These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Navy Battleships

First post First post
Author
Jason Sirober
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#141 - 2013-05-13 19:55:11 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Jason Sirober wrote:
He clearly states that It won't go the same way as the T1 version. If you're right, why not give the Navy Domi a similar improvement and give it a 600m3 drone bay?

Navy geddon gets Increased tank, Capacitor AND dronebay.

Navy Domi gets Increased tank, little bit of Cap AND ?????

yes more drones is good.

Yeah if you're Amarr
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#142 - 2013-05-13 19:59:31 UTC
Navy Hyperion, Abaddon, Rokh and Maelstom - when?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#143 - 2013-05-13 20:00:27 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Elise Randolph wrote:
Some really cool stuff. Navy Apoc and Scorp are the big winners here, but the Raven and Phoon also look sexual. I do appreciate the throwback nature of the Navy Domi, as well.

There are some significant changes with cruise missiles and missile platforms in general. The final thing that I think is holding cruise missiles back is the HP of the missile itself. The cruise missile has the same HP as a heavy missile combined with a slower speed. The translation, of course, is that the missiles can be smartbombed off fairly trivially. That and the cruise missile platforms aren't exactly mobile. It would be a shame if these great ships get marginalized because of missile mechanics.

what if missiles had 99% resistance?

Until there's an ewar that works on missiles like TDs do, I think it's good that smartbombs can counter them

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

HazeInADaze
Safari Hunt Club
#144 - 2013-05-13 20:01:51 UTC
I was hoping to see a navy domi with a +1 drone bonus.

I think the navy domi should be the ultimate drone boat, the rattlesnake can have more tank, more damage, but the navy domi should be the hallmark drone ship. Make it big, slow, and give it a swarm of drones to reach out and touch someone.

Unless there is a plan for a rogue drone domi that has a +1 drone bonus... I'm fine with that too.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#145 - 2013-05-13 20:02:49 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Elise Randolph wrote:
Some really cool stuff. Navy Apoc and Scorp are the big winners here, but the Raven and Phoon also look sexual. I do appreciate the throwback nature of the Navy Domi, as well.

There are some significant changes with cruise missiles and missile platforms in general. The final thing that I think is holding cruise missiles back is the HP of the missile itself. The cruise missile has the same HP as a heavy missile combined with a slower speed. The translation, of course, is that the missiles can be smartbombed off fairly trivially. That and the cruise missile platforms aren't exactly mobile. It would be a shame if these great ships get marginalized because of missile mechanics.

Until there's an ewar that works on missiles like TDs do, I think it's good that smartbombs can counter them

about that... you are now in a position to make that happen well poke them enough so they make it happen... also would save capital missiles...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#146 - 2013-05-13 20:03:53 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Elise Randolph wrote:

On the other hand, smartbombs as "anti-missile ewar" are far more efficient than any available anti-turret ewar...

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Jason Sirober
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#147 - 2013-05-13 20:04:01 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
perhaps remove some turrets from the domi with DDA's and mags its dps will be insane..
Scorp maybe remove some turrets why 4 turrets anyway?

Its DPS stays the same as it is now... hurdur
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#148 - 2013-05-13 20:08:17 UTC
mynnna wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Elise Randolph wrote:

On the other hand, smartbombs as "anti-missile ewar" are far more efficient than any available anti-turret ewar...

And they have brutal fitting and cap requirements, and they damage all your mates, and they make it very difficult to use sentries...

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#149 - 2013-05-13 20:08:23 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

navy hype? loose the tank bonus replace with a rof bonus? (like a big Exequror navy issue)

abaddon? more low slots?

rokh?
optimal range and rof bonus but also add more mid slots to make up for lost ehp from no resist bonus

mael?
damage bonus and falloff (make it a super alpha beast!)

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#150 - 2013-05-13 20:10:05 UTC
Jason Sirober wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Jason Sirober wrote:
He clearly states that It won't go the same way as the T1 version. If you're right, why not give the Navy Domi a similar improvement and give it a 600m3 drone bay?

Navy geddon gets Increased tank, Capacitor AND dronebay.

Navy Domi gets Increased tank, little bit of Cap AND ?????

yes more drones is good.

Yeah if you're Amarr

yeah and gal are supposed to have more active drones... but that does not scale past bc's soo more drones on the navy domi would be welcome... that way i could fit an extra set of sentries or heavy's...

Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2013-05-13 20:13:19 UTC
The tempest makes me sad. With the typhoon getting bumped up to 6 turrets and launchers the niche that the tempest lived in is getting rather small.
Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#152 - 2013-05-13 20:13:25 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:

navy hype? loose the tank bonus replace with a rof bonus? (like a big Exequror navy issue)

abaddon? more low slots?

rokh?
optimal range and rof bonus but also add more mid slots to make up for lost ehp from no resist bonus

mael?
damage bonus and falloff (make it a super alpha beast!)

A 8/7/5 Maelstrom With Falloff and 7.5% damage bonus and I'll pretty much die a happy man.

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#153 - 2013-05-13 20:24:50 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Ugh, nevermind. I give up.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#154 - 2013-05-13 20:34:13 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ugh, nevermind. I give up.

finally you posted something reasonable... lol Cool

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#155 - 2013-05-13 20:36:48 UTC
Well once again the changes to the Navy Apoc don't really address what's screwed up with Amarr as a whole, and I feel like it's going to be a very long time before that actually happens.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Perihelion Olenard
#156 - 2013-05-13 20:40:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
CCP Rise wrote:
Quote:
Maybe a good moment for marauders rebalance?

We're with you on this. The top of the list has a whole bunch of stuff on it, but Maruaders are there somewhere =)

The list of the top ten things to work on has twenty items on it? Big smile
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#157 - 2013-05-13 20:40:21 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Well once again the changes to the Navy Apoc don't really address what's screwed up with Amarr as a whole, and I feel like it's going to be a very long time before that actually happens.

yeah scorch kinda overshadows all the negative aspects of lazors...

i wonder if a re-blanced tech I ammo like they did for minmatar way back when would/could fix some of teh short comings with anything other then scorch...

Perihelion Olenard
#158 - 2013-05-13 20:43:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
Olaf4862 wrote:
Being a mostly dedicated Gallente pilot here is my feed back.

I will say that its sad that Gallente does not have any 8 gun battleship (I just love the feel of a full rack of guns). Can the Navy Mega get rid of the missile launchers that are basically useless and do not feel right and instead get an 8 gun Mega Navy.

I am ok with the Domi navy being both guns and drones. I always feel Navy issues should be all about damage and thick tank.

No eight-gun battleship is a good thing for Gallente. It means less ammo used and less capacitor used for weapons. It also frees up a high slot to be moved elsewhere.
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#159 - 2013-05-13 20:45:51 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

RAVEN NAVY ISSUE
The CNR will be Caldariā€™s attack battleship, like the new tech 1 Raven. I wanted the Navy Raven to get something new, and the new Navy Drake pointed in a pretty good direction. We are giving the CNR an 8th launcher to make up for the loss of the rate of fire bonus, and replacing rate of fire with a bonus to explosion radius. Along with the incoming buff to cruise missiles, this ship is going to be an animal.

Caldari Battleship Skill Bonuses:
+5% bonus to Torpedo and Cruise Missile explosion radius
+10% bonus to Cruise Missile Torpedo Velocity

Slot layout: 8H, 7M(+1), 5L; 0 turrets , 8 launchers(+1)
Fittings: 12000 PWG(+1075), 780 CPU(+45)
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 10500(-750) / 8000(-1961) / 9500(-461)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate): 5900(+587.5) / 1150s(-4.875s)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 123(+29) / .12(-.008) / 97300000(-2000000) / 16.19s(-1.43s)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 75 / 100
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 105(-1.25) / 7
Sensor strength: 28 Gravimetric(+.5)
Signature radius: 410(-50)

I strongly disagree with this. You're nerfing the torp RNI in favor of the cruise variant, and go so far as to explicitly tell us you're basing the entire ship design off of cruise. Then you keep the cruise missile velocity bonus. Given that you're pigeon holing the ship into cruise, doesn't it make far more sense to trade the velocity bonus for the explosion radius bonus instead?

7 launchers, I like my utility high slot and would rather keep the rof bonus over a explosion or velocity bonus tbh

OMG when can i get a pic here

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#160 - 2013-05-13 20:51:43 UTC
I wasn't attempting to say we should trade the ROF bonus away. I was saying I'd rather trade the missile velocity bonus for a explo radius bonus if we're dead set on pigeon holing the CNR into cruise. I actually really like the current CNR.

If it was just up to me, I'd make the attack BS changes (EHP, mobility, scan res, etc), add the 7th mid, and call it a day. The current bonuses are just fine.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.