These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tibus Heth denounces Federation; offers condolences to Republic

Author
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#61 - 2013-05-10 07:16:40 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
For every machine you give me that can do the job of several people, that's fewer slaves I require. Trade with the Caldari and the introduction of more and better automated systems reduces the economic need for slavery.

You should not be holding slaves out of 'economic need'. You should be holding them out of concern for their spiritual education and development.

That's easy to say when you have trillions of them.

In the Empire, you can't toss a rock without hitting twenty slaves. Our circumstances are a bit different. Our supply much smaller.

That's not to say they don't also get a spiritual education. We just understand the importance of making use of every resource at our disposal.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-05-10 07:58:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
I would suggest that those talking to Stitcher in this thread should remember that he is currently a member of a known terrorist organisation and take that into account when they deal with him.

Oh, yes. Our campaign of terror against asteroids and clouds of fullerene-rich gas is truly a thing to make right-thinking persons gasp in dismay and whisper warnings to their children.

Have you completely abandoned contact with reality? ReAw is no more a terrorist organisation than you are a bicycle. In the two years I've been here the most violent thing we've done was pay the Noir mercenaries to kick some troublesome interlopers out of the W-space system we've staked. The most proactively violent thing we've ever planned to do involved a toothbrush.

Or does the word "terrorist" in your language simply mean "Has a Minmatar CEO."?

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Vinh Trahn
Seven Stars Search and Rescue
#63 - 2013-05-10 08:52:25 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
I would suggest that those talking to Stitcher in this thread should remember that he is currently a member of a known terrorist organisation and take that into account when they deal with him.

Coming soon, to asteroids near you.

Fear not this night. You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars find their way.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#64 - 2013-05-10 08:55:43 UTC
Protecting your country's sovereign territory - perfectly fine when Heth does it, but totally not alright at all when the Federation does it!

Give me a f***ing break.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#65 - 2013-05-10 09:09:37 UTC
Stitcher wrote:

Or does the word "terrorist" in your language simply mean "Has a Minmatar CEO."?

Re-Awakened was involved in heavy terrorist activity against Amarrian Shipping in YC 108.

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Stitcher
Caldari State
#66 - 2013-05-10 09:27:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
aka "shot some Amarrian ships seven years ago".

You've got a long way to go from there to "known terrorist organisation", especially when to my knowledge not a single one of the corporation's presently active members were members in YC108 and as I said, since I joined in 113, the worst victim of our wrath has been Veldspar.

AKA Hambone

Adreena Madeveda
Sebiestor Tribe
#67 - 2013-05-10 09:36:02 UTC
Vinh Trahn wrote:
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:

Coming soon, to asteroids near you.

Shake, quake and shiver, blueprints. You'll never feel safe again.

...................\o\ /o/...................

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#68 - 2013-05-10 09:44:07 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
aka "shot some Amarrian ships seven years ago".

You've got a long way to go from there to "known terrorist organisation", especially when to my knowledge not a single one of the corporation's presently active members were members in YC108 and as I said, since I joined in 113, the worst victim of our wrath has been Veldspar.

Reformed terrorist organization then.

Got to love euphemisms.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Adreena Madeveda
Sebiestor Tribe
#69 - 2013-05-10 09:56:06 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:

Reformed terrorist organization then.

Got to love euphemisms.

Please.
We prefer apostolic terrorist organization.
Our wrath isn't limited to building : we even sell our products. We're that mad.

...................\o\ /o/...................

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#70 - 2013-05-10 10:03:50 UTC
Re-Awakened then proceeded to support several anti-Amarran initiatives while in Electus Matari over the next several years, including direct support of the Ushra'Khan and the Brutor Freedom Front.

You might not personally have commited a terrorist act yourself, but your organisation has a long history of such activity.

So yes, known terrorist organisation.

Vinh Trahn
Seven Stars Search and Rescue
#71 - 2013-05-10 10:28:34 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
Re-Awakened then proceeded to support several anti-Amarran initiatives while in Electus Matari over the next several years, including direct support of the Ushra'Khan and the Brutor Freedom Front.

You might not personally have commited a terrorist act yourself, but your organisation has a long history of such activity.

So yes, known terrorist organisation.

I still fail to see how the fact that slavers lost ships at our hands ties in with the fact that Heth is trying to placate the Republic with empty words and an attempt to mirror our spirituality.

Fear not this night. You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars find their way.

