These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

is data core farming still thing?

Author
Praxis Ginimic
Best Kept Frozen.
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#1 - 2013-05-09 20:54:42 UTC
There seem to be a lot of out-of-date guides concerning data core farming and their prospective value. If data core farming through R&D agents is still a thing I would really appreciate a link to a relevant guide.

Thanks
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#2 - 2013-05-09 21:15:03 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
There seem to be a lot of out-of-date guides concerning data core farming and their prospective value. If data core farming through R&D agents is still a thing I would really appreciate a link to a relevant guide.

Thanks

It still exists, and I am sure people still pick up datacores if they had the research in place before the massive changes last year.

It's really not a viable form of passive income anymore though, if that was your goal. If you need the datacores as part of your invention process and will be training the relevant science skills anyway, you may as well get the research agents as it's not much more effort and will cut down on your component expenses in the long run. It's a heck of a lot easier to get your datacores off Faction Warfare (even without any actual combat involved), or just buying the flood of them on the market which has plummeted in the last few months.

I don't think anybody will write a guide on the new R&D agent process because once it got added to faction warfare, it made the amount of time and effort needed to grind up standings with multiple R&D corps pretty unnecessary.
Praxis Ginimic
Best Kept Frozen.
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#3 - 2013-05-09 21:56:49 UTC
Uh. I was after passive income. Thanks for the heads up. I will no longer bother with the pursuit
Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-05-09 22:02:49 UTC
I'm still earning datacores through the old, passive, system.

It's not as profitable as it used to be. But it's still a passive income.
Zifrian
The Pannion Domin
Ghostbirds
#5 - 2013-05-10 00:49:02 UTC
I just cashed mine in for about 300mil...I think it took me about 6 months to get those rps. Not as good as it once was.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Mia Restolo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-05-10 16:57:37 UTC
Still pretty much the same except there's an isk charge added to buying them which cut into profits. They are also easily bought through FW LP which tanked the market price. I doubt there's any new guides, it isn't much of an isk earner any more and not much else has changed.
Ginger Barbarella
#7 - 2013-05-10 17:04:59 UTC
As someone already mentioned, it's a good way to help reduce your costs in the Industry game if you do inventions. I use all the DCs from my alt's research agents in the invention process for just this reason.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Ishaki
Caldari Prime Investments
#8 - 2013-05-10 20:59:55 UTC
the reason many guides haven't been updates is many systems haven't been updated in a while. This one is one of them. They were included in faction warfare and a small isk fee was added for cashin using the r&d agent but otherwise those guides are still how the process works.