These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Clarification on Electus Matari actions in Federation space today

First post
Author
Altaen
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#61 - 2013-05-08 21:33:01 UTC
Del Vikus wrote:

"Our"? Cute.

Are you suggesting I am disloyal to the Tribes, Del Vikus? You'd do well to learn that we each serve in our own way.
Del Vikus
Sundered Core
#62 - 2013-05-08 22:24:33 UTC

Altaen wrote:
Our government

You're talking about the Republic. Slight difference between that and the Tribes. I somehow doubt what you do in any way contributes to the security of "our" government. I cannot comment on your contributions to the Vherokior people.
Altaen
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#63 - 2013-05-08 22:57:28 UTC
Del Vikus wrote:

Altaen wrote:
Our government

You're talking about the Republic. Slight difference between that and the Tribes. I somehow doubt what you do in any way contributes to the security of "our" government. I cannot comment on your contributions to the Vherokior people.

The recent Tribal Council made them one and the same. Unification. I'm not so certain "Republic" is an accurate descriptor for this reborn government. But I do know which authority gave the EM-led fleet the order to engage in Colelie, and I'd certainly have called it Tribal before I'd have called it government, even if they are one and the same these days.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#64 - 2013-05-08 23:11:18 UTC
The total silence in answer to these inquiries makes me wonder if the head of off the snake in the Republic.

There may be an insurrection going on.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#65 - 2013-05-08 23:33:40 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Answers to some questions and concerns:

1) I was not "just following orders". I made a choice to follow the chain of command I have willingly taken an oath to. Those are two different things and if you are unable to grasp the difference, I really have nothing further to say to you

In fact, they are identical; weaseling apologists unable to grasp as much are why war criminals flourish to the present day. Well done, weaseling apologists! But after all that jurisdictional fairy tale blood nonsense, further evidence that you do not actually know what you are talking about is redundant.

On to the sublime:

Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
I voice my disagreement with the Federal decisions, but if it is my call, I will not start a war over them.

and

Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
I made a choice to follow the chain of command

Emphasis in the original oh dear Heavens it doesn't get better than that... all right, three of my Sebboi Plushies are better than that, but just barely. Tears of joy.

On to poor Witch Midular:

As James pointed out elsewhere more politely, in life, the Matari "civilization" reviled her for being a woman of peace. I believe bounties placed on her head by Tribalists have been mentioned, yes? Yes? "Unity!" Now, in death, you stupid savages have turned your people's greatest symbol of peace and cultural understanding into a lightning rod for ethnic hatred in... the Federation.

An entire lifetime's achievement overshadowed in a blink by a pack of obedient, order-following links in the chain of command.

Priceless!

House Sarum's preparations to invade the Republic now seem almost Divinely inspired. I do hope they don't play their hand too soon. There is also that boy Heth... a wild card, him. My apologies to the State in advance if our civilizations somehow end up sacrificing entire lifetimes of our respective symbols for peace and cultural understanding... well... we don't really have...

There it is. We can't be quite as stupid as the Matari have just been. Some comfort, there.
James Syagrius
Reclamation
#66 - 2013-05-09 01:02:00 UTC
Draqone an'Alreigh wrote:
There is no reason why they can not hand over a terrorist.

Sovereignty? Rule of law?

I hope in your bravado you take time to consider, you supported a foreign invader to kill your own.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#67 - 2013-05-09 01:36:08 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
There it is. We can't be quite as stupid as the Matari have just been. Some comfort, there.

Pretty sure you can be, and in fact, routinely are.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

DeadRow
Blue Canary
Watch This
#68 - 2013-05-09 02:12:28 UTC
Good to hear that there are people in the cluster who don't just balk in the face of orders given to them.

Good show, Electus.
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#69 - 2013-05-09 03:40:55 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Oh? Tell me little miss who put the "sham" in "shaman," what champion of peace and cultural outreach should the Empire sacrifice to pull even with your "civilization?" Poor Midular - born a religious leader among a people who more commonly measure spiritual depth by the ink splattered on their pretty little faces.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#70 - 2013-05-09 03:52:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Oh? Tell me little miss who put the "sham" in "shaman," what champion of peace and cultural outreach should the Empire sacrifice to pull even with your "civilization?" Poor Midular - born a religious leader among a people who more commonly measure spiritual depth by the ink splattered on their pretty little faces.

You seem to have mistaken the Ray of Matar with Vuld Haupt.
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#71 - 2013-05-09 03:58:46 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
Ava Starfire wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

You seem to have mistaken the Ray of Matar with Vuld Haupt.

Is that so, doll?
Adreena Madeveda
Sebiestor Tribe
#72 - 2013-05-09 05:45:52 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Is that so, doll?

It is so, girl.

...................\o\ /o/...................

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#73 - 2013-05-09 10:53:28 UTC
Altaen wrote:
Graceful as ever, Else.

