These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Best ship to avoid Suicide Ganks?

Author
Lutz Major
Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo
#21 - 2011-11-03 10:10:13 UTC
Bernd dB wrote:
OK and may you be so nice to explain why?

The new battle cruiser won't be TECH 3, they will be Tech 1, Tier 3.

The Cyclone is Tier 1
The Hurricane is Tier 2
The Tornado will be Tier 3

The Tech 2 variants of battle cruiser are Command ships.
Bernd dB
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-11-03 10:12:50 UTC
OK, then I mixed something up. Sorry and thanks for clarification. Still new to eve Ugh
Elistea
BLUE Regiment.
#23 - 2011-11-03 10:36:51 UTC
Bernd dB wrote:
OK and may you be so nice to explain why?

Check eve ship database for difference between Tech 3 and Tier 3

Or better yet, check forums threads for last week... (and try to read a bit before u post something:)
Bernd dB
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2011-11-03 11:20:30 UTC
Elistea, maybe you should better follow your own suggestions next time P

Thx Lutz for clarification.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#25 - 2011-11-03 12:20:14 UTC
[Rokh, BS Hauler]
Damage Control II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Cargohold Optimization I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I

Hauls 1900m3

EHP: 185,000

It's going to take about 20 battleships to gank you.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

pussnheels
Viziam
#26 - 2011-11-03 12:43:48 UTC
there is no best ship to avoid ganks ,
a dedicated suicide crew can take down even the best tanked haulers and when they got plenty of people online even the toughest jumpfreighter

Your best defense is not to autopilot AFK, NEVER if you got valuable cargo onbpard , a scout is also very use ful or use a orca fitted for agility and speed and use the corp hangar for your valuable cargo , it can't be scanned out and will never drop,

Like i said never fly AFK autopilot and a small pro tip

If you going to jita thru the perimeter systems DO NOT warp straight to the jita gate and jump fky to marausi ( forgrot how it is spelled ) jump and then warp towards jita , nobody ever is on that gate and it is pretty safe and only takes one extra jump

Also create safe undocking points at all your stations you visit most , 9 out of 10 times when i undock from jita 4-4 in a freighter i can warp away instantly as soon i undock

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Bernd dB
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-11-03 13:02:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Bernd dB
pussnheels wrote:
use a orca fitted for agility and speed

Fit Orca for agility and speed when you don't fly afk? Why? It doesn't change the time to warp if you fly with 100MN MWD, but it will cost you 60% and more of your EHP if you fit those modules instead of DC2 and Bulkheads. I don't see any sense.

Besides this in >70% I let my Orca fly afk from Dodixie to Jita when I am out for lunch or something like this and have often Cargo in the standard hangar (because 40k is often just not enough). It's just not worthwile and I have never seen enough ganker at one gate to try to gank my Orca when I was flying manually. With DC2 online I have ~230k EHP, far more than Rokh or Freighter. Even though I know, there are enough corps outside, who could kill Orcas easily.
pussnheels
Viziam
#28 - 2011-11-03 15:00:33 UTC  |  Edited by: pussnheels
Bernd dB wrote:
pussnheels wrote:
use a orca fitted for agility and speed

Fit Orca for agility and speed when you don't fly afk? Why? It doesn't change the time to warp if you fly with 100MN MWD, but it will cost you 60% and more of your EHP if you fit those modules instead of DC2 and Bulkheads. I don't see any sense.

Besides this in >70% I let my Orca fly afk from Dodixie to Jita when I am out for lunch or something like this and have often Cargo in the standard hangar (because 40k is often just not enough). It's just not worthwile and I have never seen enough ganker at one gate to try to gank my Orca when I was flying manually. With DC2 online I have ~230k EHP, far more than Rokh or Freighter. Even though I know, there are enough corps outside, who could kill Orcas easily.

MWD CLOAK tric yes and the extra agility helps to get you aligned faster , , quicker you are away from the gateless chance they will notice you when you are on a busy gate on one of the major trade routes

And don't give me that ehp crap , it will not help you when a group decide to try and gfank you just for the fun of it , and don't even say it doesn't happen because it does happen, i did lose a freighter because i happen to be at the wrong gate at the wrong time

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-11-03 15:19:06 UTC  |  Edited by: coolzero
a anti gank fitted orca will do the trick..

http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/30744-Orca-280K-EHP-antigank-hauler.html

put the hot stuff in the corp hanger so it cant be scanned down and if they do manage to gank you it wont drop anything.(wich is the point of a gank anyway..goodies and no goodies = less atractive as gank object :P)

not suitable for low sec :P(unless you want to use it as bait.)
Tasko Pal
Spallated Garniferous Schist
#30 - 2011-11-03 15:39:06 UTC
Skippermonkey wrote:
a station

NPC station. Orca is pretty good for expensive stuff. Stick it all in the corp hangar or other bays that don't drop when you get popped. You can't prevent ganking, but you can keep it from being profitable.

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#31 - 2011-11-03 15:43:35 UTC
If you're hauling 1B+ ISK in an Orca and don't have it tanked to the max, then you'd better have an alt running ahead of you in a shuttle (or better, a corp mate with a web) to check for gank parties waiting at the gates. And pay attention to "ships destroyed in the previous hour / day" stats along your route.

Especially in the common gank locations like Sivala, Perimeter, New Caldari, etc.
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2011-11-03 20:25:28 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
If you're hauling 1B+ ISK in an Orca and don't have it tanked to the max, then you'd better have an alt running ahead of you in a shuttle (or better, a corp mate with a web) to check for gank parties waiting at the gates. And pay attention to "ships destroyed in the previous hour / day" stats along your route.

