These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Pandemic Legion - the careful alliance

Author
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2013-05-12 20:57:01 UTC
gee why doesn't a 600 man alliance haphazardly try to take on everyone else in the game

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2013-05-12 20:58:23 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Or in your case, and pretty much everyone else out in null...if you can't beat them...make them blue.

i'm sorry that our standings list disappoints you from the perspective of your ice mining mackinaw

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-05-12 20:58:37 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
Eve mechanics made it so old established "careful" alliances are very difficult to beat.

It's always been like this. If you can't beat them, make them disappear.

Or in your case, and pretty much everyone else out in null...if you can't beat them...make them blue.

well, there is some legend about goons and BoB. Some even say goons killed BoB. But some other people recall something about BoB killed from inside.... Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-05-12 21:05:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Yokai Mitsuhide
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

i'm sorry that our standings list disappoints you from the perspective of your ice mining mackinaw

It's ok, you're always disappointing.
Do something to make null sec more exciting. Go to war against PL :)
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#25 - 2013-05-12 21:08:33 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Elsewere all life will finally move to high-sec and low-sec (as some people already say). 0.0 will become ISK-farm and people will visit empire for all fun then can have in the game.

The game has almost always been like this. Aside from the time it was new, and up until the release of supers, null has been a snooze-fest.

Fighting in null is like entering into a pre-arranged marriage at the age of fourteen.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Turelus
Utassi Security
#26 - 2013-05-12 21:08:55 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

Over what? tech moons which get nerfed in a months time? P
PL has no Sov to attack and thus nothing they need to defend, unless you hit their moons for goo or supers. (AFAIK any way)

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-05-12 21:12:18 UTC
Turelus wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

PL has no Sov to attack and thus nothing they need to defend, unless you hit their moons for goo or supers. (AFAIK any way)

So they could do it just for the hell of it. For fun if nothing else. Nothing super exciting happens out there anymore and it's because to many people are blue with each other. Not just referring to the CFC.
Turelus
Utassi Security
#28 - 2013-05-12 21:15:50 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Turelus wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

So they could do it just for the hell of it. For fun if nothing else. Nothing super exciting happens out there anymore and it's because to many people are blue with each other. Not just referring to the CFC.

You might want to read the news of what's happening in the south... that doesn't seem very blue or dull to me Lol
Also why waste ships "just for the hell of it" also I am pretty sure PL has fun without needing to be in an all out war, if they didn't no one would be with them.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Bolow Santosi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-05-12 21:24:42 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Turelus wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

May 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_krSvsHHt4

Today: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

Yup sure looks stagnant
Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#30 - 2013-05-12 21:50:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

Goons just utterly and completely destroyed Test, funny how you missed that. Test may come back eventually, they are still a huge alliance, but in the meantime they have suffered a blapohmygod level loss.

It's hard to say what Goon intentions are with regard to PL, but making people blue has nothing to do with whether or not you ultimately seek to destroy them.
Bolow Santosi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-05-12 21:56:17 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:

Goons just utterly and completely destroyed Test. They may come back eventually, but in the meantime they have suffered a blapohmygod level loss. I don't know what their intentions are with regard to PL, but making people blue has nothing to do with whether or not you ultimately seek to destroy them.

Every alliance needs to welp their sov at least once. Builds character
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2013-05-12 21:56:45 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

as you can tell we are highly concerned about our reputation amongst hisec miners, which is why we've never sponsored massacres of hisec miners

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2013-05-12 21:59:26 UTC
blowing up some test guy or a PL guy isn't as satisfying as blowing up some unaligned pubbie in a freighter or mining barge simply because they squeal much more delightfully than anyone in 0.0 does, even when you take all of their space

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#34 - 2013-05-12 22:01:48 UTC
Andski stop posting so often I can't send likes quickly enough.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#35 - 2013-05-12 22:13:11 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Andski stop posting so often I can't send likes quickly enough.

I know right!?
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2013-05-12 22:16:18 UTC
Andski wrote:
gee why doesn't a 600 man alliance haphazardly try to take on everyone else in the game

Why would the puppet-master take on the puppets you mean.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-05-23 04:44:04 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Andski wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:

Goons just utterly and completely destroyed Test, funny how you missed that. Test may come back eventually, they are still a huge alliance, but in the meantime they have suffered a blapohmygod level loss.

It's hard to say what Goon intentions are with regard to PL, but making people blue has nothing to do with whether or not you ultimately seek to destroy them.

What?
Chokichi Ozuwara
Perkone
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-05-23 05:19:58 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:

Hunh?

Tears will be shed and pants will need to be changed all round.

OfBalance
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-05-23 07:51:58 UTC
I like the part about Sort leading his friends in PL.
Spurty
#40 - 2013-05-23 11:20:49 UTC
Is that you Sort Dragon?

Diplomacy makes for **** TV. Give us explosions damit!

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Previous page123Next page