These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

The killer of Karin Midular is winning

Author
TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#21 - 2013-05-08 01:59:07 UTC
Quote:
Can you truly be this blind. They invade and you blame your own government.

No wonder the FIO have lost confidence in Mr Soter and have asked him to resign.
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#22 - 2013-05-08 02:07:35 UTC
Julianus Soter wrote:
Stilwater corporation. An Angel Cartel subsidiary. Why should you be passing judgement on Federation politics again?

I am not. I am passing judgement on you.
Julianus Soter
Blades of Liberty
#23 - 2013-05-08 02:24:56 UTC
I will say here what I've said elsewhere: the federal administration refused any compromise. When Mentas Blaque put the priority of his Black Eagles above maintaining a decades-old alliance with the Minmatar people, then he's gone disastrously wrong as a leader.

We all know he places an undue influence on Federation politics. Now he meddles in our alliance politics.

At the end of the day, tens of thousands of people have died. Compromise could have spared their lives. Neither side compromised. Who went wrong? Both sides. But I am a citizen of the Federation; and it is my solemn duty to hold my leaders accountable.

I have done so, and they have labeled me traitor. Their own press release belies their deception and cover-up:

With regards to our belief the suspect held by the FIO is a clone trooper:

"If this is what your military "analysts" are telling you, it would be a good idea if you fired them. All of them. Immediately. There is literally not a single similiarity between this incident and the attempted assasination of Tibus Heth, other than the fact a gun was pointed at a person, and was summarily discharged."

If this man was simply a human being, and not a DUST soldier, why the hell would they need to hold on to him? Surely they've tortured the remaining sane information out of by now. The other parts of his overly dramatic statement are entirely false; a single assailant, numerous casualties incurred by the attack, and a high-value target. Clearly some inconsistent information, and yet you, Mr. Syagrius, don't seem to care.

Let's be clear, I am not against the Federation, and I will remain loyal to the Constitution and its values to the end of my days. But the Administration has committed acts today which leaves me with serious doubts about their priorities and their ability to best execute the interests of the people of the Federation.

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

Zsaryna Adrelana
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2013-05-08 02:34:17 UTC
Soter... I'd suggest you sit down and shut up.
Quite a few casualties tonight may have been prevented had you had the sense not to leak classified information into the public domain. I think that's why they're calling you a traitor and they have a point there.

I do this for many reasons. I do it because I believe it is right. I do it because I will profit by it. These all consolidate into one reason: I do it because I can.

TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#25 - 2013-05-08 03:06:03 UTC  |  Edited by: TomHorn
Quote:
If this man was simply a human being, and not a DUST soldier, why the hell would they need to hold on to him? Surely they've tortured the remaining sane information out of by now. The other parts of his overly dramatic statement are entirely false; a single assailant, numerous casualties incurred by the attack, and a high-value target. Clearly some inconsistent information, and yet you, Mr. Syagrius, don't seem to care.

Let's be clear, I am not against the Federation, and I will remain loyal to the Constitution and its values to the end of my days. But the Administration has committed acts today which leaves me with serious doubts about their priorities and their ability to best execute the interests of the people of the Federation.

Death Squads , torture , secret prisons maybe Mr Soter you can tell us about ? Where they hold people without charge. Has this shooter been charged yet ?

This is what you are loyal to. This is Federation democracy !.
Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#26 - 2013-05-08 10:25:13 UTC
Julianus Soter wrote:
Stilwater corporation. An Angel Cartel subsidiary. Why should you be passing judgement on Federation politics again?

Nice fallacy: guilt by association.
Donatien Lisette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-05-08 10:28:30 UTC
Seriphyn Inhonores wrote:
Case and point.

Again.

Not empty quoting.
Vinh Trahn
Seven Stars Search and Rescue
#28 - 2013-05-08 10:33:32 UTC
Even the smallest pebble can cause the greatest landslide.

Fear not this night. You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars find their way.

Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#29 - 2013-05-08 11:30:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Ava Starfire
Deleted cause, well, Meh. Doesnt matter.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-05-08 11:41:16 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
I'm hearing that the Republic Fleet intruded into Gallente space, with a fleet of dreadnoughts, and opened fire on the Federation Navy forces there, losing several of their capital ships.

There's probably some kind of lesson here.

Don't let idiots FC?

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

Seraph Dalesi
Vacancy Pulse
#31 - 2013-05-09 13:35:23 UTC
Gallentean justice for crimes against the Gallente: public burning.
Gallentean justice for crimes against the Minmatar: "due process must be served".

I can appreciate the stance taken by the Gallente government, but I hope they can also appreciate how upset many of us are right now.
Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#32 - 2013-05-09 13:43:08 UTC
Seraph Dalesi wrote:
Gallentean justice for crimes against the Minmatar: "due process must be served".

I can appreciate the stance taken by the Gallente government, but I hope they can also appreciate how upset many of us are right now.

Wasn't that burning at the end of the Gallentean due process though?
Seraph Dalesi
Vacancy Pulse
#33 - 2013-05-09 13:59:24 UTC
Evi Polevhia wrote:
Seraph Dalesi wrote:

Wasn't that burning at the end of the Gallentean due process though?

Technically true, but that does not answer to the heart well. Eturrer was tried in absentia and convicted without defending himself. Rather than get a humane death he was given to the crowd to kill through their rage. I am not an expert on Gallentean law but my impression is that both of those points are a bit outside the norm. He chose not to defend his actions in front of the crowd at his execution but at that point he was already publicly declared as guilty. I find it hard to call all of that a proper carriage of justice. I think it is clear that the legal system bent due to the heinous nature of Eturrer's crimes.
Previous page12