These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM results

First post First post
Author
Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2013-05-09 11:31:01 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
...As I said, it is CCP who should be interested to get a CSM as representative as possible...
What? Represent players... I didn't vote for any of the candidate because I thought they would represent me... I voted for them because they are/seemed to be passionate or knowledgeable about the game.

CCP needs a player sounding board. I want them to represent the game we play.

Just my opinion.
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#82 - 2013-05-09 12:07:01 UTC
For the whole "how many hisec players are", I've said many times that what matters here is not what players say, but what they do.

And a massive majority logs in a character into highsec. Even if there were no hisec players and everyone was a nullsec player, hisec still would be the reason why 60% of all charatcters are logged in each hour and each day.

You can say it all you like, it doesn't make it any less nonsense. They wouldn't be playing the game at all without null: the highsec characters are merely a way to get around game flaws regarding null.
Sedstr
#83 - 2013-05-10 13:37:03 UTC
I voted in the previous 3 counsels, voting each time for candidates I thought would be good representatives for all player interests. A candidate that represented a mature and reasoned view of the game, someone who could work with CCP to make EVE a better game for everyone.
Needless to say, those candidates never got on the counsels.

This time I voted for not voting - my guess is nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine other people voted the same way.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#84 - 2013-05-10 19:53:33 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
To me this reads like you're trying to make the whole thing purely CCP's problem.

Sorry buttercup, but it's not.

CCP are "happy" to speak to the people who care enough to run, and who are chosen by the people who care enough to vote. If that leads to a CSM that's mostly populated by "nullsec", why should that bother CCP, exactly? Because you don't like it? Well maybe you don't, but you don't care enough to do anything about it.

Actions speak louder than words. Whining on the forum about "popularity contests" because the people you like didnt get voted for, and using that as a reason why you didn't vote is just... it's not even dumb, It's surreal. How on earth do you expect anyone to take your complaints seriously when you show no evidence that you actually care at all? You don't even care enough to make sense.

I think i am not making myself clear...

The CSM is a business resource intended to keep the customers happy. If it fails to represent the customers, it fails to keep them happy and so fails to fulfill its intended role.

If it turns that most customers don't have anyone to speak for them at the CSM and help CCP how to keep them happy, how is that the customer's fault?

"Hey, if you want to keep giving us your money, you should step forward and convince us to do what it takes so you keep giving us your money" must be one of the weirdest business cases in history.

Most companies kind of ask their customers to speak with them rather than quit... But then with CCP, being listened to is a privilege to be earned. And you call me surreal? Lol
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2013-05-10 20:24:21 UTC
The CSM is a business resource intended to keep the customers happy. If it fails to represent the customers, it fails to keep them happy and so fails to fulfill its intended role.

Is this copied and pasted from a Frying Doom post? You've got the same "make an incorrect/childish assumption about A Thing and then frame an entire argument based on that wrong assumption" thing going that he does.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#86 - 2013-05-10 23:41:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
Malcanis wrote:
To me this reads like you're trying to make the whole thing purely CCP's problem.

Sorry buttercup, but it's not.

CCP are "happy" to speak to the people who care enough to run, and who are chosen by the people who care enough to vote. If that leads to a CSM that's mostly populated by "nullsec", why should that bother CCP, exactly? Because you don't like it? Well maybe you don't, but you don't care enough to do anything about it.

Actions speak louder than words. Whining on the forum about "popularity contests" because the people you like didnt get voted for, and using that as a reason why you didn't vote is just... it's not even dumb, It's surreal. How on earth do you expect anyone to take your complaints seriously when you show no evidence that you actually care at all? You don't even care enough to make sense.

I think i am not making myself clear...

If it turns that most customers don't have anyone to speak for them at the CSM and help CCP how to keep them happy, how is that the customer's fault?

"Hey, if you want to keep giving us your money, you should step forward and convince us to do what it takes so you keep giving us your money" must be one of the weirdest business cases in history.

