These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Freelance Translators

First post
Author
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-05-08 17:32:58 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
The Localization Services team at CCP is looking for freelance contractors to work remotely on translations from English into several languages for EVE Online and/or DUST 514. Currently we are looking for:

German

Potentially in the future:

Italian
Spanish
Japanese

Applicants must be 18+, have excellent command of the language they will translate into (native speaker, good grammar, spelling and sense of style) and would ideally have previous experience with working on translations.

If you are interested, please mail freelancetranslators@ccpgames.com and include the following information (in English):

- Language you want to translate into (in subject line)
- Your CV
- A brief introduction to yourself, including whether you are an EVE Online or DUST 514 player (if any), how many hours you could spend on tasks per week and any additional information that might be important

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

UPDATE:

Russian and French are now closed.

We are taking applications for the other languages until September 20th.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Lacrima Mosa Est
Kolovrat Empire
#2 - 2013-05-09 11:51:10 UTC
Oh, this in an awesome news. Big smile

Manager of the french fansite JOL_EVE and the facebook page **EVE: Online - Français **

Deaperblue
White Torpedoes Inc
#3 - 2013-05-09 12:46:35 UTC
Lacrima Mosa Est wrote:
Oh, this in an awesome news. Big smile

Oh yeah ! need more French Tears :)
CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2013-05-09 13:45:11 UTC
To answer some questions we are getting via e-mail and seeing on various inofficial forums:

- Yes, it is paid work.

- No, it doesn't mean we are doing EVE France, Spain or Italy. It means we have DUST France, Spain and Italy already and that we don't discount the possibility of doing EVE France, Spain or Italy one day. In fact, it doesn't indicate any change in strategy for our localized clients for any language. We have always had freelancers for some languages to work on some of the content, some content is outsourced to big translation houses and some work is done internally.

- The format of the CV doesn't matter, as long as it is in English. It will also not be shared outside CCP.

CCP Shiny \ Producer NES Localization Services \ @ccp_shiny

thorgil
No Vacancies
No Vacancies.
#5 - 2013-05-09 14:18:16 UTC
CCP need some help with french ?
Of course we can help.
ExplosifBe
Pinard Industries
#6 - 2013-05-09 17:01:52 UTC
Belgium to the rescue !
Hera O'Neil
Absolute Order II
Absolute Honor
#7 - 2013-05-09 17:02:42 UTC
CCP Shiny wrote:

- No, it doesn't mean we are doing EVE France

Let me dream, i'm still wating for EvE in French, and i hope see it soon...
Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-05-10 09:45:05 UTC
You're not looking for Hebrew? If you'll ever need that, let me know, I've translated a lot from English to Hebrew in the past, including a book that got published.

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#9 - 2013-05-10 11:08:29 UTC
Aldap wrote:
You're not looking for Hebrew? If you'll ever need that, let me know, I've translated a lot from English to Hebrew in the past, including a book that got published.

I love a challenge, but the thought of localizing EVE into a BiDi language makes me sweat Lol

In all seriousness though: Not currently, but will make sure to ping should that change.

Lacrima Mosa Est
Kolovrat Empire
#10 - 2013-05-30 11:12:05 UTC
Hi,

Any news about this? Smile

Manager of the french fansite JOL_EVE and the facebook page **EVE: Online - Français **

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#11 - 2013-05-30 16:40:28 UTC
Lacrima Mosa Est wrote:
Hi,

Any news about this? Smile

Hi,

There won't really be news - I will contact individuals that sent their applications over the next days and weeks and discuss with them personally.

Za'afiel
Imperceptible Bedevilment
#12 - 2013-07-03 20:39:33 UTC
I do translations, I was electrified by the news, but...

Polish here,

potentially in the future, in the future? :)

Shoot them all! Be polite.

Atharis Ellecon
Funda
ICKARU5
#13 - 2013-07-07 17:42:27 UTC
Ehm, I'd like to know if you still check the applications. I made one but never recieved an answer. Even if I got rejected I'd like to know it, instead of waiting...
CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2013-07-09 16:03:52 UTC
Za'afiel wrote:
I do translations, I was electrified by the news, but...

Polish here,

potentially in the future, in the future? :)

Unfortunately not right now, but yes maybe in the future.

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2013-07-09 16:04:21 UTC
Atharis Ellecon wrote:
Ehm, I'd like to know if you still check the applications. I made one but never recieved an answer. Even if I got rejected I'd like to know it, instead of waiting...

Yes, still checking them and everyone will get a reply Smile

Atharis Ellecon
Funda
ICKARU5
#16 - 2013-07-11 21:18:43 UTC
CCP Shiny wrote:
Atharis Ellecon wrote:

Yes, still checking them and everyone will get a reply Smile

Good to know it. Smile
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#17 - 2013-07-12 12:52:08 UTC
Dang, it's a pity I have a job... would love to have enough time to help translate EVE into Spanish! Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2013-07-12 13:00:19 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Dang, it's a pity I have a job... would love to have enough time to help translate EVE into Spanish! Lol

You don't need a lot of time - 5 to 10 hours a week is already great.

Also, we are now accepting applications for Spanish, Italian and Japanese.

blazegryph
Corpy Hooves
#19 - 2013-07-12 14:51:18 UTC
i'd like to acclarate that, for many, is not the same the Spain's Spanish (Castillian) than the South America's spanish... many expressions and words change, altough the phrase constructions are quite equal... so it may be a bit risky deciding which translation apply to the game (if it ever gets translated!)... so perhaps you /may/ want to specify which branch of the languaje CCP wants (or even all of them!!, that would add even more deep to the gamers all around the globe)
CCP Shiny
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2013-07-12 15:34:18 UTC
blazegryph wrote:
i'd like to acclarate that, for many, is not the same the Spain's Spanish (Castillian) than the South America's spanish... many expressions and words change, altough the phrase constructions are quite equal... so it may be a bit risky deciding which translation apply to the game (if it ever gets translated!)... so perhaps you /may/ want to specify which branch of the languaje CCP wants (or even all of them!!, that would add even more deep to the gamers all around the globe)

You are right about that - currently we use European Spanish for DUST but I am interested in hearing from native speakers of other variations, too.

123Next page