These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Chaos Server Datadump.

Author
Chortle Chortle
#1 - 2013-05-13 18:32:28 UTC
From a now locked-thread from CCP Eterne:
"The data dump from the Chaos server is currently publicly accessible."

Could someone provide a link to where these data dumps are provided? Please and thank you.
Victor Dathar
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#2 - 2013-05-13 18:37:30 UTC
The Chaos dump is old news. I have a dump from the Serenity server. That is where all the juicy info is.

^^^ lol that post is so bad you should get back 2 GBS m8 o7

@grr_goons : Wisdom, Insight, GBS Posts

Chortle Chortle
#3 - 2013-05-13 18:42:33 UTC
Be that as it may, if these data dumps are made publicly available, as has been claimed by you and ccp devs, I would like to know for future reference where they would be made publicly available.

Please, alleviate my ignorance. Big smile
Prince Kobol
#4 - 2013-05-13 18:42:50 UTC
Chortle Chortle wrote:
From a now locked-thread from CCP Eterne:
"The data dump from the Chaos server is currently publicly accessible."

Could someone provide a link to where these data dumps are provided? Please and thank you.

I would love to know this as well..

Any chance somebody could shed some light on this considering it is nowhere to be found on the forum or the wiki

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-05-13 18:45:10 UTC
Did CCP release this or the hackers?
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#6 - 2013-05-13 18:50:41 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:

Downloading a file is not hacking.
Chortle Chortle
#7 - 2013-05-13 18:55:02 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:

Excellent. Where can these files be legitimately downloaded by the public?

Please & Thank you.
Sarmatiko
#8 - 2013-05-13 19:30:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarmatiko
Chortle Chortle wrote:
Excellent. Where can these files be legitimately downloaded by the public?

In your own EVE client. Refer to wiki page to know how to update your client to another test server. Then make your own datadump if you know why you need one.
If you want "dump files to download" - there is none, because staticdata released only for TQ, and not for test servers.
Also currently it's nothing to see there, because exact data now available on Sisi. You can just make dump from Sisi and voila- you have what you asked. Smile
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-05-13 19:38:50 UTC
I flushed it
Ixidor Zorander
Coffee Club of Cautelous Chaps
#10 - 2013-05-13 19:46:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Ixidor Zorander
I believe OP as myself would like to know where this "open to public" data dump is located. Not only for this instance but future use as well.
Also "In your own EVE client. Refer to wiki page to know how to update your client to another test server. Then make your own datadump if you know why you need one." I don't think this is doable on the chaos server.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-05-13 19:53:55 UTC
Ixidor Zorander wrote:
I believe OP as myself would like to know where this "open to public" data dump is located. Not only for this instance but future use as well.
Also "In your own EVE client. Refer to wiki page to know how to update your client to another test server. Then make your own datadump if you know why you need one." I don't this is doable on the chaos server.

Well I'm about to attempt it. Currently copying over my Sisi installation to another folder, then I'll redirect the launcher to the IP of Chaos and see what happens.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Prince Kobol
#12 - 2013-05-13 21:01:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ixidor Zorander wrote:
Also "In your own EVE client. Refer to wiki page to know how to update your client to another test server. Then make your own datadump if you know why you need one." I don't this is doable on the chaos server.

Well I'm about to attempt it. Currently copying over my Sisi installation to another folder, then I'll redirect the launcher to the IP of Chaos and see what happens.

What is the IP for the Chaos server please as I cant find it on the wiki

Many thanks

Its okay.. found the at Eve Offline :)

For those who want to know its 87.237.32.22
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2013-05-13 21:12:40 UTC
Well, it didn't really work. Launcher didn't want to update the client, it just sat there and generated an error report when I closed it.
Maybe with some fiddling it works, but I don't feel like doing that.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Prince Kobol
#14 - 2013-05-14 08:45:11 UTC
I love how a public available process available to all players has no official documentation and nobody seems to know how to do it :)
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-05-14 08:49:52 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
Diesel47 wrote:

technically if you hack some server and download some file people usually call the whole procedure "hacking"

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#16 - 2013-05-14 09:57:37 UTC
I love how so many go downloading this and that is not illegal, it's public info yo, everyone can get it, nothing was done wrong - but yet no one can seem to provide the link yet...

I'd like the download link for future references as well. Thanks.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Princess Saskia
Hyperfleet Industries
#17 - 2013-05-14 10:04:54 UTC
Chribba wrote:
I love how so many go downloading this and that is not illegal, it's public info yo, everyone can get it, nothing was done wrong - but yet no one can seem to provide the link yet...

/c

People that do know how to do it want ti keep it a secret, Mittens said so.

♥ 

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#18 - 2013-05-14 10:44:28 UTC
Princess Saskia wrote:
Chribba wrote:

/c

People that do know how to do it want ti keep it a secret, Mittens said so.

I suspect none of said people are posting in this thread though haha

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Katarina Reid
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-05-14 10:47:35 UTC
Tried /server:CHAOS lets me download a patch i presume thats the chaos patch.
Ixidor Zorander
Coffee Club of Cautelous Chaps
#20 - 2013-07-10 03:26:39 UTC
Necro here,
I would still really appreciate this info for future use, assuming it truly was made public. I believe several others would find it useful as well, one being Chribba. So if anyone at CCP or anyone simply playing eve could show us where the publicly accessible data dumps from the Chaos server are located be sure that I myself and many others especially traders would be incredibly grateful for that information. I cant believe more people were not at least concerned over this.
12Next page