These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

so whats the best trade you did

Author
Minmat Sebtin
House of Sebtin
#21 - 2013-05-11 13:45:19 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Xayder wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Xayder wrote:
31.000 isk for an aeon

really? did the seller contact you after the trade? :D

He prefered to contact CCP with a petition....

:DD

When the GMs get those types of petitions it must take all their willpower to remain professional and not to respond with "LOL harden up princess".
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-05-11 14:28:19 UTC
Once upon a time, things like Robotics and Enriched Uranium were npc market items and very cheap.

For those of us who saw the light coming down the tunnel with "Planetary Interaction", you can well imagine the results.

Good times.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Sabre Rolf
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-05-11 14:41:08 UTC
Freak Power wrote:
Sabre Rolf wrote:
Freak Power wrote:

was this supposed to be your best or worst trade?

i mean turning ~24b sounds nice, but selling a dc II BPo for 55b not so much..

How much did you sell yours for?

30bCool
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-05-11 15:51:02 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
just tell me...

My best trade was in my 2nd month of EVE when I bought a Fed Navy Omnidirectional tracking link for ~60M in Dodixie, couriered it in my brand new Atron to Jita, sold it for 100+ million, and rinsed and repeated until I had 300M in my wallet total. That was probably the most I ever made so far - these days, on a good day, I'm lucky to make ~25M a day trading, with 300M ISK to spare for investment.
Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-05-11 15:52:31 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Rual Storge wrote:
60b profit in 3 hours.

so what was the trade?

hehe, That i dont tell on public forums to 1 month old alts, but it was childsplay.

Umar Umarhabib
Doomheim
#26 - 2013-05-11 16:43:33 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Accidentally having a Geddon sell for 4b in Jita was nice.

I sold a few capital component BPC's as BPO's before the contract overhaul, which was nice, and pretty funny at the same time.

Once I sold a 600,000 item (or something like that), for 600 million by contract scamming in Jita. I had never done it before, and I just wanted to try it, and see if these scams actually succeed.

So I set up a contract and started spamming, within 1 minute, my contract flashed, someone took the bait. Then immediately after, he tried to convo me. I clicked "Deny", which I regret because I should have clicked "Accept" and had some fun.

After that beginner's luck, I tried it again for 20 more minutes but no luck. So I never did it again.
Sabre Rolf
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-05-11 16:45:10 UTC
Rual Storge wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Rual Storge wrote:
60b profit in 3 hours.

so what was the trade?

hehe, That i dont tell on public forums to 1 month old alts, but it was childsplay.

too cool mate
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#28 - 2013-05-11 19:03:42 UTC
Nyancat Audeles wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
just tell me...

My best trade was in my 2nd month of EVE when I bought a Fed Navy Omnidirectional tracking link for ~60M in Dodixie, couriered it in my brand new Atron to Jita, sold it for 100+ million, and rinsed and repeated until I had 300M in my wallet total. That was probably the most I ever made so far - these days, on a good day, I'm lucky to make ~25M a day trading, with 300M ISK to spare for investment.

yea dodixie - jita I like that one already, we should keep that for us ;)
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#29 - 2013-05-11 19:05:02 UTC
Rual Storge wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Rual Storge wrote:
60b profit in 3 hours.

so what was the trade?

actually this is my main ;) I'm still a bit far away from my first billion, so would not compete with your transactions :D
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-05-11 19:18:56 UTC
Umar Umarhabib wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

I sold a few capital component BPC's as BPO's before the contract overhaul, which was nice, and pretty funny at the same time.

Once I sold a 600,000 item (or something like that), for 600 million by contract scamming in Jita. I had never done it before, and I just wanted to try it, and see if these scams actually succeed.

So I set up a contract and started spamming, within 1 minute, my contract flashed, someone took the bait. Then immediately after, he tried to convo me. I clicked "Deny", which I regret because I should have clicked "Accept" and had some fun.

After that beginner's luck, I tried it again for 20 more minutes but no luck. So I never did it again.

scamming != trading.

Also I make 70b per second but of course I would not reveal my methods.
mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#31 - 2013-05-11 19:42:50 UTC  |  Edited by: mechtech
20 million guidance systems @ 500.

400 Billion profit, albeit over a few years.
Zahara Cody
Imperial Corrections Service.
#32 - 2013-05-12 01:56:12 UTC
Bought a Mackinaw BPO for 225 bil... built from it for a month and a half... sold it for 450 bil.

Hating is free, that's why poor people do it the best.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#33 - 2013-05-12 06:31:10 UTC
Umar Umarhabib wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Yeah, by accidentally, I mean I had the lowest sell order at the really right moment.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Nerdy McButtHurt Trald
Doomheim
#34 - 2013-05-13 00:18:45 UTC
Back in the day, armor plates salvage items was not used in any construction and had no use in the game.
I bought 100's of 1000's on region wide buy orders at under 100ISK p/u, on the basis Eve wouldn't have stuff in the game for no use.

Made over 100B on that.

All the best money making items in the game were either hidden game mechanic flaws (item had no use at that time, Insurance Exchange Rate, etc..), or NPC purchase items.

Also made a killing with civilian afterburners. Stockpiled over 500K units.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#35 - 2013-05-13 13:34:19 UTC
Nerdy McButtHurt Trald wrote:
Back in the day, armor plates salvage items was not used in any construction and had no use in the game.
I bought 100's of 1000's on region wide buy orders at under 100ISK p/u, on the basis Eve wouldn't have stuff in the game for no use.

Made over 100B on that.

All the best money making items in the game were either hidden game mechanic flaws (item had no use at that time, Insurance Exchange Rate, etc..), or NPC purchase items.

Also made a killing with civilian afterburners. Stockpiled over 500K units.

great one, reminds me of a bond deal Andre Kostolany did in RL
deela
J. Armed And Dangerous Enforcement Division
#36 - 2013-05-13 22:09:29 UTC
Many moons ago I used to deal in harvester drones, at one point buying from one guy in a station only to sell them to the next in same station at 20% markup. Granted by todays standards 100m aint much but in those days (2003) it wasnt bad isk at all!
Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-05-13 23:56:39 UTC
Spent the first 80 mil I ever made on a Typhoon deep in Metropolis. Found out they were being bought for 100mil in rens. A few trade runs later I was a hundred million isk richer. Not much in comparison to some of the trades here, but A), I'm not a trader, and B) that was my second month playing. I was pretty happy at the time.
Manny Moons
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-05-14 00:19:47 UTC
Samroski wrote:
My first "best" trade was when I bought an officer shield module for 600m and flipped it the next day for 2b.

I did that same trade! Well, I haven't actually sold it yet because there was some kind of glitch with the buy order and it disappeared when I tried to sell. But I'm certain it's just a matter of time before the ISK rolls in...

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#39 - 2013-05-14 07:47:59 UTC
Manny Moons wrote:
Samroski wrote:
My first "best" trade was when I bought an officer shield module for 600m and flipped it the next day for 2b.

I did that same trade! Well, I haven't actually sold it yet because there was some kind of glitch with the buy order and it disappeared when I tried to sell. But I'm certain it's just a matter of time before the ISK rolls in...

Its called a margin trading scam.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-05-14 15:05:50 UTC
Manny Moons wrote:
Samroski wrote:

I hate to tell you this, but you were duped. Scammers will put up a false (highly inflated) buy order for an obscure item and a set number of units that you must have to sell. Then they'll put that item in a contract for an equally inflated price, but slightly lower than the buy order. You check the market, see a massive buy order, then snatch up the item only to see the buy order vanish the moment the contract clears.

TL;DR: If you see a contract selling for a lower price than a buy order, it's a scam. Better luck next time.