But it might be wise for all of the pilots of the Electus and others loyal to the Tribes to slow down somewhat on how strongly you disagree with orders that came, as you were told, "from the top."
It is fair to disagree with those orders based on how much information you have presently, but it should go without saying that that you may not have as much information as those at the top.
You are presently feeling wrong about opening fire on those you presently consider to be allies, but it might just be that a time will come in the future that you will realize that a higher commander with a broader set of intel knew exactly what they were doing when they gave those orders.
There are better uses for your energy than public disagreement with the decisions of the Sanmatar. It is only in the last 90 days that the first Tribal Council in a thousand years met, and a reaffirmation of Tribal Unity was made. Our government is newly reborn, and yet you are quick to stand against their decisions, rather than behind them.
I'm certainly no proponent of blind institutional faith, and I would never suggest that anyone should be. You know well my opinions of the RSS and their methods, for example...but I do think there is room to let things unfold somewhat before jumping to conclusions.
For the sake of Tribal strength I'd hope to see at least a sliver of the benefit of a doubt.

Interesting. You mean that the higher top command was actually expecting independant capsuleers to obey blindly without much information ?
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2013-05-09 11:00:32 UTC
Altaen wrote:

The recent Tribal Council made them one and the same. Unification. I'm not so certain "Republic" is an accurate descriptor for this reborn government. But I do know which authority gave the EM-led fleet the order to engage in Colelie, and I'd certainly have called it Tribal before I'd have called it government, even if they are one and the same these days.

You would do well not to entertain such illusions at this infantile stage of the Tribal Council's inception.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#75 - 2013-05-09 13:24:06 UTC
Adreena Madeveda wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Is that so, doll?

It is so, girl.

Ah, splendid! So let's see if I have the idiot perspective down correctly:

Little Ava Sweet Pea, "shaman" because she tells us so every five minutes.

Witch Midular, "secular politician?" Is that it, doll?

Right. So as I said, spiritual depth determined by ink splattered on pretty little faces. Oh, and a moron from... PIE. What is up with that, I wonder?
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2013-05-09 13:37:27 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Right. So as I said, spiritual depth determined by ink splattered on pretty little faces.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Vuld Haupt is the Sebiestor Tribes popular spiritual leader (I do not revere him as such), and chosen not due to his Voluval. I only point you to any synopsis of his biography if you're curious as to what about him lends to his 'spiritual depth'.

Goodness dear, pay attention, I know you are not this dim.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Del Vikus
Sundered Core
#77 - 2013-05-09 13:37:47 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
Adreena Madeveda wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Is that so, doll?

It is so, girl.

Ah, splendid! So let's see if I have the idiot perspective down correctly...

Facts are so terribly inconvenient when you're busy sketching ad hominem caricatures.

Midular was neither "secular" nor "religious", mostly because we Matari do not feel the need to make these distinctions in most circumstances. Our "religion" does not back us into a corner with dogmatism and the insane droolings of prophets. Our shamans -- of which Ava is an honoured member -- give us advice and guidance, but do not rule over us in the tyrannical way the citizens of the Empire seem to crave. The recently deceased Ray of Matar was a moderate in many ways, not the least of which was the spirituality of our people, an area of our life she respected but clearly did not feel the need to browbeat us with. It is this quality -- her respect and tolerance -- which we mourn most deeply now.

It is a wonder and a testament to her character that she did not turn to a more violent and zealous path. Having suffered in her youth as a slave to the Empire, she could have been forgiven for waving a fiery sword of religious hate. Instead, she turned to diplomacy and peace, and forged a legacy which history will no doubt show saved billions of lives.

I don't expect any of these realities to trouble you, however, Pilot Noh. I'm sure your mind is quite made up.
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#78 - 2013-05-09 13:44:35 UTC
I honestly relieved you lost. How far were you willing to push to get one man? How many fleets of friends would you have slaughter, allowed to be slaughtered? And how would you feel if the peace between the federation and the republic ended? You would have been better served attacking your own with the feds as hard as it would be to do.

Do I have a dog in this hunt? Yes and no.

No because I'm sure you will be ever so quick to tell me to attend to my own affairs. Don't bother.

Yes because the balance of power effects everyone. I don't want a massive war and neither should you.

This problem is slowly effecting us all, this is becoming the autocannon shots heard round the cluster.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#79 - 2013-05-09 14:07:00 UTC
Halete wrote:
Gosakumori Noh wrote:

Right. So as I said, spiritual depth determined by ink splattered on pretty little faces.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Vuld Haupt is the Sebiestor Tribes popular spiritual leader (I do not revere him as such), and chosen not due to his Voluval. I only point you to any synopsis of his biography if you're curious as to what about him lends to his 'spiritual depth'.

Goodness dear, pay attention, I know you are not this dim.

The message that one should rise above present circumstances and move beyond petty hatreds is a spiritual one, doll, and - incidentally - diametrically opposed to what the idiot Matari have just done to avenge Midular's assassination.

Did that go over your pretty little heads? Perhaps if you imagine "rise above move beyond" as a tattoo... in pretty little pictures? No? All right, why don't we substitute the word "execution" for "assassination?"

Do those with at least a meager historical perspective see any resemblances to past religious figures of significance *yet?*

I see. Fine. Imagine Midular played by Little Ava Sweet Pea, bouncing around the stage saying "I am the messiah, see, look at my tattoos!" I rather suspect that's how it will play out in a few hundred years, anyway...
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-05-09 14:21:48 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
Vagary.

I see, pardon me.

I was under the impression that you were not simply another person attempting to converse with Minmatar, on Minmatar topics, whilst staunchly holding to your own false preconceptions about Minmatar as if they were Scripture.

No, child. Wrong still! Now act not so supercilious whilst flaunting such a grasping understanding of our late Ray of Matar.