These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tier 3 BCs Nerfed pre-release

Author
DrDan21
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-11-03 19:40:31 UTC  |  Edited by: DrDan21
Because I love that sound

"http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2011/11/pre-nerfed.html" wrote:
all four of the new tier 3 BCs are getting significantly nerfed before they even get released. All four are being reduced from Recon-quality tanks down to T1 cruiser-quality tanks. More significantly, all four are also having their mass significantly increased; this should result in speed reductions of 250-300m/s across the board. More significantly than that, all of them are also receiving large fitting nerfs. The Naga is being hit the hardest, and is losing a low slot, two role bonuses, 40 grid, and 45 CPU. It will be a "dual-bonused" ship for weapons, keeping the hybrid range bonus and the torpedo velocity bonus. That drops it to the least impressive of the four.

The Talos is second-hardest hit, losing its drone bay and its 90% web, but gaining a tracking bonus and a speed increase. CPU and grid are dropping by 40 and 50, respectively. The Oracle is also being hit hard, losing its best-in-class tracking in favor of a cap usage bonus and seeing its range bonus traded for a damage bonus. It's also losing 50 CPU. It's easy to see where these three changes are coming from: someone clearly tried out flights of the newly-buffed destroyers on these three tier 3s... and the destroyers got themselves murdered. That's clearly unacceptable, so every one of these nerfs affects the ability of these ships to track and destroy smaller targets. If these ships are a rock aimed at the scissor of capital ships, CCP obviously wants to make sure that paper still covers rock.

The Tornado is least-affected of the four, only receiving a 30 CPU nerf, which will nevertheless make fitting it much harder.

Princess Cellestia wrote:
Also take note from what we've seen on the designs, these things will most likely only have 4 guns. Making them even more useless.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#2 - 2011-11-03 19:42:43 UTC
Please don't dual bonus the Naga.

Katrina Oniseki

Nimrod Nemesis
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-11-03 19:43:32 UTC
CCP is clearly trolling.
Antal Marius
Allied Operations
Mechanicus Macabre Immortale
#4 - 2011-11-03 19:43:49 UTC
The final stats of the ships still haven't come out!

The latest "leak" is a second pass at them. They are still being worked on. We can complain once they hit SiSi, but CCP hasn't let them go there yet because the ships are no where near ready.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#5 - 2011-11-03 19:44:22 UTC
clearly.

If they can't decide on a weapon bonus for the Naga, just give it tank bonuses. Make it the most tanky of the four.

Katrina Oniseki

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#6 - 2011-11-03 19:45:01 UTC
blog is blog

Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-03 19:45:20 UTC
In the hands of an experienced pilot, no ship in the game is completely combat usless... except a shuttle.

Add ramming speed option to game pl0x.
Serial Chi
White Knights of Equestria
#8 - 2011-11-03 19:47:33 UTC
lol ... nerfed... before its even released.... lol. the post WoW generation still makes me laugh.
Heimdallofasgard
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#9 - 2011-11-03 19:47:41 UTC
Oh my god... you've never even freaking flown the ship and you're complaining about it...

some people...

jeese...

Cunane Jeran
#10 - 2011-11-03 19:48:50 UTC
This is the most stupid thing I've read today

For some reason, and really I have no idea what it is, everyone seems to thing some initial stats, on a in house test server is final, it's quite clear that more work needs to be done to balance what was there, it was a start.

Stop crying nerf over something that doesn't even exist in any meaningful form beyond some untextured models. God damn people! its getting stupid now.

What you need to take away from this post:

• The stats are a very VERY early testing builds
  • The stats are very much subject to change so we don't all end up flying one mobile pwn machine
  • Wait till it hits Sisi, then start worrying about the damn stats.
DrDan21
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2011-11-03 19:54:57 UTC
Heimdallofasgard wrote:
Oh my god... you've never even freaking flown the ship and you're complaining about it...

some people...

jeese...

your making the mistake of thinking I'm actually upset :sun:
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#12 - 2011-11-03 19:56:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Large Collidable Object
Despite all the data discussed being preliminary, I think the changes are quite sensible.

These things are Tier3 T1 BCs - Some of them having bonuses previously only known from T2 and pirate faction ships in combination with the ability to fit more large guns than most BSs can was ridiculous to begin with.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
SilentSkills
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2011-11-03 20:08:35 UTC
they are making glass cannons, and a sensible stepping stone from BC to BS.

Tier 3 cannot be a cookie cutter ship like tier2 BCs are. Otherwise tier 1 and 2 BCs will become useless.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#14 - 2011-11-03 20:21:10 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

On this particular instance, the first pass that was spread around was particularly off the chart and needed to be brought down to more realistic numbers.

Nuff said.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.