ship risked in combat instead of how long the player has been subscribed to the game.

I wrote an article on why clone costs need to be removed completely HERE. Of course ignore the idea of the insurance removal in it.
Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#10 - 2013-05-14 22:10:03 UTC
Very happy about this.

Can't wait to see if it has an outward effect on people's attitude/willingness to pvp more often.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-05-14 22:13:42 UTC
Mangala Solaris wrote:
Very happy about this.

Can't wait to see if it has an outward effect on people's attitude/willingness to pvp more often.

It will help a little. A complete removal is the best move in my opinion.
Elise Randolph
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2013-05-14 22:15:58 UTC
You guys are victims of your own success. Small ships are so fun to fly, everyone wants to be able to fly them without forking over 40m for a clone.

Great start, hi5

~

Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#13 - 2013-05-14 22:18:52 UTC
Drunken Bum wrote:
Its a start i guess.

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#14 - 2013-05-14 22:19:21 UTC
So getting podded in 0.0 in a 1m frigate still costs me 32m.
Cameron Zero
Sebiestor Tribe
#15 - 2013-05-14 22:19:24 UTC
I fully support this product and/or service. And, while this might "benefit older players more than newer ones", it benefits everyone, in the end.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. …"

Implying Implications
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-05-14 22:21:44 UTC
How much ISK do clone upgrades take out of the economy?
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2013-05-14 22:22:33 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
So getting podded in 0.0 in a 1m frigate still costs me 32m.

For now, but if that makes a lot of people happy as a first step, it may cost much less in the not too distant future.

@ccp_rise

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-05-14 22:23:45 UTC
I want clones to be a commodity :)

Still a good change, keep 'em coming
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#19 - 2013-05-14 22:23:50 UTC
What about the (sentry) drone fixes, are they on sisi yet?

Clone costs don't have any impact on my pvp, since you asked.

pmchem
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-05-14 22:25:23 UTC
Two step wrote:
30% is a good start, but I would love to see the increases when you get up to the next clone decreased as well

This.

Hell, EVE's economy and press releases need people to get out there and die in ships. Just make the clone costs 1 isk per level of clone. Stupidity Tax if you don't update it.

https://twitter.com/pmchem/ || http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/community-spotlight-garpa/ || Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

123Next pageLast page