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#72 - 2013-05-10 10:33:24 UTC
Vinh Trahn wrote:
I still fail to see how the fact that slavers lost ships at our hands ties in with the fact that Heth is trying to placate the Republic with empty words and an attempt to mirror our spirituality.

Lok'ri's a member of PIE Inc. You can dismiss pretty much anything of note that any of them say as lies, intentional misrepresentation of facts or vivid imaginings.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#73 - 2013-05-10 10:37:01 UTC
Vinh Trahn wrote:

It doesn't. Heth's actions are frankly inexplicable here.

I was merely warning those Amarrians trying to reason with Stitcher that such action is likely utterly pointless, given the sordid company he seems to keep.

Kymki Akamitsu
Instrumentality of Trade
#74 - 2013-05-10 10:53:23 UTC
Gaven Lok'ri, this thread is not a communication channel for your personal perspectives on the credibility of ReAw. Take your propaganda elsewhere please.

Regarding the message from Executor Heth:

Some notes have their only suitable place in a diary, others in official communication channels. The State Executor clearly mistook one of the former for one of the latter.

Had the terrorist attack been in republic space, it might have been more fitting. However, that Heth can even consider going public with that statement, keeping in mind that the shooting took place inside the Federation and therefore should be handled with Federation law, not to mention the violent defence forced upon the Federation by the Minmatar, should in itself enough motive to go shopping for a new candidate for the Executor position.

I respect the grief of the Minmatar for Karin Midular, but im not a proud Caldari reading Heth's words.
Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#75 - 2013-05-10 11:26:07 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
For every machine you give me that can do the job of several people, that's fewer slaves I require. Trade with the Caldari and the introduction of more and better automated systems reduces the economic need for slavery.

You should not be holding slaves out of 'economic need'. You should be holding them out of concern for their spiritual development.

Go tell that to Khanid II.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#76 - 2013-05-10 11:46:38 UTC
Terrorists, represent, yo.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Stitcher
Caldari State
#77 - 2013-05-10 12:47:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Stitcher
Gaven Lok'ri wrote:
I was merely warning those Amarrians trying to reason with Stitcher that such action is likely utterly pointless, given the sordid company he seems to keep.

I think the more likely explanation for why I'm unlikely to be swayed by Amarrian "reason" is the fact I'm not in the wrong here.

The Caldari are opposed to slavery at least within our own borders, the Amarr are the largest practitioners of slavery in the Cluster, and furthermore don't make any attempt to deny that their long-term goal is the unification of New Eden under their faith. So, I'm lobbying for the Caldari to find new business partnerships: ones that involve trading with people who don't use slaves, and who aren't plotting our eventual subjugation.

What's unreasonable about any of that? Or is it just that you're afraid the people you had earmarked as future slaves might spot the trap and escape before it can be sprung?

AKA Hambone

Mensha Khael Crow
House Murder
#78 - 2013-05-10 13:07:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Mensha Khael Crow
Lyn Farel wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:
Makkal Hanaya wrote:

You should not be holding slaves out of 'economic need'. You should be holding them out of concern for their spiritual development.

Go tell that to Khanid II.

I suspect all those the Imperial throne recognizes as part of the pier council are quite aware of the duties God places upon all who choose to hold slaves in Gods name.

Capsuleer Haakatain, seven years ago? You are flying in active support of a people who continue to consider grievances sevenhundred years old as valid causes for treaty breaches today. That alone, in comparison to Amarrian fidelity to our treaties should be reason enough to favour Amarrian commerce over some others.

The unsavory fields of Intergalactic-politics and -commerce aside. It is merely common courtesy to extend ones condolances for those of revered status lost, be they enemies or friends. As such with outmost respect to the late Emperor Heideran VII and his policies of peace and tolerance towards all heathens I will extend my own personal condolances to the Minmatar for a loss of their peacemaker. Perhaps, in time, there will be another to light your path.

For now I can only extend my heartfelt hope that those who would respect the late Karin Midular will do so in accordance to her personal excample and prove several Amarr, myself admittedly included, wrong in our assesment of the strength of character you as people hold. To those willing to face this challenge placed upon your path, I will wish strength and success.

M.K.C.
Our righteousness is evident in the failures of the heathen, God keep us from falling prey to their weaknesses.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#79 - 2013-05-10 13:40:24 UTC
When Mr. "Crow," speaks, all I hear is his alleged namesake.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#80 - 2013-05-10 14:04:01 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
When Mr. "Crow," speaks, all I hear is his alleged namesake.

The same could be said of your posting these days, Andreus.

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque