These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE related night terrors - did you have some ?

Author
Darkmus Zay
Bedlam.
#1 - 2011-11-03 08:22:05 UTC
So, I remember having nightmares or night terrors about eve online.

(I used night terrors in subject so it wouldn't be misunderstood for the ship...)

I remember the first couple of nights I was in 0.0, I had all sorts of dreams that I would lose my Armageddon - Either to ganking, rats or because we would lose the station somehow.

Since I remember having nightmares related to my first Paladin or my first Nightmare - Always about losing them in a dumb way...

I know I'm not the only one, please share your story :P

Also, what helped me, was to come to terms with the fact that I will lose the ship in the end, so no reason to worry about it.
Also I rename them - that way I care less about them somehow...
Embrace My Hate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-11-03 09:45:28 UTC
Darkmus Zay wrote:

(I used night terrors in subject so it wouldn't be misunderstood for the ship...)

I remember the first couple of nights I was in 0.0, I had all sorts of dreams that I would lose my Armageddon - Either to ganking, rats or because we would lose the station somehow.

Since I remember having nightmares related to my first Paladin or my first Nightmare - Always about losing them in a dumb way...

Also, what helped me, was to come to terms with the fact that I will lose the ship in the end, so no reason to worry about it.

I mean this in the very best way possible. Get some air.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#3 - 2011-11-03 09:50:42 UTC
Duuude....

Video games should not give you nightmares. Take a break, you are WAY to emotionally invested.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Nautsyn Thome
Shark Investments
#4 - 2011-11-03 09:51:13 UTC
Darkmus Zay wrote:

I dont have nightmares, but difficulties to get asleep at night when i made a big mistake or loss at pvp. It takes about 2 days, sometimes more to forget about it and carry on.

I guess its the way i get better at pvp, due loss and pain.

This game is evil.
DarkAegix
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-11-03 09:54:06 UTC
We built something great.
We weren't going to let them destroy it... Not without a fight.
I remember we set a trap.
All we had to do was hold them up, and let the big guns do the killing.
We had no idea what was coming.
It was an ambush. They hit us from long range.
It's like going into a gunfight with a knife.
It's a helpless feeling... Watching your friends get shot up.
But the fleet commander.... He kept it together.
They were counting on me to fly through 200 clicks of space, directly through a wall of gunfire.
My hands were shaking... I didn't think I was going to make it.
There I was, flying through the whole pack of them.
From up close our weapons tore them to shreds. They had it coming! We weren't going to let up.
We held our ground. We still are, to this day.
I don't know how to explain this, but I'm telling you: it was so real.
I was there.
I'm telling you....
I WAS THERE.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-11-03 09:54:16 UTC
..I can't stop dreaming of CCP Guard, and what in the world he's gonna do with that grenade.
Already talked a bit to my shrink about this and it will be ok, eventually..
Darkmus Zay
Bedlam.
#7 - 2011-11-03 10:08:17 UTC
Hmm, maybe I'm to emotionally invested..

But damn, when you have played the game for more than 3 years, just thinking about how much I have invested in it.
And then the thought of how much a Nightmare is worth converted to irl money... that scares me a bit :P
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#8 - 2011-11-03 10:33:24 UTC
Darkmus Zay wrote:
Hmm, maybe I'm to emotionally invested..

But damn, when you have played the game for more than 3 years, just thinking about how much I have invested in it.
And then the thought of how much a Nightmare is worth converted to irl money... that scares me a bit :P

4 years here, and thats why I fly cheap ships as a general rule(well, as cheap as can fill the role I need)

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Serene Repose
#9 - 2011-11-03 11:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Heh heh heh. Not with EVE, and not night "terrors" (since dreams don't scare me, BOO!) But, when playing competitive Battlefield 2, when I went outside and saw someone on the street I'd look over their heads for a red (enemy) or blue (friendly) tag. Not scary but very eery. I'd also get out of their LOS till I made an ID...shhh...don't tell anybody. I plan to run for president.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-11-03 11:40:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

It is very common if you spend too much time playing one game. Has not happened with Eve for me yet, but with other games (Starcraft 1, back in those days)

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-11-03 11:52:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Well in past few days, when i got brain reset /again

I somewhat run away from "nightmares" to EVE forums, reacting on reaction being reacted etc. It helped. All in my head was acting like several posters and consulting stuff.
Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#12 - 2011-11-03 12:04:17 UTC
I used to dream i was in a pod full of goo flying a ship. I woke up in a pod filled with goo flying a ship.
I hate pods.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2011-11-03 12:18:02 UTC
I dreamt I was in Anarchy once. Don't remember what the dream was about.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Chi Ftele
Doomheim
#14 - 2011-11-03 13:49:15 UTC
no but I did try to warp out of bed once

and when I was playing fallout tactics I tried to quicksave with alt-s while doing homework

lawlz

That is all.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-11-03 13:53:14 UTC
So...ill tell my story. It has nothing to do with EvE but with another game.

I spent a lot of time playing Left 4 Dead as I am big into the whole killing zombies thing. One morning I was driving to work. It was still dark out and it had rained the night before. I was crossing an intersection and some light glinted off a puddle of water in such a way that I could have sworn I saw out of the corner of my eye a guy running directly at me. It looked like a god damned zombie with its arms flailing as it ran towards me. Freaked me out for a couple of seconds and I actually stepped on the gas pedal. Heart was pounding and everything. Needless to say I took a break from L4D for a bit after that one.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

InVictus Kell
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2011-11-03 15:33:33 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Duuude....

Video games should not give you nightmares. Take a break, you are WAY to emotionally invested.

it has nothing to do with emotional investment, a good movie can have lasting effects on the viewers, why should it be any different for good video games? if anything, the effect from games should be more prevalent since the player is more involved in the course of action.

i remember after my first play through of Doom 3 (with a 7.1 sound system and all the lights off) i had more then a few troubles getting to sleep soundly that night. Those damn babies with claw arms.

Something similar happened after i saw Pluto Nash *shudder* the horror!

Josefius
13th Tribe of Kobol Expeditionary
#17 - 2011-11-03 15:33:40 UTC
I used to work in a Greenhouse and would load Red Azalias in my van to sell to florists, this was a daily thing I did each morning. I took LSD one night and all I kept seeing were red Azalias, even when I closed my eyes. Apart from smelling the colors on my bed, it was pretty cool.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something, sometime in your life.

-Winston Churchill

Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2011-11-03 16:02:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Nephilius
I have had a recurring dream where I am in a Rifter out in Nulsec, always about six jumps from Hisec, trying to avoid the natives, warp bubbles and whatnot. But instead of heading for the safety of hisec, I always zoom around in Nul, trying to make some moneys and maybe get some kills before I get killed. I don't know the systems involved, but its generally a tube route.

I live in hisec now, so I'm not sure what those dreams are all about. It's always the same though, everytime.
"If."
thekiller2002us
The J8sters
#19 - 2011-11-03 16:19:54 UTC
i had a nightmare once where a load of douchbags took over half of nullsec in eve and another load of russian douchebags took over the other half of nullsec and they both became bff's where nullsec is now really boring...........seriosly woke up sweating

I'm with Brick on this one- make thouse carebearing b******s squeal..

Takamori Maruyama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2011-11-03 16:20:42 UTC
I had a bizarre dream that I was in a missile fitted hookbill and I popped someone pod.
Wake up and said...playing too much this game and I just flew one hookbill in my 4 months of gameplay and it was rocket fitted!

Loud and clear...

12Next page