Most companies kind of ask their customers to speak with them rather than quit... But then with CCP, being listened to is a privilege to be earned. And you call me surreal? Lol

You can speak to CCP for free on the forums. They do listen if you present your case well, effectively and persistently, as I have found out for myself several times. (Bounty reform, insurance reform, 0.0 outpost rework, to name but 3 causes that have been effectively championed)

If you want them to pay particular attention and credit you with being allowed to read NDA stuff, then it's not so much CCP you have to persuade as your fellow customers.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ali Aras
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#87 - 2013-05-11 06:25:54 UTC
Sedstr wrote:
I voted in the previous 3 counsels, voting each time for candidates I thought would be good representatives for all player interests. A candidate that represented a mature and reasoned view of the game, someone who could work with CCP to make EVE a better game for everyone.
Needless to say, those candidates never got on the counsels.

This time I voted for not voting - my guess is nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine other people voted the same way.

Interestingly, you likely would have had a lot better luck this year with your candidates-- STV addressed a number of those issues. I would likely not have been elected in a FPTP scenario, as there would have been more uncertainty with regards to anyone else voting for me. Corebloodbrothers would likely have done better in Provi (or if not, provi would have split 50/50 again with nobody anywhere *near* the CSM) and I'm not sure that as many people would be willing to take a chance on me as did in this election. After all, in STV, if you list a losing candidate #1, your vote is still applied towards other candidates you like.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2013-05-11 07:40:21 UTC
Ali Aras wrote:
Interestingly, you likely would have had a lot better luck this year with your candidates.

Assuming of course they could even find a candidate in this year's group. Pickings were pretty slim if you weren't in a null bloc.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#89 - 2013-05-11 13:07:19 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

Is this copied and pasted from a Frying Doom post? You've got the same "make an incorrect/childish assumption about A Thing and then frame an entire argument based on that wrong assumption" thing going that he does.

Please tell, what is the business case for the CSM? Enlighten me with a non-incorrect and non-childish assumption.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2013-05-11 14:55:57 UTC
Please tell, what is the business case for the CSM? Enlighten me with a non-incorrect and non-childish assumption.

Unpaid consultants with a minor PR poost for the CSM existing. The former is the most important of the bunch, though, the latter is just a nice side benefit.

Ghazu
#91 - 2013-05-11 16:27:02 UTC
dude's upset about lack of barbies again.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#92 - 2013-05-11 23:07:34 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:

Unpaid consultants with a minor PR poost for the CSM existing. The former is the most important of the bunch, though, the latter is just a nice side benefit.

p much this.

\o/ I won an unpaid second job!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#93 - 2013-05-12 10:43:01 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:

p much this.

Unpaid consultants? To consult what? What players might contribute about EVE development? So they are happy with it? And how many players? All of them? Most of them? Only the little few ones who lobby for the privilege of being consulted rather than face some blind decissions made without them? Which could lead the unrepresented players away from the game for no reason, even if they were the majority of subscribers?
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2013-05-12 11:01:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
Unpaid consultants? To consult what?

Whatever Eve-related stuff CCP decides they want to talk about.

So they are happy with it?

No, they hate it. They just continue to waste dev time and company money running it because _______________.
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm8-elections-close-tomorrow-hear-from-ccp-about-the-impact-of-the-csm/

And how many players? All of them? Most of them? Only the little few ones who lobby for the privilege of being consulted rather than face some blind decissions made without them?

Whichever players decide to bother. The bar for entry has always been really low, even moreso with STV. You just actually have to be willing to speak to people, as opposed to pitching a fit and demanding your share as if you're entitled to it by default.

Which could lead the unrepresented players away from the game for no reason, even if they were the majority of subscribers?

They're consultants, not bosses. CCP's dime, CCP's final word at the end of the day. If they were going to disregard "the majority of subscribers" as you put it, they would be doing it with or without the CSM.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#95 - 2013-05-12 11:32:37 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:

p much this.

Unpaid consultants? To consult what?

Get elected next year and find out.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#96 - 2013-05-12 11:35:12 UTC
(I realise that this would involve committing to some actual effort and responsibility above forum whining)

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

dark heartt
#97 - 2013-05-12 13:38:38 UTC  |  Edited by: dark heartt
Which could lead the unrepresented players away from the game for no reason, even if they were the majority of subscribers?

The responsibility to be represented falls on the players. If they don't vote, they simply cannot claim they are "unrepresented wah wah." If they were the majority and they voted, they would be represented. Its as simple as that.

I for one, as a highsec player feel very represented as almost everyone I voted for got on the council. I simply ignored what alliance, bloc, corp or area of space they came from, and looked at what they saw in Eve. If I agreed with their position, I voted for them.

