These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Venture: Low Sec Mining Tactics

Author
Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#41 - 2013-05-07 13:58:39 UTC
Mine in motion. Preferably pointed at a safe spot with your finger hovering over the big red warp button. Buys you a second or two of not having to accelerate from a dead stop.

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#42 - 2013-05-09 00:58:20 UTC
You all lack imagination.

This can be a viable thing inside of a certain set of plans for a corp.

I would not recommend doing this randomly.
Danni stark
#43 - 2013-05-09 07:48:23 UTC
Ireland VonVicious wrote:

based on the fact that no matter what you do, a venture will not make more isk/hour than a retriever means that it's not viable as a profit making activity. ever.
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#44 - 2013-05-09 22:14:00 UTC
Danni stark wrote:

based on the fact that no matter what you do, a venture will not make more isk/hour than a retriever means that it's not viable as a profit making activity. ever.

This is just wrong.

It will not make as much isk per hour as a retriever if both are only planning on mining.

But is that really the way to look at it?

Some guys make a fortune just pirating in low sec.

Do they do this in groups? Yes they sure do.

Could those groups make more money if they mined in ventures when things are dead and just leave guys camping the gates ready to call them all to switch ships and jump into the swarm of frigs? Yes, yes they can.

If done right it's the best way to make isk in low sec and have it far exceed the retriever. This style also produces other good side effects.

The venture is a viable option for mining if mining is not your only activity.
Illini Vaille
Doomheim
#45 - 2013-05-10 01:05:47 UTC
Even with my f-all attitude to isk/hour, I've found mining in low-sec to be very unrewarding.

But I can say I have learned that you can quite easily tank just about anything in low-sec in a procurer while your drones can kill most rats.

Still, even I rapidly switched to exploration after a few hauls and seeing what i might get for it (for essentially the same risk...)
Praxis Ginimic
Best Kept Frozen.
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#46 - 2013-05-10 02:58:50 UTC
I have a whole handful of ventures on my kill board. Got their pods too. If you want to mine in low sec stay in your mack. Bring a few corp members. Have every one carry 2 webs. When you get to a belt every one should double web every one then align to safe. Not a celestial, not a station, not a gate. Preferably a deep safe that takes you off D. That way when the baddies show up...and we will...the whole crew can insta warp. Dont sit at your safe spot thinking that it will save you either. We will probe you down and land on grid before you can align back out. Twisted. Good luck
Danni stark
#47 - 2013-05-10 09:16:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Danni stark
But is that really the way to look at it?

yes.

because consider the following from the OP
Quote:
My goal is be able to mine enough Zydrine and Megacyte to fuel some production jobs.
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#48 - 2013-05-13 07:32:04 UTC
Danni stark wrote:

That comment about is that the right way to look at it was based on the above.

Do not take it out of context.
Matha Si
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-05-17 07:50:27 UTC
Huttan Funaila wrote:
Grigori Annunaki wrote:
Highsec grav sites are an amazing boon for industrialists. You can get a wealth of Zydrine and Nocxium while still moderately safe.
True, but as things are right now, lowsec grav sites are not worth mining at all. The ore found in them is worth less than what is in your regular asteroid belts.

But why is it like that? Everybody complain that lowsec is underused, why not balance it so the ore there is more valuable?
Danni stark
#50 - 2013-05-17 08:06:07 UTC
Do not take it out of context.

i didn't, you said mining with a venture is profitable. it isn't. pretending it is doesn't change the fact that it isn't.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#51 - 2013-05-17 14:02:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Let me get this clear from the start so I don't get into an argument, your best bet is to mine in HS and buy the ore by selling surplus low ends at this point in time, I wonder just how the changes to industry in 0.0 will change this.

Now we go for the fun part, doing it, first of all, do not try this in areas with lots of people, you need to find low sec space with very few people coming in.

1. As soon as someone is in local safe up and cloak, do not cloak in belts
2. Mine in a belt which is away from gates so they do not get you on D-scan
3. Your escape safe should allow you to D-Scan the gates so that you know if they have left system or logged off, though add them to the watch list as soon as you can works too.
4. do not mine at the 0 warpin, move to an area far as possible from that, also bear in mind places that people can warp in from for your mining location.
5. If you want to mine with someone in system, create bookmark safes at least 1,000 KM above and below your mining point then align up and align down while mining roids, this means that when a SB decloaks you warp out fast
6. Create safes that make it look like you are in a belt on D-scan, so that people hunting you keep warping to the belt and find nothing, after a few hours of this they will either go and look for someone else or get probes out, when they get probes out just safe up and cloak, rinse and repeat until the ganker writes you off as an annoying impossible to catch type and leaves you alone
7. You need a scout to move your ore out, jumping blind through gates is a no no...

Have fun...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Previous page123