These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Another Ishtar exploration setup thread.

Author
Lee Mcgee
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-05-13 07:01:38 UTC
Hello everyone,

I recently have just got an Ishtar and working on a fit for some exploration, upon heading to google and searching round there are dozens of fits but unsure what one to go for!

So I built one for me and wondered if anyone could comment/recommend some changes etc?

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

Low:
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Medium:
10mn Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Empty - Will fit codebreaker/analyzer depending on site.

High:
Cloak
Probe Launcher
Heavy Beam Laser (for agro?)
Empty
Empty

Rigs:

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Drones:

I can only use T1 heavy and sentry drones and they will be explosive/thermal and T2 medium/light explosive/thermal.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2013-05-13 07:25:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Roime
Replace crap rechargers with a cap booster and omnidirectional tracking links. Fit blasters or rails, the ship has bonuses for them. Armor Ishtar is not ideal against Angel rats, it's awesome agaist Serp/Guristas, and a relatively crappy omni tanker. I'd go for a Drone Dmg Amp instead of damage control, and experiment with Reactive Armor Hardener. Cheap faction repper or ancillary armor repper for easier fitting.

Train T2 sentries before heavies for PVE.

Tub Chil
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-05-13 07:38:56 UTC
Also as i understand from fanfest videos, combat ship will not be needed for exploration after odyssey
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#4 - 2013-05-13 08:05:54 UTC
Tub Chil wrote:
Also as i understand from fanfest videos, combat ship will not be needed for exploration after odyssey

Yes they are, rats are only removed from profession sites (mags and radars), combat sites stay the same.

Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#5 - 2013-05-13 13:57:37 UTC
Lee Mcgee wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently have just got an Ishtar and working on a fit for some exploration, upon heading to google and searching round there are dozens of fits but unsure what one to go for!

So I built one for me and wondered if anyone could comment/recommend some changes etc?

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

Low:
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

Medium:
10mn Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Empty - Will fit codebreaker/analyzer depending on site.

High:
Cloak
Probe Launcher
Heavy Beam Laser (for agro?)
Empty
Empty

Rigs:

Drones:

I can only use T1 heavy and sentry drones and they will be explosive/thermal and T2 medium/light explosive/thermal.

A PVE combat ishtar really should have 2 drone damage amplifier IIs (on an armor fit), and 2 omni tracking link IIs - the rest of the build is worked around those modules. Drones are racial vs enemy though gardes are often best purely for applied damage reasons. Hardeners are racial, not omni, and realistically, an armor ishtar is better at serpentis, gurista, blood and sansha exploration, and loses some dps vs angels due to needing an extra hardener, and there being a gap between bouncers and zerkers. I don't bring heavies for any other race.

Also ishtar holds aggro a lot longer with 3 guns (now that npcs switch off you) - though you can take 2 guns if you want to avoid CPU fitting problems.
Lee Mcgee
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-05-14 07:58:35 UTC
Thanks for the replies and feedback everyone. Really helpful.

Lee McGee.