The ball is in the players court to get represented. The CSM or CCP has no role in that whatsoever...
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#98 - 2013-05-13 13:41:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
dark heartt wrote:

The responsibility to be represented falls on the players. If they don't vote, they simply cannot claim they are "unrepresented wah wah." If they were the majority and they voted, they would be represented. Its as simple as that.

I for one, as a highsec player feel very represented as almost everyone I voted for got on the council. I simply ignored what alliance, bloc, corp or area of space they came from, and looked at what they saw in Eve. If I agreed with their position, I voted for them.

The ball is in the players court to get represented. The CSM or CCP has no role in that whatsoever...

You're late to the debate so maybe don't know where I stand.

To summarize, I blame CCP for not having alternatives to the CSM.

My claim is that it is CCP's best interest to know as much as possible of what their customers do, like and think. Asking them to get elected at the CSM or forward a candidate in order to be able to share that inteligence it's stupid unless CCP gathered such inteligence in other ways. And those "other ways" are non-existent.

Further, if CCP was engaging players in other ways, the representativeness of the CSM would not matter much, as players who didn't got a voice in the CSM, would get it through other means.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#99 - 2013-05-13 15:16:48 UTC

Further, if CCP was engaging players in other ways, the representativeness of the CSM would not matter much, as players who didn't got a voice in the CSM, would get it through other means.

But they do. They engage with or get feedback from the players through the forums (Go look at the BS rebalance threads in features and ideas for an excellent example), through the CSM, at fanfest, via the blog community, and by playing the game themselves.

Your beef is that you basically want CSM-level depth of engagement for yourself without having to provide CSM level commitment or effort. If you want deep level pre-release involvement then you have to convince CCP that you're a worthwhile person to talk to, sign an NDA, and commit to a given level of work.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#100 - 2013-05-13 21:34:59 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

But they do. They engage with or get feedback from the players through the forums (Go look at the BS rebalance threads in features and ideas for an excellent example), through the CSM, at fanfest, via the blog community, and by playing the game themselves.

Your beef is that you basically want CSM-level depth of engagement for yourself without having to provide CSM level commitment or effort. If you want deep level pre-release involvement then you have to convince CCP that you're a worthwhile person to talk to, sign an NDA, and commit to a given level of work.

Heh. I don't want to be in the CSM. Even if I wanted, i am not a good CSM candidate for a range of reasons, most of them related to my mental disorder. And on top of that, i am a extremely unrepresentative player. Blink

Yet my experience with talking to people in this game, is of meeting people who a have no voice in the CSM. People who quit rather than try and make themselves listened. Over and over again, they come and go.

Most of them leave jaded. Some leave angry. Some leave because RL > EVE. They are losers who failed to "win" the game and become the kind of guy who ends up at the CSM out of commitment, effort, and enjoying what he does ingame.

So they won't talk, rather walk. I should be like them and should had walked away with Incarna. I didn't and here i am, still trying to protect my investment with EVE, most of it emotional investment, made of hope and disappointment and resignation and more hope and more disappointment and more resignation and then more hope, unitl I hate it as much as i hope I still could love it.

And my chances so EVE eventually obliges sum up to having that people who walk rather than talk, be actively asked and listened to. Be polled systematically and professionally, rewarded for their opinion, so we all (CCP first) get to know why so many EVE players are losers and leave even if they managed to succeed for one, two or three years.

Right now, I know one of those players who's reaching the breaking point. He's a far better player than me, far more valuable. And none of you CSM is like him, because if you were, you would had quit in your third year as he's bound to do in the next months.

None of this would be an issue if EVE had a lot of wannabe players, making endless rows for the privilege to sign in. But that's not the case.

By rewarding only the players who fit in the scarce long term niches, CCP is denying itself the money of those who don't fit enough.

i'm not talking about people who think this is a theme park and quit after a week or a month. i am talking about people who have set goals and enjoyed the sandbox bona fide for one, two or three years, until the only way left was... none. Get out. They failed to fit into the appropiate niches, right from the start.

It's not about listening to me, but the people i am pointing. Maybe if CCP asked them and listened to them, they would do things i would like... not THE things I would like, but just stuff I could like for EVE being EVE even while staying faithful to all that grim universe crap.