These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Tibus Heth denounces Federation; offers condolences to Republic

Author
TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#1 - 2013-05-08 21:35:44 UTC  |  Edited by: TomHorn
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/tibus-heth-denounces-federation-offers-condolences-to-republic/

New Caldari – State Executor Tibus Heth has released a statement calling the Federation “callous imperialists” and once again offering the State's condolences for the death of Karin Midular.

The statement reads, “It is with my deepest regret that I learned of the passing of Karin Midular. Though my offer of State aide was rebuffed, I still dearly wished for her to survive. While I never had the chance to meet her, her reputation stood on its own. She was a peacemaker and a proponent for change. She fought for what she believed in, but never put the good of the few above the good of the many. I believe, had I the chance, we would have been fast friends. I, too, shall mourn her passing and mourn the passing of a person who could have been a great ambassador between the Republic and State.

“I say to the Minmatar people, I stand with you. I understand the pain you feel at your Ray's death. I understand the anger you hold toward the Federation, which continues to withhold justice from you. They are callous imperialists who cannot understand any way but their own. To them, the Ray of Matar is a bunch of meaningless squiggles. They cannot comprehend the deep, spiritual meaning it holds to you, much as they do not understand what the Cold Wind of the Kaalakiota Peaks means to the Caldari. They hold both the murderer of your Ray and the homeworld of my people.

“We are both wounded by them. The Federation Navy and the Senate are both tools of denial and oppression. They seek to stamp out any sort of diversity that does not fit their narrow mindset. So I offer my hand to you in peace; let us stand together against the hatred the Federation engenders.”

The Minmatar Republic has not commented on Heth's statement.
Graelyn
Aeternus Command Academy
#2 - 2013-05-08 21:44:15 UTC
Tibus, You Dunce...

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#3 - 2013-05-08 21:55:35 UTC
Well.... Now any gesture of condolence to the Republic by ANY Caldari will look self-serving and trite.

Thank you SO much, Executor Heth...

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Caellach Marellus
Stormcrows
#4 - 2013-05-08 21:56:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Caellach Marellus
He's a callous little shitehawk isn't he.

A fine representative of the vultures that have been circling here, trying to further destabalise any peace to serve their own selfish means.

Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Well.... Now any gesture of condolence to the Republic by ANY Caldari will look self-serving and trite.

Don't worry, some of your compatriots already were managing that.

When your gut instincts tell you something is wrong, trust them. When your heart tells you something is right, ignore it, check with your brain first. Accept nothing, challenge everything.

Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#5 - 2013-05-08 22:15:09 UTC
While it may be unpopular to say, I personally hope that the Minmatar accept the condolences of the Executor and the State. While it would be better had the whole affair never happened, perhaps new friendships can be salvaged from the misfortune. I think that the dissolution of old grudges and the hope of a brighter day would be a better outcome than what we currently witness. I also feel that this would, in the long run, be helpful in forming a more durable, lasting peace in the Cluster.
TomHorn
#6 - 2013-05-08 22:23:43 UTC
Quote:
He's a callous little shitehawk isn't he.

A fine representative of the vultures that have been circling here, trying to further destabalise any peace to serve their own selfish means.

I know you and many other dislike the State Leader Marellus , but i firmly believe his sentiments are genuine.
Del Vikus
Sundered Core
#7 - 2013-05-08 22:28:43 UTC
Scherezad wrote:
While it may be unpopular to say, I personally hope that the Minmatar accept the condolences of the Executor and the State. While it would be better had the whole affair never happened, perhaps new friendships can be salvaged from the misfortune. I think that the dissolution of old grudges and the hope of a brighter day would be a better outcome than what we currently witness. I also feel that this would, in the long run, be helpful in forming a more durable, lasting peace in the Cluster.

Your optimism and lack of cynicsim is admirable, Scherezad.

I wish Heth shared it.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#8 - 2013-05-08 22:31:25 UTC
These sentiments can both be genuine and self-serving, Horn. Had Heth merely offered State assistance in securing the assassin, that would have suited his intent without being as self-serving.

As it stands, the words come across as callous and hollow.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

BloodBird
Duty.
Stay Feral
#9 - 2013-05-08 22:39:28 UTC  |  Edited by: BloodBird
Predictable. Like the turning of the seasons.