Especially in the common gank locations like Sivala, Perimeter, New Caldari, etc.

not with a anti gank orca....they cant scan whats in the corp hanger and whats in it gets destroyed as wel and it takes some power to take a anti gank orca down

they will only do it if they realllly hate you and have enough people willing loose a lot of isk becuase other then the killmail nothing else will drop.

Tash'k Omar
Indefinite Mass
#33 - 2011-11-03 21:16:56 UTC
Serial Chi wrote:
blockade runner, cloak up the instant you come out of the station or jump through the gate and warp.

You obviously have never undocked a blockade runner from Jita 4-4.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#34 - 2011-11-04 00:01:33 UTC
Serial Chi wrote:
blockade runner, cloak up the instant you come out of the station or jump through the gate and warp.

because there will NEVER EVER be anything within 2km of the jita undock when you pop.
Slothook
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2011-11-04 05:58:39 UTC
If you already have the skills for flying the ships mentioned, then you will already know the answer to your question. By asking the question one would assume for the majority of ships mentioned, you can't fly

If you are worried about being ganked then contract your stuff as a courier for somoene else to move - at least if they get ganked then you are fully covered by the collateral.

Alternatively, break it down into smaller amounts - don't put all your eggs into one basket
Bernd dB
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2011-11-04 08:06:10 UTC
@Threadopener: I also could strongly recommend transport contracts as an alternative. You can do other stuff in the meantime, where you would fly your slow freighters / Orcas / transporters and earn more money, what the contract costs. I only use my Orca when I have a trade chance from Hub to Hub. Otherwise I fly my Shuttle T2 (Interceptor), buy, issue transport contract and will be back to home system within a very short time compared to orca and sometimes the Orca just don't have enough space if I am buying minerals for production for example. And always do use enough collateral! I tend to add 30-40% of the value and give 200k per jump. Contract was accepted and fulfilled always within a day!
And if you don't fly an Orca yet you can do a lot of transport contracts until you reach the costs of an orca, a freighter or a even blockade runner :-)

pussnheels wrote:
MWD CLOAK tric yes and the extra agility helps to get you aligned faster , , quicker you are away from the gateless chance they will notice you when you are on a busy gate on one of the major trade routes

And don't give me that ehp crap , it will not help you when a group decide to try and gfank you just for the fun of it , and don't even say it doesn't happen because it does happen, i did lose a freighter because i happen to be at the wrong gate at the wrong time

Do you fly an Orca???

MWD Cloak is unnecessary, because an orca is not an interceptor. It will just don't get away really from the gate. If they want to know what you have inside, they will uncloak you immediately and good scanners can scan you down in a very, very short time.

And why the hell do you need to align faster? 10sec. with 100MN MWD will always be 10 seconds, doesn't matter if you fit damage control, nanofibres or other stuff. So it doesn't count.
But what "could" count is your EHP. If I fit my Orca with Nanofibres or ECH2 the EHP is approx. 1/3 of my standard EHP. So the gankers need only a small group of gank ships, where they need to call much more people to gank me and so far I have never seen a group which would have been big enough to gank a Tank-orca. Even though I know that not all gankers are waiting at the gate, but for example in the Belts / Ice Belts of the systems on the trade routes Blink mining and just wait until they receive a "call" that a possible victim is on the way Twisted
pussnheels
Viziam
#37 - 2011-11-04 09:24:15 UTC
you obviously never ventured out of high sec did you, where every second you linger on a gate can be your last
, or maybe just alone in a cloaky blockaderunner out of curiosity

and I certainly don't have the time to have my hauler pilot waste 4 hours just flying afk from system a to system b there are other more useful things he can do
Each their own mate but i am pretty sure none of my charcters and alts are wasting time flying afk for hours on end

by the way a orca can't fit a 100mwd atleast not with sacrificing other slots

but like i said each their own

Bernd dB
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2011-11-04 09:50:23 UTC
BUT we are talking about HISEC here! Unless Jita was changed into a lowsec system since last week your recommendations are not very useful. So better orientate on what is requested.
He never mentioned, that he want's to go into lowsec. Lowsec would be another situation. There I would never recommend an orca for just 3k m3.

And exchange one Cargo Rig with a PG-Rig make you loose only little space, but do save you 10% armor hp penalty and more interesting save you a lot of time when you fly your orca! Who cares about 5k m3 less, when you save 35-40sec. align time at each gate / Station. If you really care about those 5k m3 you better buy and fly a freighter.
StarLite
I am here to tell you about the mighty Boosh
#39 - 2011-11-04 11:49:45 UTC
I thought your cargo couldn't be scanned if you put if in giant secure containers, but I guess you can still be scanned?

If they can't see what your hauling, they probably won't bother to kill you.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#40 - 2011-11-04 12:26:43 UTC
StarLite wrote:
I thought your cargo couldn't be scanned if you put if in giant secure containers, but I guess you can still be scanned?

If they can't see what your hauling, they probably won't bother to kill you.

If the GSC is placed directly in the cargo hold - then it can be scanned by players.

If the GSC is inside a courier contract (double-wrapped) - then it cannot be scanned by players (but still scanned by NPC customs officials, just like the corp hangar). Alternately, you can courier contract something (not a container) to your alt, then have your alt courier contract it back to you (which double-wraps) for the actual move.

Depending on the pirate, they may decide that double-wrapped containers are "interesting enough" to gank.
Previous page123Next page