I wish he would stop being this childish - could he not have offered his condolences for Chief Midular without dragging the Fed into this again? If only something he had to say did not involve us and we got an idea that his world does not spin around the Federal Eagle.

Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Not absolutely. If you wish to offer your condolences to the Matari for anything, feel free to do so.

Just don't drag any obvious personal bias into it and you will be fine.
Del Vikus
Sundered Core
#10 - 2013-05-08 22:41:59 UTC
TomHorn wrote:

I know you and many other dislike the State Leader Marellus , but i firmly believe his sentiments are genuine.

I know you don't truly believe that, TomHorn. Hs words practically define "callous opportunism".

That a leader as vile and corrupt as Heth survives with the support of honest State citizens such as yourself makes me sad.
Tiber Brucato
Really Great Space Corporation
United Neopian Federation
#11 - 2013-05-08 22:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiber Brucato
This just in: Tibus Heth struggles to remain relevent.
Makoto Priano
#12 - 2013-05-08 22:59:31 UTC
Unfortunately, Mr. Brucato, he will remain relevant until such a point as the CEP is able to remove him from his position as executor.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

TomHorn
#13 - 2013-05-08 23:05:26 UTC
Quote:
As it stands, the words come across as callous and hollow.

He is comparing there loss of A Ray with the Caldari loss of our Homeworld.Sentiments seems genuine enough to me. You being little bit harsh there Priano.

My real concerns are what our allies will think of the statement.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#14 - 2013-05-08 23:09:02 UTC
I always found that there is not much need be said about Heth to damage any aspect of his person since you can count on him to do it himself every time he opens his mouth.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Makoto Priano
#15 - 2013-05-08 23:16:34 UTC
Horn; the issue isn't that he's making the comparison between the loss of Caldari Prime and the Ray of Matar. Rather, it's that his effort to isolate the Gallente dovetails entirely too well with his long-running and well-established hatred of the Federation, and his desire to destroy it. While I have no doubt that in this moment he understands the Matari discontent at continued Gallente resistance to extradition, he turns this sentiment into his standard tirade against the Federation. This tirade is such a common sight that we all know it by now, and so it cheapens the sentiment given before.

He would do better to seek to build bridges between the Matari and Caldari, rather than burning them between the Matari and Gallente.

And let me state, for the record, that my view here is that the bloodshed we've recently witnessed is due to a singular failure of diplomacy between the Federation and Republic, and could easily have been averted had either side taken the barest effort to extend a hand in friendship. This does a disservice to the people of both these nations.

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#16 - 2013-05-08 23:19:03 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Perhaps then we should focus on private gestures of condolences to those we know will appreciate them.

I have found it much more sincere to offer condolences to my friends, rather than attempting to address the entire Republic from a position of comparative irrelevance. I'm just one capsuleer, and even the mighty Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive pales in comparison to the trillions of Republic citizens I might presume to address.

Instead, I focus on these few friends of mine, letting them know where I stand on the matter. Those I've spoken to are those who already knew without me saying so. I think that means more than attempting to reach out to the Republic and jockey for attention alongside the Executor himself.

Katrina Oniseki

Bai'xao Meiyi
#17 - 2013-05-09 02:34:40 UTC
How is Midular dead, but this disgusting piece of human slime still breathes?

By god I hope I'll be reading about his 'tragic' demise sooner rather the later.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#18 - 2013-05-09 06:26:18 UTC
Go to hell, Heth. You did not just turn a good guy or the megacorps not slaver allies who previously were so, just because we have a quarrel with an ally.
Korsavius
Revenent Defence Corperation
#19 - 2013-05-09 06:43:34 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Go to hell, Heth. You did not just turn a good guy or the megacorps not slaver allies who previously were so, just because we have a quarrel with an ally.

I'm no Minmatar shaman, but it seems to me like some time away from the IGS and public spotlight would do you some good.

Cold Wind's Blade || Follow the I-RED Newsfeed & visit the I-RED GalNet site!

Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#20 - 2013-05-09 08:25:41 UTC
Why? Because I do not think Heth is a good guy?
123Next pageLast page